Foreign Veterinary Graduates

Started by rocibell
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
we ant to start a little study group I am in orange county if you want text me or call me 562-305-6388


Are u guys in orange county? 'cause I am in San Diego and studying for the BCSE, we can create a study group, that would be great.
 
i have been looking for somebody to study with me for the longest time , i live in Glendora (close to LA)i m enrolled in april31st Bcse.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Folks,

I am taking the CPE in June (Vegas). I wonder if I can find someone here who is going to take it as well, or has already taken the CPE. Let me know.
Thanks👍
K9VET
 
to DVMJakish

Hi, I am also studying for the CPE exam and I was reading through the forum and I saw that you were able to answer the following question-
Discuss how to differentiate between rumen gas cap, LDA ping and Pneumoperitoneum, Pneumorectum or pneumocolon

I know how to differentiate between rumen gas cap and LDA but not the others ones?

Can you please help?
Thank you.
 
Hello DVMJakish,

I also have the same question to answer as I am also studying for the CPE exam. I do not know how to differentiate between pings?
Discuss how to differentiate between rumen gas cap, LDA ping and Pneumoperitoneum, Pneumorectum or pneumocolon?

Thank you
 
to DVMJakish

Hi, I am also studying for the CPE exam and I was reading through the forum and I saw that you were able to answer the following question-
Discuss how to differentiate between rumen gas cap, LDA ping and Pneumoperitoneum, Pneumorectum or pneumocolon

I know how to differentiate between rumen gas cap and LDA but not the others ones?

Can you please help?
Thank you.

Me too here ,If you can send me the file too i will be thankful DVMJakish
Email [email protected]
thanks again your help is appreciated 👍 👍 👍
 
Hi, I just joined and I would like to know if there is any study group in orlando area? thanks
 
Last edited:
Hi
i'm from Los angeles too
from Egypt
my test is in December
lets help eachother
my # is 818.294.4440
call me and we can discuss everything

hi mike how do u do? can u advice to how to get a clinical residency in us vet collage & how can i arrange myself
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
to DVMJakish

Hi, I am also studying for the CPE exam and I was reading through the forum and I saw that you were able to answer the following question-
Discuss how to differentiate between rumen gas cap, LDA ping and Pneumoperitoneum, Pneumorectum or pneumocolon

I know how to differentiate between rumen gas cap and LDA but not the others ones?

Can you please help?
Thank you.

if you guys only read the files I posted on my website... I did this website for you... here is one of the doc that talka bout this matter:

http://www.futurevows.com/doc/LargeAnimals/$$$ Bovine phsical exam 2.doc
 
Hey Farzin, I wish my notes will help you!!

And hpoo, I have some good free material for ielts if you want................


hi doc !

congrats 🙂

i am dreaming the similar for my bro ..he is a vet . is into his internship here in india , and am pretty excited about it 🙂

am a denta surgeon and moving to usa in two months.obviously , i dnt wish to stay away from the family , so want my brother to move there along with me...

its a great thing u r helping people with ur notes....if u happen to see my post , can u do me the favour of sending those scanned copies of ur notes?
it'll be a great help !

kindly send them at
[email protected]


i'll wait fr ur reply


goodluck with life ! 🙂
 
I was enrolling to the ecfvg but i discovered that:

Certified, notarized, or official (issued directly by school) photocopies of the applicant's veterinary college diploma and transcripts (for each year), both in the language of issuance and as a certified English translation if necessary. Provisional Certificates and Certificates of Graduation are unacceptable for ECFVG program purposes.

In our beautiful land that is Italy the veterinary college diploma is given after 1year from the graduation so i dont have it....how can i do now?😡
P.S.: what are "transcripts"?

pls help me!😱
 
hello DVM jackish & other FGV veterinarians in this group .i have few questions in my mind.


1.how can a foreign graduate veterinarian get into /apply for 2/3 year speciality/residency programme?

2. what are the admission requirement for getting into 3 year residency after getting US license ?

3. Is it easy/possible to get into residency/specialist programme for Foreign Trained Vets ? is it hard to get into that for foreign graduate vets ?

please help me.thanks.
 
I was enrolling to the ecfvg but i discovered that:

Certified, notarized, or official (issued directly by school) photocopies of the applicant's veterinary college diploma and transcripts (for each year), both in the language of issuance and as a certified English translation if necessary. Provisional Certificates and Certificates of Graduation are unacceptable for ECFVG program purposes.

In our beautiful land that is Italy the veterinary college diploma is given after 1year from the graduation so i dont have it....how can i do now?😡
P.S.: what are "transcripts"?

pls help me!😱

a transcript is basically your grades/subjects for every year at your school.
as for a diploma just send that transcripts and certificate of graduation with the registration application and fee then they will consider the diploma missing but you will be able to do step 1 through 3 but not step 4 CPE till you get a translated copy of your diploma, it will take you a while till you finish step 1-3 and register for cpe and get assigned for a test location by then you should have had your Diploma already.😀
 
hello,

how can i get/prepare for TOEFL iBT in order to get sufficient score for ECFVG registration ?

Iam Assuming you haven't read through all of the previous replies of that Lengthy informative thread!!!

Any who:
For Toefl: take the test in India and you will know how it is try Ielts first not hard . practice online just do some search for some materials or so, if you can speak English /read/write won't be hard.

For residency, you can get into an internship for very very long hours of work and minimum payment for one year and you gain experience, But Residency is very very competitive and its to get specialized , you can just work right away in general practice you don't need either of them( intern or residency) to be able to practice.

Last about how much you make owning your own practice it depends where you open it and how much competition around, i wouldn't worry about it now it is not an easy task to own a practice
Go ahead and read all of this thread you will find all of your answers and more
 
Iam Assuming you haven't read through all of the previous replies of that Lengthy informative thread!!!

Any who:
For Toefl: take the test in India and you will know how it is try Ielts first not hard . practice online just do some search for some materials or so, if you can speak English /read/write won't be hard.

For residency, you can get into an internship for very very long hours of work and minimum payment for one year and you gain experience, But Residency is very very competitive and its to get specialized , you can just work right away in general practice you don't need either of them( intern or residency) to be able to practice.

Last about how much you make owning your own practice it depends where you open it and how much competition around, i wouldn't worry about it now it is not an easy task to own a practice
Go ahead and read all of this thread you will find all of your answers and more

thanks dr. ..i 'm going through all the threads in this FVG forum.
 
Thanks King305 u were very kind👍😎

Ah...for the residency and internship argument i would like to say something. I dont know how it really works in US but i think that it's not impossible to get in, cause u have so many choice mostly in private clinics. You are not paid so much 4years (1y internship+ 3 residency)but after u are specialized and maybe u can gain more money than a "simple" veterinarian.
 
Thanks King305 u were very kind👍😎

Ah...for the residency and internship argument i would like to say something. I dont know how it really works in US but i think that it's not impossible to get in, cause u have so many choice mostly in private clinics. You are not paid so much 4years (1y internship+ 3 residency)but after u are specialized and maybe u can gain more money than a "simple" veterinarian.

..

@westnile and other FG veterinarians--

currently i 'm working with ECFVG certification.

You mean that it is not impossible. i have heard from someone that we need to apply for 1 year internship first, after attending that we can apply for 2/3 year residency programme. Some one told me that 2/3 years clinical experience and research paper/publish is also a requirement for applying/admission into residency prog.thanks guys.
 
Adressed to DVMJAKISH
I dont know where are you from ,neither I know where do you live , but let me tell you are the saviour of all the foreign educated veterinarians and the resources,which you managed to collect and present to us are just superb ! You are really godfather man . I am from India , graduate of mumbai vet. college , graduated in the year 1992 . eighteen years I was into different businesses 😀 , came back to my field , but I have grown ambitions now and wanna get through ECfvg , which I will , with your best wishes . thanks a lot for making such an altruistic efforts . We look forword to you for a guidance , thanx millions!!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any one in the Sunshine state (South Florida to be specific) getting ready to take the CPE? I would like to get together. What is the waiting time nowadays for the CPE? that is my next step. I am trying to scrape the$5oo together to at least be able to see the application. Then I could see what the waiting time is for my self. I saw some classes or course from VCRC to help you prepare for it. Is there anything else out there. Any recommendations in how to prep for this?. Any website to visit?
I will appreciate any help. Thanks JoeLO
 
..

@westnile and other FG veterinarians--

currently i 'm working with ECFVG certification.

You mean that it is not impossible. i have heard from someone that we need to apply for 1 year internship first, after attending that we can apply for 2/3 year residency programme. Some one told me that 2/3 years clinical experience and research paper/publish is also a requirement for applying/admission into residency prog.thanks guys.

Hi:
Would tell me more about ECFVG and Pave programs. I am debating which one I should apply.thank you very much.
 
we ant to start a little study group I am in orange county if you want text me or call me 562-305-6388


HI:
I would like to study in group. I live in Florida. Would you tell me more about ECFVG and Pave. I am debating to apply to pave or ECFVG this week. thank you very much. you can call me at 904-377-4562. If I don't answer the phone, I will call you back. Just leave me a message. I 'll talk to you later.
 
Hi
I am a foreign graduate. Would you tell which program is difficult. I really want to apply as soon as possible. Thank you very much.
 
Hi
I am a foreign graduate. Would you tell which program is difficult. I really want to apply as soon as possible. Thank you very much.[/QUOTE

You're better of enrolling for ECFVG. It will give you more options as PAVE is not recognized in every state.
 
K9Vet-I just watched that video, that was hilarious! PLEASE don't tell me you believe that he was born on krypton...

:laugh:
 
Salam Alaikum:
I am preparing for BCSE too. I would like to find a study partner.My phone is 904-377-4562. Good luck with your test.

hi.YOGA08 how r u whats ur studying material whats about 5minites consult for feline & canine i think that if u prepare urself for navele this will cover bcse test
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I am vet.graduate from india.i have passed my BCSE.now i want to prepare for NAVLE.somebody says VCRC notes are very useful.if anybody have these notes i want to buy them.if anybody have please mail me at [email protected]

thanks
inder

Hi,I am planning to apply for the BCSE but still confuse about the references I should buy to study for the test ,would you please list the titles of the books which you depends on in your studying for the BCSE
Thank you
 
you can still get enrolled with ECFVG woth temp licence, but you cannot proceed with cpe until you have your final diploma. I had same situation because i am graduated from Spain
 
Dear Collegues :
What a pleasure to find such an amazing forum i will recommend it to all my collegues , can anyone please advice me of the nature of the qustions in the exam in dubai , to be presise i have a job at a small animal practice in dubai , and i must undertake this exam ..i couldnt find any sampels of the qustions might come , please if anyone took the exam or aware about the nature of the exam to advice me kind regrdas🙂