For those of you worried about Temple...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flat4

Mullet Redesigner
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
We just got this email from the dean:

"To the Student Body:
Thanks to you, we did it! For the faculty, staff and student body at Temple University School of Dentistry (TUSoD) who virtually have been preparing nonstop for the past three years, the April 2004 visit of the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) concluded what can only be described as a ?perfect? outcome to our accreditation site visit.
Thanks to you, with this accomplishment, Temple has entered the elite level of U.S. dental schools.
TUSoD received zero recommendations from CODA in both the predoctoral DMD degree programs and in its advanced educational programs in general dentistry and the clinical specialty areas of endodontics, orthodontics and periodontics, thereby acknowledging the quality of the school?s dental educational programs.
It was a team effort, and you, our best ambassadors, were an important part of both the process and the outcome. The visitors praised your ?passion? in recognizing the ?perfect? quality of the clinical education you are receiving at Temple. I thank you all.
The next issue of The Diamond will include a detailed discussion of the April 2004 accreditation process and its outcomes.
Beginning with the Class of 2004 until the next comprehensive accreditation site visit in 2011, you can take tremendous pride in graduating from a ?perfect? dental school."

I don't know about the whole "perfect" thing but I think it shows you that we are a very capable dental school. Also, I know there were some rumors circulating about Temple calling it quits in the near future but it looks as though we'll be okay until at least 2011. Future applicants, fire away :horns:

Members don't see this ad.

Having such a good outcome for reaccreditation is no small feat. Well done!

Yo GoLakers.... I was just bout to post that dude :D

this of course is good news, but I dont know where these rumours came from.