Foreign Trained Dentist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

busupshot83

S.D.N. Vet
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about the level of difficulty of getting into the U.S.A. after being trained abroad? Is it difficult? Mediocre? Or easy? Please post all input...

Members don't see this ad.

You mean getting licensed to practise dentistry in the USA?
well let's see...considering that most states require supplemental 2 years of education for FTCs and dental schools charge you tuition and expenses as if you were actually going there for 4 years, I'd say it's definetly not easy what do YOU think?!!!

Me? I agree with you, but I was geering more towards the aspect of getting into the advanced 2 year programs, not the money.

busupshot83, consider that there are more spots for D1 than for the advanced 2 years program.

A friend of mine after doing all the research and after having gone to dental school abroad, decided to apply for dental school again in the US. Reason: money and chances of getting a spot. It's easier for her to go to dental school all over again, than to go to an advanced program. at least in her view, I don't neccesarily agree. Of course schools will take her previous dental degree as her undergraduate studies, because she didn't major in anything previously.