Foreign Veterinary Graduates

Started by rocibell
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hello there, iam avet graduated from the university of baghdad, i appeared for the navle in canada, where they dont ask for the basic scienses exam , but i failed . they will run the new rolles after the next nov- dec 2007 window , so if i didnt pass the next navle i have to do the basic science exam and then the navle as in us, more frustrating:meanie: that i dont want( ihad enough😡), iam using now the merck, some other referenses from the libraries, and the web http://zukureview.com , vets who passed the navle pleases give some advices in my last prepration for the navle:luck:
thank you
Hello,
did u pass the NEB ?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dear vetsfrom all over theearth
is ecfvg easier then pave?
what are the resource material available for qe of pave
is it possible to get a work visa for canada?
i am indian vet graduated from an indian vet school heard a veterinarian job is not on the list of occupations in demand in canada?
should i apply for a study visa for canada perhaps vet technician course?
 
i am indian vet graduated from an indian vet school heard a veterinarian job is not on the list of occupations in demand in canada?

It's true for these years. But, be sure about that vet. medicine is always on high demand in Canada.
If you get the license, you DO find a job.
 
salam 3allakom ;,

is there any one from egypt regesiter in ecfvg ;program ;;;;;;;;can i get bcse &navle from egypt
 
It's only complicated when you think about it too much. Ok so surgery, you don't need to study you only need to know how to do it without killing the animal. You need to make sure you take the whole ovaries and uterus body. leaving this parts will get you to fail. also getting the dog to bleed to death is a failure. so why don't you go somewhere where they do this surgeries and see how it is done in best way..

Anesthesia: you have to get a book about anesthesia and read it. you will be doing anesthesia on a dog so you have to exam the dog and see what diseases it has and what does it disorders or diseases effect the anesthesia process. so if your dog has heart disease you need to select drugs that cause minimal cardiovascular depression. if your dog has respiratory disease try to pre-oxygenate before induction. you need to know what are you doing. so when they ask you why did you choice this drug or why did you give this much fluid .... you would know what to say. oh and you need to know how to operate the anesthesia machine ... dahhhh

radiology: you have to take rads. so you need to learn about positioning and safety.. etc.. there is files on my website about that.

small and large animals: this is the hard part, you study for this just like you did for the NAVLE, you need to be familiar with all diseases because the animals you will see usually are sick and you need to find out what illness they have. so you will have to be a vet as simple as that. this exam is for you to know if you will be able to make it in the real world. Study as much as you can and practice the things you will be doing hands on. focus more on the most common diseases.

hope this help.

Dear Jakish,
About your website,I would like to download stuff to study from there.The files in the lower boxes do not open,not sure why.The other thing is,in the AVMA website,there is a warning news alert about sharing study matierial for these exams is irregular behaviour and not an allowed sort of thing.Are we safe to use your website?And download stuff from it?It is great that you have it there for us,thankyou,just want to know if the AVMA is ok with it.
HELP NEEDED.....I am psychologically overwhelmed with how much matierial I need to get through for these exams.I have not sat for BCSE yet.There is so much to get through,Merck for starters and just looking at it gets me tired,it has so much info,I have no motivation,it is scary and everything I have just read I forget.How did people who did it,like yourself get through this?How do I get the motivation,the focus and get rid of the fear?I sure do need help with that.Please help!!!!!I am sort of in a panic.Sorry for being such a baby in my 30's.😕
 
Dear Jakish,
About your website,I would like to download stuff to study from there.The files in the lower boxes do not open,not sure why.The other thing is,in the AVMA website,there is a warning news alert about sharing study matierial for these exams is irregular behaviour and not an allowed sort of thing.Are we safe to use your website?And download stuff from it?It is great that you have it there for us,thankyou,just want to know if the AVMA is ok with it.
HELP NEEDED.....I am psychologically overwhelmed with how much matierial I need to get through for these exams.I have not sat for BCSE yet.There is so much to get through,Merck for starters and just looking at it gets me tired,it has so much info,I have no motivation,it is scary and everything I have just read I forget.How did people who did it,like yourself get through this?How do I get the motivation,the focus and get rid of the fear?I sure do need help with that.Please help!!!!!I am sort of in a panic.Sorry for being such a baby in my 30's.😕

sharing files about general information like what I have on my website is ok. You are not suppose to share question you got with others. what I have on the website is just general information about different topics. none that mention anything about the exam questions.
i will fix the broken links when i got some free time.
don't study the whole merck, just use it to read the most common diseases. you are missing one thing a "will" you have to believe that you can do it... focus on one exam at a time.
 
What is your opinion about Las Vegas center for CPE?
Heard horrible stories from people who took CPE there.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi dvmjakish,

I am getting ready to take the CPE but I'm not sure what date yet.
Will you please send me your website to help me study?
Also, what do you think about that new book Navle secrets?
Thank you.

Roxy


any book you find on Amazon.com is good, get 150-300 pages, don't get the huge books.
my website has links to video about the necropsy, also there is videos on the web on how to do the other testes. (these are way too easy) .

yes, FOR CPE, study for it as you did for the NAVLE, and try to do hand work , see what you need to do in the manual and ask large an small animal vets to demonstrate for you how to do them.

CPE is just a big fuss, it is way easier than you think. Just be ready for what they want you to do and you will pass.
 
Is anyone will do the CPE exam in Las Vegas in October 18th.
I am looking for someone the share the hotel expenses.

Thanks
 
hello to everyone ,
i have read all the 24 pages of this forum but still i have a few questions.
is PAVE admissible in canada?
i have graduated from an indian vet school and presently have a job in india.
is it not possible to reside in ur home country and from there do these bcse and navle exams since it is the threotical part and then immigrate to usa or canada?
is the standard of veterinary practice in usa or canada is equivalent to that of commnwealth contrires , say newzealand.
since i have studied in english do i need to give toefl \ielts?
is it possible to enrol for ecfvg or pave online?
in an earlier post dvmjakish said bout diagnosis of large animals for cpe?what are the diagnostic aids available?
 
dvmjakish,
do you remember any website with good pictures on Equine nerve blocks?
I tried in you website but didn't find it. I thought there was one in dvm360 but I could not find it.
Let me know if you know of one.
Thank you!!




sharing files about general information like what I have on my website is ok. You are not suppose to share question you got with others. what I have on the website is just general information about different topics. none that mention anything about the exam questions.
i will fix the broken links when i got some free time.
don't study the whole merck, just use it to read the most common diseases. you are missing one thing a "will" you have to believe that you can do it... focus on one exam at a time.
 
hello to everyone ,
i have read all the 24 pages of this forum but still i have a few questions.

is PAVE admissible in canada? (NOT SURE , you can e-mail them and ask them)

i have graduated from an indian vet school and presently have a job in india.
is it not possible to reside in ur home country and from there do these bcse and navle exams since it is the threotical part and then immigrate to usa or canada? What county are you talking about??

is the standard of veterinary practice in usa or canada is equivalent to that of commnwealth contrires , say newzealand. YES IT IS
since i have studied in english do i need to give toefl \ielts? you have to prove you studied the high school in english as well, otherwise no.

is it possible to enrol for ecfvg or pave online? NO for ECFVG, they need certified copies of your degrees and transcript.. so MAIL is the way.I'm sure the same for PAVE


in an earlier post dvmjakish said bout diagnosis of large animals for cpe?what are the diagnostic aids available?
Can you be more clear when you ask questions, what is "bout"????
😕😕😕😕😕😕
 
I got here in USA 20 days ago. I graduated from university 3 years ago in Korea and I have worked as a small animal practioner for 3 years in Seoul, Korea. I have been thinking about enrolling PAVE program for foreign vets.
CPE is easier than 1 year rotation in vet university in US?
What about you guys? Can you tell me your opinion or share your experience, please?

[email protected]

Please, send me email.
 
i am from anaheim, i am currenly in kansas taking the program for review the 3 year of veterinary school, coming back to california in 4 months. i will be interested to be in the study group no matter what happens [email protected] 562-305-6388
 
Would you have a contact number?
i am from anaheim, i am currenly in kansas taking the program for review the 3 year of veterinary school, coming back to california in 4 months. i will be interested to be in the study group no matter what happens [email protected] 562-305-6388
user_online.gif
progress.gif
 
Can you be more clear when you ask questions, what is "bout"????
😕😕😕😕😕😕
hi thanks a lot , dvmjakish ,for replying to my post , you are an inspiration to all of us.
what i meant about "home country" was india . i am a native of this country.
"bout" meant i have seen the cpe common diagnosis pdf on avma websitelist of diseseses is so long . theoreotically we might have read about them but practically we have not gone through them. for instance idiopathic vestibular syndrome in cats,,sinusitis or pititituary adenoma in horses,or enterotoxaemia in goats.most of the time symptomatiic treatment is rendered.there are very few dignostic aids available.
for instance , ultrasonography in cows is not avaailable in our country
yes , i haave studied high school in english medium, so perhaps i dont need to give ielts\toefl
plz you can explain certified copies of my degree . i have studied in english medium so perhaps i dont need a transcript.may certified means legally notatarized photocopy of my degree.
THANK YOU, SIR
 
Hi, Friend,
Could you tell how you got the Vet tech/assistant position in Uhta? I got my vet degree from China but not working in vet clinics. I have worked in biomedical science for 10 years in US and want to become a vet in US. Do I need to attend a training program for the tech/assistant position?

Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,
I have already passed the BCSE and preparing for the NAVLE. I am looking for study partner(s) in MA

Thanks
Labvet70🙂
 
Hi All,
I have already passed the BCSE and preparing for the NAVLE. I am looking for study partner(s) in MA

Thanks
Labvet70🙂
hello labvet70
i'm very happy for you
i wish you will pass NAVLE too
i'm egyptian too,i'm preparing for BCSE what's your advice to me
i dont know what is more better to study from "Mosbey revew for vet. technician" or vcrc
i want to know if you still have books for BCSE,and you want to sell i want to buy
contact me please as soon as possible
 
I have just added some fileson the website, in navle page, check ou the dermatology files..
www.futurevows.com
Zaninul:
I have all this info i can tell on my website. Any one else did the BSCE recently can help???
hello dvmjakish
i want to thank you for your effort in this forum
you r really helpful to every one
you r a wonderful person👍
so go on
i'm preparing for BCSE i need your advice what is more better vcrc or mosby for veterinary technician
 
hello dvmjakish
i want to thank you for your effort in this forum
you r really helpful to every one
you r a wonderful person👍
so go on
i'm preparing for BCSE i need your advice what is more better vcrc or mosby for veterinary technician

Sorry I can help you on this one, I never seen VCRC. So I won't be able to tell you. When I did the BCSE, I only read the Mosby, it was good enough for me. Maybe some one else read both can help you.
 
Hi there I work as a Vet Tech in Utah. Since I was waiting for my work permits I volunteer in a Vet Clinic for 3 months, That help me a lot to chatch up. Then I got got the job as a Vet Tech. Utah don't requiere to be a certified Tech to work in a Vet Clinic, you only need hands on experience. I work at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Southern Utah, we don't usually have volunteers at the clinic, but since you are a vet they may let you. Since I am moving to a different deparment my position may become open in the near future.
Hope this helped.
Aldo

Hi, Friend,
Could you tell how you got the Vet tech/assistant position in Uhta? I got my vet degree from China but not working in vet clinics. I have worked in biomedical science for 10 years in US and want to become a vet in US. Do I need to attend a training program for the tech/assistant position?

Thanks
 
Hi all!

I' m a small animal practitioner. I got my DVM degree 3 years ago, still attending to a MSc program in Neuroscience in Turkey.

I wonder if we have any opportunities in different fields (for example; neuroscience, pharmacology or laboratory sciences except clinical practise) without license or NAVLE?

Do a PhD in your area of interest.
 
Hey everyone! Passed the English test - Ready to apply. PAVE's application window for Jan 2011 is from Sept 27 to Oct 29, 2010. I want to apply to ECFVG, but cannot find application dates or application windows on the website. Does it mean that I can send my application form anytime I want? Thank you 🙂:luck:

progress.gif
 
Hey, everyone. I'm from Russia. Here the main question : How did u , guys, got your diploma transcripts from your university? I've not register yet. Did you?
you get your diploma from yopur school, then you take it to a place here in usa to get them translate, you certificate then you send them to ECFG
 
you get your diploma from yopur school, then you take it to a place here in usa to get them translate, you certificate then you send them to ECFG
I thought, that ECVFG will ask a translation of diploma send directly from my university. I got translation here and notarized it. Hope ECFVG will satisfied with it 😎 Thank you for the quick answer 👍:luck:
 
Hi All,
I have already passed the BCSE and preparing for the NAVLE. I am looking for study partner(s) in MA

Thanks
Labvet70🙂
Congradulation and good luck with Navle. Would you give some advice and the prep. material that you used to prepare for BCSE. Thank you.
 
hello labvet70,
whereeeeeeeee r u ?😕
you have many messages asking 4 you.
let us know about your studying materials in BCSE.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Shoho 2010
Sorry for being late to repond to your message , I have been very busy lately. For BCSE I would recommend the florida lectures , and also there is a lot of good study materials on the future vows website as well. prepare for it the same as NAVLE.
I wish you the best , which state are you in?
Thanks
labvet 70
 
Hi Shoho 2010
Sorry for being late to repond to your message , I have been very busy lately. For BCSE I would recommend the florida lectures , and also there is a lot of good study materials on the future vows website as well. prepare for it the same as NAVLE.
I wish you the best , which state are you in?
Thanks
labvet 70

What are Florida lectures? where they can be find?
Also: what else foreign vets can do here with their diplomas except vet practice? Any other carrier lines?
 
Hi Shoho 2010
Sorry for being late to repond to your message , I have been very busy lately. For BCSE I would recommend the florida lectures , and also there is a lot of good study materials on the future vows website as well. prepare for it the same as NAVLE.
I wish you the best , which state are you in?
Thanks
labvet 70
thanks for replying
im not in U.S.A ,i will immigrate to Canada few months later so im studying for ielts and bcse."the license has the same steps exactly like U.S.A"