For those of you going to med school in the fall,what are YOU doing this summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hemichordate

Peds
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Im planning to see some friends up in NYC that I have neglected for a while since I was in a post-bac. I'm going to take a trip with my brothers to LA and San Fran. Hoping to still go on this trip to Ireland with my boyfriend. Spend some time in Pittsburgh where my boyfriend lives so that we can pretend that we have a normal relationship instead of the LD :p. Spend time with my family and possibly take our last family trip for a while. :(

I'm going to become essentially worthless. Besides my ~15 hours/week or work and 8 hours/week of volunteering, I'm not going to do a damn thing. Nothing. I'll continue to work out as I do, but other than that, I'll be sitting on my *** watching TV and/or playing video games all day. I deserve it, dammit.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can tell you what I'll be doing next summer (the summer before MS1):

Italy
Vegas
Road trip or Birthright w/ friends

In that order :p

Build a castle out of yellow, red and blue legos

I'm flying to Germany for a week, chillin with family and friends, then starting a research position for most of the summer; I blew it :(

I work full-time, but I'm taking a month off before school starts to see family and enjoy life and free time. Probably for the last time ever.

I'm going to sit around for a few weeks, go on a family vacation, get married, go on my honeymoon, sit around for a few more weeks, and then start studying for the duration of my 20's.

I have submitted all of my students' grades for the semester so "bioteach" is no longer an accurate description of me. Now I sit back and wait for the flood of emails ("but I'm only 2 percentage points from a D" - got that one today) from disgruntled students.

Other than that I'm going to be a housewife for the summer. Since we are trying to sell our house before moving for med school, its going to be a full time job keeping it showing quality clean. Ugh.

I'm going to sit around for a few weeks, go on a family vacation, get married, go on my honeymoon, sit around for a few more weeks, and then start studying for the duration of my 20's.

What, you could fit "starting a family," "raising kids," and "attending son's graduation" into the beginning of August?

Be a lazy beach bum for a week with the girlfriend and then backpack through Glacier for a week with the guys.

Moving, starting a research project, and going to Baltimore/DC area for a week. I'm excited for school to start, but I'm going to miss out on a lot of fun family trips this year. Oh well, it will be worth it...right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am working full time at a easy, menial job and it is great relaxation! Also I will be taking a 7 day vacation to the beach in June.

As my username suggests..... I am going on a Scuba trip in the Cayman Islands beginning monday :D Oh yeah, Ill log 10 days of solid beach time too. After that Im going home to lay in the pool until August. Ahhhhh relaxation

What, you could fit "starting a family," "raising kids," and "attending son's graduation" into the beginning of August?
Ahh we'll see about that. I think we are going to hold off on kids until at least after the first week of class haha

I'm apt hunting, and then going to China to get wedding supplies and celebrate the Olympics and my engagement :)

Hawaii for my friends wedding then solo backpacking around Japan for two weeks

i'm doing med school this summer. we start July 10 :(

before then, i'm trying to wrap up a contract on a place there. also desperately trying to sell my place here.

working full-time and having acl reconstruction then rehab and maybe a week at home with the family

working full-time until three weeks before school starts. Then getting married, and moving during those three weeks. I might go on a camping trip or just spend time with my family before school starts. Unfortunately, we can't afford an actual honeymoon, unless a family member decides to surprise us. I'm not holding my breath for that :(.

Will be finishing up my job in July. Going on a two-week trip to Alaska (1 week land trip, 1 week cruise) with the family in mid-July. Nagging bf to go on a second trip (earlier one was to the Keys) in late July/early August.

But, I will also be learning how to drive this summer. This is an ongoing project.

Picked a handful of countries. Now I'm going to go find the best restaurants in each of them.

working up until 2 days before school starts. then, I'm moving and buying all my furniture in 2 days.

won't be stressful at all :rolleyes:

That's me in a nutshell as well, although I'm going to move a few weeks in advance to avoid the stressful part.

Giving birth to twins. More than enough, I think.

Having wild donkey sex with barnyard animals.

Um okay why is everyone getting married? This is concerning me to be attending med school pseudo-single. Also I'm not sure what I'm doing...actually would like an opinion should I:

a) Do summer anatomy from June-August with a 2 week break before REG med school starts in august

b) Do anatomy with everyone else and be a lazy pos, learn spanish and possibly take a trip?

Continue to work full-time until 2 weeks before class starts. Then go to Vegas for a week, see a concert, and relax!