This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ninna

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All.

There is so many rules for each city for foreign dentist that I'am so confused.

If I want to work in Florida, and I have a dental degree from a foreign country, but I did my residency in orthodontics in the US (no AEGD/GPR). Is there a possibility to work as a orthodontics, even in academia I'm fine with that. Do you guys now where I can find all the information?

Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All.

If I want to work in Florida, and I have a dental degree from a foreign country, but I did my residency in orthodontics in the US (no AEGD/GPR). Is there a possibility to work as a orthodontics, even in academia I'm fine with that. Do you guys now where I can find all the information?

Thank you in advance.

Hi you can find all the information on Florida dental board website. After a speciality degree from USA. You can not work in Florida . You can work in Florida after AEGD from USA. It is so weird but that what Florida board thinks . After speciality you can work in Texas, Virginia and some other states. In dental schools, yes you can work. Check the job opportunities at lecom , nova and UF. And meet the program director of ortho. May be they will help you.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
76A94337-5283-4564-AC9F-E4F48E632B5E.jpeg
Hi All.

Thank you in advance.

I know it’s not clear.. but hope it’s helpful!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi you can find all the information on Florida dental board website. After a speciality degree from USA. You can not work in Florida . You can work in Florida after AEGD from USA. It is so weird but that what Florida board thinks . After speciality you can work in Texas, Virginia and some other states. In dental schools, yes you can work. Check the job opportunities at lecom , nova and UF. And meet the program director of ortho. May be they will help you.
Do you know if with a year of AEGD it's ok or it has to be with 2?