Foreign medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheSpleen

NYC Marathon Here I come
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently I have been looking into foreign medical schools primarily located in the Caribbean which have affiliations with US hospitals that would allow the students to finish the clinical rotations in US hospitals. My concern is this is a education comparable to the education that you would receive in the united states. Would you receive the same quality of education as you would here in the united states. Has anyone heard of the Medical University of the Americas, do you know what it is like? is it a good school? You can reply to this post or email me at [email protected]
Thanks for all your help
John
:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

TheSpleen,
I had the same thoughts last year. I recieved acceptance from a carribean school, but upon serious thoughts, I decided to try agian this year. I re-took the MCAT and lo and behold, I got a better score and have been accepted in the US. So if you are having doubts, then maybe you need to try again next year. However, my best friend who was also accepted to the same carribean school, decided to go, and he is glad he did.
GOOD LUCK