For those in the know: Loyola v. Rush v. Rosalind Franklin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phantasmagoria

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the major differences between the three? I need to start withdrawing apps, and would rather not have to go to chicago three separate times (great city, but not cheap to get there).

Members don't see this ad.

Rush is the only one that is downtown, but they don't accept very many OOS students even though they are a private school (107 interviews for 3959 OOS applicants, vs 285 interviews out of 1458 in state applicants).

Other than that, Loyola and Rosalind Franklin are both in suburbs of Chicago, but I don't know of any major differences between the two.

Members don't see this ad :)
Stritch is in the near west suburb of Maywood. It is maybe 10-15 minutes from Chicago. I've only been there once, so I'm not sure.

Rush is just west of the loop in Chicago.

RF is in North Chicago, which is about a 45-50 minute train ride away from Chicago.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't RFU have its clinicals in downtown Chicago despite the fact that its first 2 years are in the suburb in North chicago?