This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nismile

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All.

There is so many rules for each city for foreign dentist that I'am so confused.

If I want to work in Florida, and I have a dental degree from a foreign country, but I did my residency in orthodontics in the US (no AEGD/GPR). Is there a possibility to work as a orthodontics, even in academia I'm fine with that. Do you guys now where I can find all the information?

Thank you in advance.
 
Hi All.

There is so many rules for each city for foreign dentist that I'am so confused.

If I want to work in Florida, and I have a dental degree from a foreign country, but I did my residency in orthodontics in the US (no AEGD/GPR). Is there a possibility to work as a orthodontics, even in academia I'm fine with that. Do you guys now where I can find all the information?

Thank you in advance.
 
Hi you can find all the information on Florida dental board website. After a speciality degree from USA. You can not work in Florida . You can work in Florida after AEGD from USA. It is so weird but that what Florida board thinks . After speciality you can work in Texas, Virginia and some other states. In dental schools, yes you can work. Check the job opportunities at lecom , nova and UF. And meet the program director of ortho. May be they will help you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
76A94337-5283-4564-AC9F-E4F48E632B5E.jpeg
Hi All.

There is so many rules for each city for foreign dentist that I'am so confused.

If I want to work in Florida, and I have a dental degree from a foreign country, but I did my residency in orthodontics in the US (no AEGD/GPR). Is there a possibility to work as a orthodontics, even in academia I'm fine with that. Do you guys now where I can find all the information?

Thank you in advance.
 
Hi you can find all the information on Florida dental board website. After a speciality degree from USA. You can not work in Florida . You can work in Florida after AEGD from USA. It is so weird but that what Florida board thinks . After speciality you can work in Texas, Virginia and some other states. In dental schools, yes you can work. Check the job opportunities at lecom , nova and UF. And meet the program director of ortho. May be they will help you.
Do you know if with a year of AEGD it's ok or it has to be with 2?