For those who have applied more than once....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cla1203

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a queston, if you are applying for the second time or more... do you have to get 3 more evaluations, or can you use the ones from previous years? I know it seems trivial, but I quit my job to focus on school so I could graduate sooner and now I don't know where I will get 3 more evaluations for next year.

Members don't see this ad.

I would check with the schools you'll be reapplying to and asking them. I think theyre all different. Personally, Florida told me I needed three new ones while Tufts said I could reuse the older ones. good luck!

You def. need to have the LORs resubmited. If the three people that wrote letters for you last time are willing to submit them again you might be able to do that. Remember though that LOR don't all need to be from vets, employers, etc. I asked a prof to write one for me, so you can always try that. That would be one down!

Good luck :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
oh Ok, it shouldn't be too hard to get a few profs to write for me. I will just have to check, thanks!

Keep in mind though that Dean Thompson of UF said in a speech about admissions the other day that (and this is atleast for UF) one letter had to be from a Vet. This is not stated on the website he said but implied only.

Keep in mind though that Dean Thompson of UF said in a speech about admissions the other day that (and this is atleast for UF) one letter had to be from a Vet. This is not stated on the website he said but implied only.

Yeah, I would try and keep at least one from a vet just to be safe.

There's a book that you can send away for from AVMA that covers the admission requirements at various schools. This year the book was purple. (Did you guys get it?) Anyway some of the schools I applied to required one from an employer, one from a vet, and one from a prof or advisor. Just check it with the schools you are applying to.