For those who applied to TX schools last year, how much space is..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rougemarie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
available for the personal statement? I am finished with mine; however, some of the schools' online application won't until October and I want to make sure that I format mine accordingly (i.e. roughly one page, single space? two pages?)

Any helpful info on this would be greatly appreciated. Other opinions (from other states' system) are welcomed as well. Many thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

For TSU, i believe there is no limit to how long your statement is. You write it and then submit it to them as a word file. Mine was 2.5 pages long double spaced

For UH, you will only have to write a personal statement if offered an interview. They give a limit of 600 words.

If I remember correctly, I had to alter my personal statement 4 different times so i could apply to TT, UT, UH, and TSU. They all ask different questions, but it shouldn't be longer than 2 or 3 pages double spaced.

timbo301 said:
For TSU, i believe there is no limit to how long your statement is. You write it and then submit it to them as a word file. Mine was 2.5 pages long double spaced

For UH, you will only have to write a personal statement if offered an interview. They give a limit of 600 words.

If I remember correctly, I had to alter my personal statement 4 different times so i could apply to TT, UT, UH, and TSU. They all ask different questions, but it shouldn't be longer than 2 or 3 pages double spaced.

Thanks, timbo, that's very helpful. 600 words is very tight imho, but I'll stick to 2-3 pages double spaced whenever possible. :thumbup: