For those who took the PCAT in July....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rak173

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Were there any open ended short questions in the bio or chem section? If yes, were these experimental questions? Did they count? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

any tips on reading and QA? reading is my lowest score on the pearson's practice tests. i tried writing the main idea for every paragraph I read but that still doesn't help improve my score
Hey I am taking the pcat this week also, when are you taking yours?

Members don't see this ad :)
Experimental questions do not count, so I skipped over them completely.. answered them last because they literally dont matter

Were the experimental questions open ended questions or passage based questions? I read somewhere that it may not be possible to differentiate between the regular and experimental questions.

oh okay, and yeah reading and quant are my lowest as well. I hope the bio and chem are like the Pearson practice tests.

Were the experimental questions open ended questions or passage based questions? I read somewhere that it may not be possible to differentiate between the regular and experimental questions.
Experimental questions will most likely be the passage based questions, I would do them last if you have time.

me too! those are my high scores so hopefully they will balance out. how have you been studying for reading and math?
Math I have been studying a lot but I am doing really bad in it. First 2 pearson exams my math was mid-range but last one it dropped low. I am super nervous tho, are you applying this cycle?

yea I am lol how were your other ranges for math? what was your composite like? My chem is in the 80-99th range bio is around there high lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh okay, how was your composite range mine is between 50-70% but I hope I end up in the higher end. Have you started applying already?

first test was 60-80. second test was 58-78 :(. i didnt do the last and final practice test yet. yeah i started the app already

not really, but there were tons of exact questions from Dr. Collins that were on the PCAT. ESPECIALLY the chemistry section i literally flew by that section with like 10 minutes left
Even for Bio? Is biology more detailed than on the pearson practice exams?

so guys, I am taking the PCAT on November and I already studied Chemistry from Kaplan and Collins both 2015 , do you think I should focus on Collins now and let Kaplan just for references? to be honest I find Kaplan a little bit difficult and going through it is taking me a lot of time ugh. Thanks :)

I already studied Chemistry from Kaplan and Collins both 2015 , do you think I should focus on Collins now and let Kaplan just for references? to be honest I find Kaplan a little bit difficult and going
what else have you been using to study besides the practice tests
How far did you get on your application and when are you planning to send it in? Are you still gonna study these 2 days for the pcat? lol

How far did you get on your application and when are you planning to send it in? Are you still gonna study these 2 days for the pcat? lol
i just need to fix my personal statement then im done. probably before the end of this month. yeah i am. really worried about reading and math section :(

oh thanks! not that long. still have to fix it. i think as long as you have good pcat and extracirrciular stuff/ LOR's then you'll be good.i know someone who had no extracurricular activties at all and still got in. got all your LORs yet?

going to ask for LORs after Sept 18th. They should take a max 4 weeks so nov. seems like when i will apply. How long did it take for your LORs?

so I am very confused with the applications due dates, lol, but If you apply after Nov 2 you are applying for Fall' 17? I am taking the Pcat in Nov and I see most schools due dates are in Nov and I just have 2 schools here in Florida that their due dates is in Feb :( I want to apply to more schools but seems like is not happening this year :( any tips? pleasee? lol thanks

so I am very confused with the applications due dates, lol, but If you apply after Nov 2 you are applying for Fall' 17? I am taking the Pcat in Nov and I see most schools due dates are in Nov and I just have 2 schools here in Florida that their due dates is in Feb :( I want to apply to more schools but seems like is not happening this year :( any tips? pleasee? lol thanks
Which schools are you applying to ? Most schools have application deadline of March 1st but the earliest I have seen on Pharmcas was Jan 1st

Nova Southeastern Univ, and UF here in florida, and it says on the website that the deadline for submitting a PharmCAS application for regular admission is February 1, 2016
I wanted to apply to others like few in Texas but it says is due on Nov,2015 ? I am totally confused :(