For those who completed MCP post-bac...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bubbaap

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got invited for a phone interview and I had some questions about the program. I'm wondering about the success rate after completion of the IMS program. Does a good portion of the class actually make it into med school? And does MCP offer any guarantees for acceptance or interviews or anything. Also, how difficult was it to maintain the B-average? Thanks for your help guys :)

Members don't see this ad.

bump...any MCP post-bac alumni out there?

All people think the IMS program is challenging, however it varies from person to person as to how hard it is. The B average is attainable, but there are a few classes that seem to screw a lot of people.....especially immuno.

The program does have a lot of success and it really depends upon the individual. I would add that most people get in to a school after their first year and all (or almost all) get in after doing the second year.

I was in the MSP program and will be in the IMS prgram next year. I am still happy with my decision to come to Philly even though Philly is ...well...okay.

Good luck and feel free to PM me.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long should I expect to hear from MCP postbac programs after the phone interview? Thanks

I also just had a phone interview and she said they would take 3-4 weeks to get back to me. I thought it was a little odd since the program starts in 4 weeks.

That is very odd BVS, and they said the same thing to me after my phone interview. But I think the decision may come sooner and they just tell us that so we don't call the admissions office and bug them. I remember when I called to check my application status, they said my file was completed just that day and it would take "a few weeks" for it to get processed. I got an invitation for a phone interview three days later.

what kinda stats do you need to get into the IMS program at MCP and similar programs?

Yea can somebody post some stats? what is the diff bet/ IMS and MSP programs.. search is down

kittyjuice,

I don't know if I can answer for the IMS program since I haven't gotten a decision yet. But I had a 3.65 gpa and a 25 and was accepted into the program at Finch.

Kry,

The MSP program is for people who want to boost their MCAT scores. Students take basic science classes like physics and chemistry and then I believe they take the MCAT in April or August.

In the IMS program, you are actually taking medical school courses with the med students and are graded on their curve. I think this helps show the adcoms that you are competitive with actual med students.

Anyone please add if you know more info...

what if i want to boost my GPA? good masters with postbacc work. i have a 27q mcat.