-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Foreign Veterinary Graduates
Started by rocibell
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I was thinking...instead of ecvfg....can I apply as a Veterinary with a degree to a veterinary university so I'll attend only the last practical year and I'll have an american degree?😱
There is any veterinarian from Brazil here?
I want to take the ECFVG and I am looking for people to study with!
Thanks
Hello, Im from Brazil!
lets get in touch🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was finally able to upload some files and videos on my website.
this should be helpfull. I will contuinue to add more files and links.
www.Futurevows.com
Dear dvmjakish
I'm thrilled with your website!
Its amazing!
now I finelly will be able to study with the Florida videos...I wasnt able to watch them on the links....
seriously, you trully are out of this planet, I'm so grateful for everything you have been doing to "shine some light" for us, foreign vets.
God bless you!
Hello DVMjackish, you are truly a "pack leader"! I really appreciate your selfless attitude- making life relatively comfortable for many of us.
Now tell me: it is possible to hold a full time job while one is doing the CPE segment of the ECFVG equivalency?
Now tell me: it is possible to hold a full time job while one is doing the CPE segment of the ECFVG equivalency?
Dear dvmjakish
I'm thrilled with your website!
Its amazing!
now I finelly will be able to study with the Florida videos...I wasnt able to watch them on the links....
seriously, you trully are out of this planet, I'm so grateful for everything you have been doing to "shine some light" for us, foreign vets.
God bless you!
Thank you, Happy to help. just remember when i went through this, I didn't have any help from any one, I did it all by my self. You guys have advantages, please use them and make me proud.
Hello DVMjackish, you are truly a "pack leader"! I really appreciate your selfless attitude- making life relatively comfortable for many of us.
Now tell me: it is possible to hold a full time job while one is doing the CPE segment of the ECFVG equivalency?
Thanks, The website just started, I have been really busy to add more files, I work two jobs and 6 days a week.
Yes you can. I was holding a full time job as vet technician , I worked 4 days a week 10 hours a day and used my other days to do externship in large animal hospital and time to study.
You can do it, you just have to believe it.
hola
Yo tambien estoy buscando lo mismo soy de peru y estoy en florida, espero encontremos algo
saludos
Yo tambien estoy buscando lo mismo soy de peru y estoy en florida, espero encontremos algo
saludos
Hi I am a veterinarian graduated in Peru, now i want to take the national Boards and need to start studing, so if there is somebody that wanto to study in a group please let me know. Or if there any information about it like books, web pages etc..
thanks
thanks
Please send me some info for Bcse, I am really worried to do it and Navel as soon as possibleThanks, The website just started, I have been really busy to add more files, I work two jobs and 6 days a week.
Yes you can. I was holding a full time job as vet technician , I worked 4 days a week 10 hours a day and used my other days to do externship in large animal hospital and time to study.
You can do it, you just have to believe it.
I have just added some fileson the website, in navle page, check ou the dermatology files..
www.futurevows.com
Zaninul:
I have all this info i can tell on my website. Any one else did the BSCE recently can help???
www.futurevows.com
Zaninul:
I have all this info i can tell on my website. Any one else did the BSCE recently can help???
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thank you dvmjakish! you're the man!
Do you know how much is the salary for a veterinary assistant in US?
Do you know how much is the salary for a veterinary assistant in US?

thank you dvmjakish! you're the man!
Do you know how much is the salary for a veterinary assistant in US?![]()
it depend on the area, in big cities it can be 14$ / hour like in my clinic.
in small towns and poor states, it can be 7-8 $ and hour, but the cost of living is cheaper
hi pal ,i want to do Bcse as well, plz also let me know what material should go through
i am a vet working in india do i need a us or canada visa or immigrate there in order to enroll for licensing procedure ther. i have 3 years experience working as a vet in india.cant i clear bcse and navle , toefl while working as a vet in india and then go for cpe in us or canada?
hi pal ,
i am a vet working in india do i need a us or canada visa or immigrate there in order to enroll for licensing procedure ther. i have 3 years experience working as a vet in india.cant i clear bcse and navle , toefl while working as a vet in india and then go for cpe in us or canada?
Hi,
You can do toefl/navle and bcse and cpe while you are working and living outside of the USA.
Navle and bcse are also organized in some locations outside of the USA. Cpe is only organized in the USA so you would need to fly over there. You can just come over on a tourist visa when you do your exams
hi pal i have decided that i will write toefl and bcse in india write navle in australia and then innnigate to canada. i dont have the minimuum 67 points to immigate ther at this point of time.i read cpe is quite tough so may i willl enroll in vtsep prog and then go for cpe in us or canada.
Hi,
You can do toefl/navle and bcse and cpe while you are working and living outside of the USA.
Navle and bcse are also organized in some locations outside of the USA. Cpe is only organized in the USA so you would need to fly over there. You can just come over on a tourist visa when you do your exams
you are truely a great guy, your website is a tremendous help to people like me who doesnt know where to start and how to start so they quit temporary,I have uploaded many files to this website, I can't go through and read everything in them. So hopefully you find some good files.
Also there are lots of videos for CPE
www.futurevows.com
i wish u the best
thanks
I have uploaded many files to this website, I can't go through and read everything in them. So hopefully you find some good files.
Also there are lots of videos for CPE
www.futurevows.com
Dear dvmjakish,
I saw your posts in the SDN and seriously thinking my vet carrer in US. Would you like to help me to clear some of my questions? Thank you!
1. After I take the TOEFL and submit the score to ECFVG, do I have to pass the Steps 3 and 4 in two years? If I donot pass them in two years, do I have to take and submit the TOEFL to ECFVG again after it expires?
2. After I pass the ECFVG and get the liscenece, do I have to have a green card or citizenship to get a veterinarian position in US? What is the current situation for someone without a green card or citizenship get a veterinary job?
3. Are you busy with your veterinary job? How many paid vacations you have each year?
I appreciate your help in advance!
hi dvmjakish,
u are the soul of this forum.
went thruugh website www.futurevows.com read the questions really felt daunted. is it possible for build for foreign vet to build a s trong foundation by reading the books quoted by you and others on this website?
u are the soul of this forum.
went thruugh website www.futurevows.com read the questions really felt daunted. is it possible for build for foreign vet to build a s trong foundation by reading the books quoted by you and others on this website?
hi dvmjakish,
u are the soul of this forum.👎
went thruugh website www.futurevows.com read the questions really felt daunted. is it possible for build for foreign vet to build a s trong foundation by reading the books quoted by you and others on this website?
u are the soul of this forum.👎
went thruugh website www.futurevows.com read the questions really felt daunted. is it possible for build for foreign vet to build a s trong foundation by reading the books quoted by you and others on this website?
so ive been reading alot about this re-entry permit that i can apply for before i leave the US. its basically a permit for me to leave for a period of 1-2 years then i would have to come back to the US so my green card/visa wont be jeopardize. so i was thinking, obtain the re-entry permit, study abroad, fly back to the US every summer vacation and just apply again for a re-entry permit and do this for the next 4 years until i graduate...is it really that easy? i really would love to hear from someone whove done this. i know the immigration has the last say if i fly back to the US or not, but what are the chances of me getting denied back to the US if i apply and follow these procedures correctly, i mean, what are the grounds for denying me back? i know staying over the aloted time, but what else??
Hi
I did apply for Re-entry Permit Twice during my vet school, i stayed 2 years outside USA every time my Reason on the application was that i go to school overseas, had no problem re-entering just make sure you don't stay over 2 years, also it takes longer time over 1 year to obtain one so plan a head
Here What I think you should do.
Wait for citizenship.
Go to your home country and get vet degree.
Come back to US and go through ECFVG.
This way you become a vet here with no debts.
Hi again,
OK so since you are a resident you should already have a green card!!!
Well you already stayed over 2.5 years in USA so all you need is to not stay over 6 months outside USA and it will still count toward citizenship.... so don't go with the re-entry permit just go to school there if u want then come back for few weeks once every 6 monthes.. any stay over 6 monthes will cancel all the time u have toward citizenship...
Hi,
I am vet.graduate from india.i have passed my BCSE.now i want to prepare for NAVLE.somebody says VCRC notes are very useful.if anybody have these notes i want to buy them.if anybody have please mail me at [email protected]
thanks
inder
I am vet.graduate from india.i have passed my BCSE.now i want to prepare for NAVLE.somebody says VCRC notes are very useful.if anybody have these notes i want to buy them.if anybody have please mail me at [email protected]
thanks
inder
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear dvmjakish,
I saw your posts in the SDN and seriously thinking my vet carrer in US. Would you like to help me to clear some of my questions? Thank you!
1. After I take the TOEFL and submit the score to ECFVG, do I have to pass the Steps 3 and 4 in two years? If I donot pass them in two years, do I have to take and submit the TOEFL to ECFVG again after it expires?
As far as I know, No you don't need to. Once you pass a step then you are good to go for the next one. there is no looking back.
2. After I pass the ECFVG and get the liscenece, do I have to have a green card or citizenship to get a veterinarian position in US? What is the current situation for someone without a green card or citizenship get a veterinary job?
No, You just need a work visa. Or you can apply for internship, there is a link on my website for the intership program.
3. Are you busy with your veterinary job? How many paid vacations you have each year?
I have two different jobs and I work 6 days a week, because I choose to. So there is business for vets. In the U.S vacations and paid vacations are much less than anywhere in the world. Generally you get 2 weeks paid vacation per year; this may increase to 3 or 4 weeks after working for the same place. You can negotiate this with the employer. Also you get once sick day per month "paid" and holidays...
hi dvmjakish,
u are the soul of this forum.👎
went thruugh website www.futurevows.com read the questions really felt daunted. is it possible for build for foreign vet to build a s trong foundation by reading the books quoted by you and others on this website?
All what you need is WILL, do you have will? Trust me my friend, there was a point in my life where I thought being where I am right now is so unreal, I didn't even allow my imagination to get that far. ,
So it does sound difficult, and impossible. But I did it. Step by step, I tested the water, I didn't rush myself, I didn't think of step 4 while doing step 1. Don't overwhelm yourself. Do one thing at a time and you will be fine.
So YES. it is Poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooossible
Hi dvmjakish,
Thanks for the wonderful videos. I am also interested to know your point in recommeding to do the NAVLE before the CPE. I would highly appreciate the advise.
Thanks
Labvet70
OK, its not a big deal to do one before the other.
The plan is that NAVLE requires a lot of bulk information, knowledge about many diseases all at once. So it requires more study, CPE requires a lot of hands on stuff, you actually go to clinics and learn from vets.
So if you do the NAVLE first you go to the clinics and tell the vet that you have passed the board, trust me, they look at you differently if know that. It gives you more chances to get externship when clinics know that you have passed the board.
So you should plan the CPE to happen no longer than 3 months from the NAVLE if you can, this way most of the information is still fresh in your head and will help you while doing the training for CPE and for the CPE test. It allows you to concentrate more on the hands on.
You can do the CPE first of course, but from my personal experience it works better if you do the NAVLE first.
I live in NJ/NYC and prepare for the QE in Jan 21.
I wanna know if there is anybody else also prepare for this one.
my email: [email protected]
I wanna know if there is anybody else also prepare for this one.
my email: [email protected]
hi my name is saeed from iran. i,m preparing for bcse . please let me know what i should for it cos all texts reading is very hard, i need some summeriesI have uploaded many files to this website, I can't go through and read everything in them. So hopefully you find some good files.
Also there are lots of videos for CPE
www.futurevows.com
hi my name is saeed from iran. i,m preparing for bcse . please let me know what i should for it cos all texts reading is very hard, i need some summeries
this book consider summery. buy it from Amazon..
Mosbys comprehensive review for vet technicians
Hi,
I am taking the BCSE in March, just wondered if anyone has tried the practice test material on Zukureview.com specifically for the BCSE, they have only been doing it since April, 09 so wanted to know if anyone has done it & did you find it helpful.
Thank-you
I am taking the BCSE in March, just wondered if anyone has tried the practice test material on Zukureview.com specifically for the BCSE, they have only been doing it since April, 09 so wanted to know if anyone has done it & did you find it helpful.
Thank-you
Hi,
I am taking the BCSE in March, just wondered if anyone has tried the practice test material on Zukureview.com specifically for the BCSE, they have only been doing it since April, 09 so wanted to know if anyone has done it & did you find it helpful.
Thank-you
Hi
I subscribed to Zukureview for BCSE it was OK similar quality of BCSE exam materials , the best thing about it is that not only they give you the answer for incorrect choice you make they also explain why the answer was wrong and add notes for each choice explaining when each choice should be choosed(in which other Question). also they have reviews for major Diseases in each species along with other helpful notes, so you are practicing questions and studying at the same time, it is worth the money.... Good Luck
N.B
- Lameness diagnosis,cranial nerves,spinal cord injury from merick is helpful
http://www.virmp.org/Program/Search
Paid Internships, look for school positions. Some schools let us get an academic license.
Could anybody recommend a good book with pathology images?
Paid Internships, look for school positions. Some schools let us get an academic license.
Could anybody recommend a good book with pathology images?
looking for national veterinary boards or NAVLE result here is the link http://173.8.243.49/fmi/iwp/cgi?-db=NAVLEScorePortal&-loadframes
it looks like this

click for image
it looks like this

click for image
Hi,
I'm a vet from Peru living in Rochester, MN. Two questions:
1. Is somebody around here trying to take the exams too? I'm taking the BSC in April.
2. Would you please let me know if you are selling a VCRC course? I'm interested.
Thank you to all the people that have been posting here. You are really helpful! 🙂
Nic.
I'm a vet from Peru living in Rochester, MN. Two questions:
1. Is somebody around here trying to take the exams too? I'm taking the BSC in April.
2. Would you please let me know if you are selling a VCRC course? I'm interested.
Thank you to all the people that have been posting here. You are really helpful! 🙂
Nic.
hi zainulHi All, I m new vet in usa, I would be taking BCSE, please help me by ltting me what to start and how much need to do to pass it, Please please do send some post with BCSE material and all i need to hit this wall hard.
Thanks, and good luck to allllllll
it is normal to b undecided, there is really no guideline how to start and where to start. i was lost as well and because of this i lost a good few months jumping from one book to the other one. what i finally did, i took the NVMS small animal internal medicine, large animal internal medicine, small animal surgery, pharmacology and anatomy of domestic animals by pasquini ( one of the best study books i met so far). and i passed. it takes studying and studying and some faith as well. and dont try to ask urself if u r ready for the exam, u wont get an answer. set up a plan and a study schedule, stick with it, have the exam planned and go for it. anyways, what do you have to loose? $75 and a few months? big deal at least u know what is the exam about it.
good luck
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear dvmjakish,
Thanks for your help. Now I am very concerned about how to keep legal status in the US as an alien while pursing my goal as a vet. I am now holding a job in a university. If I choose to work as a vet in a clinic years later, I have to apply for a H1b visa. As far as I know, USCIS starts to receive H1b visa on April 1st every year and the approved H1b visa become effective on October 1st every year. I am not sure if the hiring clinic is willing to file a H1b visa application for me, cause they will spend extra money to cover the visa application filing fee. Do you think they are willing to wait for more than half year for me to start the work on Oct. 1st ?
If I got a job in a vet clinic and want to apply for the green card, what is the possibility the clinic would like to sponsor my green card application and which category of green card application I will fall into (is it EB1)?
Thanks in advance for your assistance
Thanks for your help. Now I am very concerned about how to keep legal status in the US as an alien while pursing my goal as a vet. I am now holding a job in a university. If I choose to work as a vet in a clinic years later, I have to apply for a H1b visa. As far as I know, USCIS starts to receive H1b visa on April 1st every year and the approved H1b visa become effective on October 1st every year. I am not sure if the hiring clinic is willing to file a H1b visa application for me, cause they will spend extra money to cover the visa application filing fee. Do you think they are willing to wait for more than half year for me to start the work on Oct. 1st ?
If I got a job in a vet clinic and want to apply for the green card, what is the possibility the clinic would like to sponsor my green card application and which category of green card application I will fall into (is it EB1)?
Thanks in advance for your assistance
Dear dvmjakish,
I saw your posts in the SDN and seriously thinking my vet carrer in US. Would you like to help me to clear some of my questions? Thank you!
1. After I take the TOEFL and submit the score to ECFVG, do I have to pass the Steps 3 and 4 in two years? If I donot pass them in two years, do I have to take and submit the TOEFL to ECFVG again after it expires?
As far as I know, No you don't need to. Once you pass a step then you are good to go for the next one. there is no looking back.
2. After I pass the ECFVG and get the liscenece, do I have to have a green card or citizenship to get a veterinarian position in US? What is the current situation for someone without a green card or citizenship get a veterinary job?
No, You just need a work visa. Or you can apply for internship, there is a link on my website for the intership program.
3. Are you busy with your veterinary job? How many paid vacations you have each year?
I have two different jobs and I work 6 days a week, because I choose to. So there is business for vets. In the U.S vacations and paid vacations are much less than anywhere in the world. Generally you get 2 weeks paid vacation per year; this may increase to 3 or 4 weeks after working for the same place. You can negotiate this with the employer. Also you get once sick day per month "paid" and holidays...
Hi, I have VCRC for sale. Please give me your e-mail address
Hi,
I'm a vet from Peru living in Rochester, MN. Two questions:
please give me your e-mail address, I have vcrc for sale.
1. Is somebody around here trying to take the exams too? I'm taking the BSC in April.
2. Would you please let me know if you are selling a VCRC course? I'm interested.
Thank you to all the people that have been posting here. You are really helpful! 🙂
Nic.
Dear dvmjakish,
Thanks for your help. Now I am very concerned about how to keep legal status in the US as an alien while pursing my goal as a vet. I am now holding a job in a university. If I choose to work as a vet in a clinic years later, I have to apply for a H1b visa. As far as I know, USCIS starts to receive H1b visa on April 1st every year and the approved H1b visa become effective on October 1st every year. I am not sure if the hiring clinic is willing to file a H1b visa application for me, cause they will spend extra money to cover the visa application filing fee. Do you think they are willing to wait for more than half year for me to start the work on Oct. 1st ?
If I got a job in a vet clinic and want to apply for the green card, what is the possibility the clinic would like to sponsor my green card application and which category of green card application I will fall into (is it EB1)?
Thanks in advance for your assistance
Hi,
Some one would, you just have to try. When first tried to come to the U.S It took almost a year and I paid half of the fees while my emlpyer paid the other half. Lets say I was very lucky, but it is not impossible thing to do.
have you resumee ready and send it every where you can find. if you can come to visit or do internship, this is a better way and easier to do.. most people get hired because they are known to the employer..
You have to look for the right place, try non profit organizations, places where they would go for a forigner or new grad because they pay less. once you are here, you can move on ..
The green card can be obtain via empoyment, I think you should how the employer that you are very good at what you do and you are willing to stay with them for long time, this doesn't cost much, to do... after 5 years you can apply for citizenship via employment green card.
whatever you do, make sure you always have a legal status. and do illigal things, I have been in U.S for 9 years now and have never been stopped for a trafic violation. This will pay off when you appy for citizenship..