Foreign trained osteopaths (DOs) and their Web Sties. Creating confusion?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RBorhani

Emergency Physician
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is something from: http://osteopath.online.fr/rgoindex/situatio.html

"Thus Osteopaths D.O. remain under the constant observation of Medical Doctors and are always proceeding very cautiously and
are ready to be held accountable for each and every action."

And I was directed to this site by the osteopathic WebRing which almost all the osteopathic web pages have in them.

[This message has been edited by RBorhani (edited 04-21-2000).]

Members don't see this ad.

There are tons and tons of these sites out there. I can see why this would create a good amount of confusion for people in the U.S. that use the internet to obtain more information on osteopathic medicine.

Members don't see this ad :)
My personal favorite has always been www.osteoequine.com

Confused patient: "So I thought DO's just treated horses and you are telling me you are a heart surgeon?!"

G.

[This message has been edited by Gregory Gulick (edited 04-21-2000).]

I am sure my canine osteopathic skills will come in handy next year in the ER.
eek.gif

RB

Does anyone have other sites like these to share with us. We should compile a list and send it to AOA.

You seem to be missing something here. There's a big difference b/ween an osteopath and an osteopathic physician.

The US is the only country to have osteo physicians, and in many other places DO does not mean doctor it stands for diploma.

All the sites you refer you are directed to osteopathy. As such, they're fine, and should stay on the osteo web ring.

DOs have unlimited medical licenses in a # of countries, besides the US. However, the DOs must be alums from AOA schools and might have to meet GME requirements specific to that country.

Oh Paul, where have you been? It's been hell without you.

"Paul's Boutique" ? What's behind the name? Are you a closet fashion junkie?