For UCLA ppl who have taken the chem 14 series

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fadedrebel

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, it turns out that most school require 8 semester units of general chem and 8 units of organic chem... (same with MD schools as well)...

For people who have taken the 14 series of chem, I don't think we have enough credits to satisfy the organic requirement for either DO or MD schools. yet, when I got my secondary from MSUCOM, they only noted that I was missing the necessary units in the behavorial sciences... they did not mention anything regarding the o-chem requirements...

I was wondering if most schools just accept the 14 series chem and o-chem as meeting their minimum requirements....

any thoughts??

Members don't see this ad.

I went to UCLA and don't worry about the chem 14 series. I took it too and all the schools I have talked to so far and been accepted at have not had a proble with it. They are very understanding of our school's system and are willing to accept it, as long as you completed the entire series 14a, 14b, 14bl, 14c, 14cl and 140 (aka 14d). When AZCOM sent me my acceptance letter they had on it that i was deficient in g-chem and 0-chem but I called and they said that they are not going to make anyone take .6hrs-1.3hrs of anything. No worries! Good luck!