Foreign educated Dental hygienist.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GEE09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im living in the US permanently and have a bachelors degree to work as a dental hygienist from a University in South Africa Im not sure who to contact to verify wether my degree is ADA( American Dental Association) accredited. I have emailed numerous University program directors and have ask them to review my transcripts,and curricula but they tell me that they are not able to verify if its ADA accredited or not I should contact the Board of Dental examiners. I contacted the board of examiners and they told me to get in contact with a Program director or dean of an ADA accredited school.:mad:
I'm at wits end:( not sure who to contact next. If anyone has nay information on what I can do or who I can contact please let me know I would appeciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe that if they do not accept people outside of US and Canada to work as hygienists even if they have a DDS degree, the same would apply to someone with a DH degree from abroad!
I never heard of an advanced standing program for a FTH

But my guess would be ADA/joint commission should be the one giving you the info about licensing, not the universities!

good luck to you!