Foreign Veterinary Graduates

Started by rocibell
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi:
My name is bouchaib. I would like some advice about BCSE and what books did use to prepare for the BCSE test. you can email me at [email protected]. Thank you very much.

I used ZUKE review and also bought the whole series of NVMS and methiculously read and tried to remember key points. My advice is not to under-estimate BCSE! Not because it says it's "basic" it is not necessarily easy. Learning from people who took it several times because of the assumption it's easy and you could get by just reviewing the Mosby's Comprehensive Technician Reviewer and not coming in fully prepared! I don't know how the test was years and years ago, people who took it maybe 3-4 years ago said it's very easy, I don't know but to me the questions were not BASIC at all! Not to scare anybody here, they probably made it harder from the input of the people who took it when they first started. Even people who took the NAVLE even said it is almost like it just ore time restricted! To cut it short, prepare like you're taking the NAVLE and you will be fine! It won't go to waste since you will be using the knowledge for the NAVLE anyways! That's just me though! Goodluck!
 
Last edited:
Hello everyone!! I took the BCSE on Nov 29th. (Still waiting for the results)
About the exam I just can tell that it is not an easy exam. I studied more than 6 hrs/day for almost 3 months and I still did not find it easy.
I used NVMS, Merch, Mosby's Review for Veterinary Technicians, UFlorida videos and Zuku Review.

I really recommend an intense preparation.. Do not underestimate the BCSE and try to focus on Clinical Pathology and Pharmacology.

I hope I had helped you... I will let you know about my score..

Yolanda
 
Thank you, Yolanda! Did you have a lot of anatomy questions, what type? Could you tell, please, what kind of questions did you have about Clinical Pathology?
Thanks,
Philipp
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The American College of Veterinary Surgeons (ACVS) has a great site for surgery summaries of many important surgical conditions with radiographs:
http://www.acvs.org/AnimalOwners/HealthConditions/SmallAnimalTopics/ http://www.acvs.org/AnimalOwners/HealthConditions/FoodAnimalTopics/
http://www.acvs.org/AnimalOwners/HealthConditions/LargeAnimalEquineTopics/

Also, its good to know your instruments, sutures and suture patterns:
http://cal.vet.upenn.edu/projects/surgery/1000.htm
http://www.surgical-instrument-pictures.com/instrument-index.html
http://departments.kings.edu/paprog/surgicalinstruments.htm

For surgery, I think Fossum's Small Animal Surgery book is excellent. One good thing about that book is that when you buy it, you also get access to the whole book online. Very handy.

Best regards,
Steve
Steven I McLaughlin DVM, MPH, DACVPM
 
The CAPC website has some good parasitologic questions: http://www.capcvet.org/downloads/CAPC_National_Board_Review.pdf

Here are two good sites for Clin Path Case studies
http://www.medvet.umontreal.ca/clinpath/choice.htm
Clin Path images
http://www.medvet.umontreal.ca/clinpath/banq-im/menuE.htm

Dr. John King (Cornell) has a good Pathology (necropsy, histopathology) site. http://w3.vet.cornell.edu/nst/nst.asp

Here are two questions covering key coagulopathies. The coagulopathy table that is in the answer text is worth studying.
http://zukureview.com/qod.php?qod_action=dispquestion&special_id=aDMdmlfK

http://zukureview.com/qod.php?qod_action=dispquestion&special_id=DxcnGcjG

Here is an acid-base problem, and a couple of clinical case sites:
http://zukureview.com/qod.php?qod_action=dispquestion&special_id=zI3vMXzz

http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/clinsci/wing/fluids/fluidcas.htm
http://www.acid-base.com/

Basic Histology
http://cal.vet.upenn.edu/projects/histo/Index.htm
http://lifesci.rutgers.edu/~babiarz/DrBsRev.htm

Hope this helps.
Best,
Steve

Steven I McLaughlin DVM, MPH, DACVPM
 
Here are some other good sites you may want to look over:

Pharmacology and pharm case studies
http://cpharm.vetmed.vt.edu/
http://cpharm.vetmed.vt.edu/vm8784/default.htm

Radiology, especially thoracic
This one is an excellent summary on thoracic radiology- if you scroll over the images, it highlights the different lung patterns. http://www.vetgo.com/cardio/concepts/concsect.php?conceptkey=20292

This whole site (Veterinary Radiology) is excellent, and you can start with this superb summary of what a bronchial pattern looks like:
http://www.veterinaryradiology.net/373/what-is-a-bronchial-pattern/


A good one on evaluating vasculature of rads
http://www.petrays.com/pdf/VPN Diagnosis July08.pdf
And another good summary on lung patterns
http://www.petrays.com/pdf/VPN Diagnosis May08.pdf
Finally as a bonus- a great case on linear foreign bodyas seen with contrast studies
http://www.petrays.com/pdf/VPN Diagnosis June08.pdf

Poisonous Plants
http://cpharm.vetmed.vt.edu/PoisonPlants/default.htm

Here is a decent veterinary dictionary
http://www.answers.com/library/Veterinary Dictionary-cid-15581177

The so-called "A to Z Cramguide" is basically an alphabetical listing of a lot (A LOT) of unrelated factoids from an older edition or the Merck Vet Manual. I do not love it, but some folks are always asking for a copy, so here is a link: http://zukureview.com/docs/A-Z_revised.doc

Best regards,
Steve
Steven I McLaughlin DVM, MPH, DACVPM
 
Hello,
I am a vet graduate from Nagpur, India and am doing PhD in pathology here in the US. I am planning on doing a externship first and then internship. Could you guide me.
Thanks 🙂
 
hello,
I am a vet graduate from India too. Am planning on doing the externship and following it up with internship coming this summer. Hopefully this is a could start. Can u guide me in this aspect.
Thanks

hi im current final year student from punjab, india. u can read merk vet manual .
 
Thank you, Yolanda! Did you have a lot of anatomy questions, what type? Could you tell, please, what kind of questions did you have about Clinical Pathology?
Thanks,
Philipp



Well, I gotta inform everyone in the forum that I PASSED BCSE on my first attempt!! I am super happy, I just got the results!!

Phila, I am not able to tell anyone specific questions on the test. So, as I told you, try to prepare well in clinic pathology, pharmacology.. and for sure A LOOOOT of small animals..

My strategy was using ZUKU exactly the way it is said.... (You have to study everyday, and take notes of the questions you failed) then, I read the whole Mosby's review for vet technicians, I used merck to study further all those important diseases.. Also, used NVMS ( especially small animals internal medicine)... I WATCHED ALL THE FLORIDA VIDEOS and took notes... (it helped a loooot).

It really depends on your background knowledge, experience and the effort you put on it..

I hope I could help you!!

Thank you to DVMJAKISH, RICHYVET for your help!!! 😍

Yolanda
 
Congratulations Yolanda! Best wishes for NAVLE! How long ago did graduate from your university?

Thanks phila!!!... I graduated in 2009, which could be an advantage... Because I have fresh knowledge.. However, sometimes was very tricky, because as a recent graduate, I have no experience and sometimes things are not very clear for me..

When did you graduate?? When are you planning to take bcse?

Good luck for you too!!!
 
I graduated in 1999 and it was oversea. I will take my exam in April. From one side there is enough experience, but from the other one it is really hard to refresh my anatomy and physiology knowledge. Keep it touch about your NAVLE preparation.
 
Well, I gotta inform everyone in the forum that I PASSED BCSE on my first attempt!! I am super happy, I just got the results!!

Phila, I am not able to tell anyone specific questions on the test. So, as I told you, try to prepare well in clinic pathology, pharmacology.. and for sure A LOOOOT of small animals..

My strategy was using ZUKU exactly the way it is said.... (You have to study everyday, and take notes of the questions you failed) then, I read the whole Mosby's review for vet technicians, I used merck to study further all those important diseases.. Also, used NVMS ( especially small animals internal medicine)... I WATCHED ALL THE FLORIDA VIDEOS and took notes... (it helped a loooot).

It really depends on your background knowledge, experience and the effort you put on it..

I hope I could help you!!

Thank you to DVMJAKISH, RICHYVET for your help!!! 😍

Yolanda


Congratulations! Goodluck on both of us for the NAVLE! When are you taking yours? Im from South Florida. I wish I have someone to study with it helps but at this point I'm doing just fine! Congratulations again!!! 👍👍👍
 
Congratulations! Goodluck on both of us for the NAVLE! When are you taking yours? Im from South Florida. I wish I have someone to study with it helps but at this point I'm doing just fine! Congratulations again!!! 👍👍👍

Thank you filvet!! What books are you using? I think Im gonna take the VIN course.. Also, I may get different books for NAVLE! Can you help me with that?
How are you doing so far? Is this your first time taking NAVLE?

Thanks for the information you can share!!

Bye!! GOOD LUCK!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That is why I was asking about any questions about anatomy and physiology.

Phila! Don't worry about that! ... Try to read the most important chapters on a physiology book so you can refresh your knowledge and get a better idea! CARDIO, BLOOD, URINARY, RESPIRATORY, and REPRODUCTIVE are the most important to understand the physiology per se.

Anatomy, you will catch it when reading physiology, and also you can focus on musculoskeletal (especially in the horse).. Some other things like major blood vessels or the completely understanding of the heart are necessary.

Don't worry.. you will be OK!.. Just study, and be constant..

By the way, I think I have some files on pdf I could share with all you, but I dont know how to upload them! *help*!!

:luck: Good Luck!!!


Yolanda
 
Thank you filvet!! What books are you using? I think Im gonna take the VIN course.. Also, I may get different books for NAVLE! Can you help me with that?
How are you doing so far? Is this your first time taking NAVLE?

Thanks for the information you can share!!

Bye!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Hey Yolanda! Yeah this i my first time taking the NAVLE. I'm using Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NAVLE. Bought the book and CDs with multiple choice questions. I'm trying to structure out my review with that book to have some kind of system studying. I might also try out Vetprep. I also have the NBVMS books and the UF NAVLE review videos. At this point I'm trying not to overwhelm myself with info and bite more than I can chew you know... I see VIN also has some kind of review module huh? I guess I missed that there's nomore vacant slot. Oh well... I'll post some more info that might help! Happy Holidays everyone!!! 🙂🙂🙂
 
Last edited:
Hi DVMjkish! Thank you for your page with such interesting info. I have a question. You wrote that you used Mosby's Comprehensive Review for Veterinary Technicians. Now I read different reviews about this book and a lot of people say that at the end of each chapter and the comprehensive test have many incorrect answers. So, I would like to ask you about it. Was it too bad or it did not make sense for you? Also was it enough to refresh your knowledge about anatomy, physiology and pathology?


I'm not sure about having wrong answers, might be one or two made as typo, but shouldn't be a problem.
This was 4 years ago, I really can't remember anything now. Time for people to start showing some help to others around here.
 
I'm not sure about having wrong answers, might be one or two made as typo, but shouldn't be a problem.
This was 4 years ago, I really can't remember anything now. Time for people to start showing some help to others around here.

Hi!! I can tell by hand that the book does have some wrong answers... However, it is not a big deal... What I suggest to every one studying with this book, is to re-check all your answers in the chapter you were studying.. It will be helpful to reinforce what you just studied.

The book is still very worth!! =)

I hope it helped... and, DVMJAKISH.. Please, keep helping us with this hard path... I agree that more people should share their experiences, but you are a very important part of this forum.


Yolanda
 
Hey Yolanda! Yeah this i my first time taking the NAVLE. I'm using Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NAVLE. Bought the book and CDs with multiple choice questions. I'm trying to structure out my review with that book to have some kind of system studying. I might also try out Vetprep. I also have the NBVMS books and the UF NAVLE review videos. At this point I'm trying not to overwhelm myself with info and bite more than I can chew you know... I see VIN also has some kind of review module huh? I guess I missed that there's nomore vacant slot. Oh well... I'll post some more info that might help! Happy Holidays everyone!!! 🙂🙂🙂


Heyy!! well, it seems like you are doing a good job!!! I haven't started yet. My problem is that sometimes it's hard for me to organise.. When I don't have a clear way to start, I procrastinate a lot.
I also have Saunder's, UF videos and NVMS so I'll copy your strategy to see if its works with me! =)
I want to take the VIN course in february... is that the one you say there are no more vacants? :scared: I may try vetprep as well... I had a great experience with Zuku, that's why I want to try this internet courses again...

Please let's keep in touch and let me know how is it going!!


Yolanda
 
Heyy!! well, it seems like you are doing a good job!!! I haven't started yet. My problem is that sometimes it's hard for me to organise.. When I don't have a clear way to start, I procrastinate a lot.
I also have Saunder's, UF videos and NVMS so I'll copy your strategy to see if its works with me! =)
I want to take the VIN course in february... is that the one you say there are no more vacants? :scared: I may try vetprep as well... I had a great experience with Zuku, that's why I want to try this internet courses again...

Please let's keep in touch and let me know how is it going!!


Yolanda

Yeah I hear you! I work full time in a small animal practice and it's really hard to stick with a strict study routine. I'm taking the NAVLE this coming April and will start just doing part-time then maybe take a whole month off before the exam date. You'll be fine I'm sure! I know how I operate and usually when I overload myself with information I just mess it all out so I'm sticking to just a nice steady phase and see how it goes. As far as VIN NAVLE review, I checked last night and the site said nomore vacant slot. I think you can still access the lectures if you're a member. I'm not though...
For people just starting out with the ECFVG process, I know the whole thing is very intimidating and sometimes discouraging. I graduated in the Philippines back in 2002 and didn't get started with the ECFVG process until 2009 (given I've been in the veterinary field the whole interim/ vet tech 2006 up to now). Sometimes you need to take risks in life otherwise you'll never know what things are all about. Failure makes us stronger and will teach us a lot of things. Of course I'm not saying to just take the exams without preparing! Based on my own experience, sometimes our nerves gets in the way! There's a lot of information out there. It's now all up to us to make good use out of them and gather some courage to take all those exams! I hope I offered some kind of encouragement to somebody who read this. 🙂🙂🙂
 
🙂
Yeah I hear you! I work full time in a small animal practice and it's really hard to stick with a strict study routine. I'm taking the NAVLE this coming April and will start just doing part-time then maybe take a whole month off before the exam date. You'll be fine I'm sure! I know how I operate and usually when I overload myself with information I just mess it all out so I'm sticking to just a nice steady phase and see how it goes. As far as VIN NAVLE review, I checked last night and the site said nomore vacant slot. I think you can still access the lectures if you're a member. I'm not though...
For people just starting out with the ECFVG process, I know the whole thing is very intimidating and sometimes discouraging. I graduated in the Philippines back in 2002 and didn't get started with the ECFVG process until 2009 (given I've been in the veterinary field the whole interim/ vet tech 2006 up to now). Sometimes you need to take risks in life otherwise you'll never know what things are all about. Failure makes us stronger and will teach us a lot of things. Of course I'm not saying to just take the exams without preparing! Based on my own experience, sometimes our nerves gets in the way! There's a lot of information out there. It's now all up to us to make good use out of them and gather some courage to take all those exams! I hope I offered some kind of encouragement to somebody who read this. 🙂🙂🙂


Hi filvet , I graduted in P.I. back in 2002 . We have things in common . I passed the Navle 7 years ago but have to retake it because of the time lapse . Now , I have to take the BCSE and reviewing from scratch , can you give me your e-mail so we can communicate through e-mail for guidance . Which university did you graduate from ? Thanks , GuyverDVM
 
Hi!! I am in really need of help, I don't know how to start to study for the NAVLE, and wanted to know if someone can give me a little orientation!

What books do you think are the most important?
I am about to buy some book, but I havent decided...
Does someone have the VCRC NAVLE series?


Thanks..

Yolanda
 
Hi!! I am in really need of help, I don't know how to start to study for the NAVLE, and wanted to know if someone can give me a little orientation!

What books do you think are the most important?
I am about to buy some book, but I havent decided...
Does someone have the VCRC NAVLE series?


Thanks..

Yolanda



Hi my colleagues, surfing the web I found what I think is a very complete eLibrary, there are a lot of books, lectures, videos and audio files.. I hope it helps you!!!

http://www.elib4vet.com/archive/index.php/f-36.html


Yolanda 😍
 
I used ZUKE review and also bought the whole series of NVMS and methiculously read and tried to remember key points. My advice is not to under-estimate BCSE! Not because it says it's "basic" it is not necessarily easy. Learning from people who took it several times because of the assumption it's easy and you could get by just reviewing the Mosby's Comprehensive Technician Reviewer and not coming in fully prepared! I don't know how the test was years and years ago, people who took it maybe 3-4 years ago said it's very easy, I don't know but to me the questions were not BASIC at all! Not to scare anybody here, they probably made it harder from the input of the people who took it when they first started. Even people who took the NAVLE even said it is almost like it just ore time restricted! To cut it short, prepare like you're taking the NAVLE and you will be fine! It won't go to waste since you will be using the knowledge for the NAVLE anyways! That's just me though! Goodluck!

Thank you very much for the advice. I have to study hard in order to pass it . thank you.
 
Good source of information Yolanda! That's so nice of you for sharing info! When are you planning to take your NAVLE?👍👍

Fil! I'm glad you found it useful!.. I'm taking NAVLE next spring.. I already sent my application form... I havent received my authorization though..
When are you taking it? ... I'm very interested in sharing info, experiences, strategies, etc with NAVLE takers..

Bye!! happy holidays!


Yolanda
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fil! I'm glad you found it useful!.. I'm taking NAVLE next spring.. I already sent my application form... I havent received my authorization though..
When are you taking it? ... I'm very interested in sharing info, experiences, strategies, etc with NAVLE takers..

Bye!! happy holidays!


Yolanda

plz tell me about the study materials for navle🙂
 
Hi, I am taking my BCSE next month, if there is any group study could you help me to join.


Hi Karivet, how was your exam? and hope you pass, i took the exam same time but didnt pass!! just wonder if there is any study group that i can join

Thanks
Sahar
 
Hi,
I am a foreign trained veterinarian (from India). I am Canada Citizen, currently have been working as veterinary assistant in Ontario,Canada. I live in greater Toronto area,Canada. I am registered both with CVMA and AVMA. I have passed BCSE & NAVLE exams successfully in first attempts. I currently have been preparing for CPE (Las Vegas,US). I have few questions in my mind.

1. Can i work in US , if i get job offer as an associate veterinarian in US (e.g- Banfield hospital) ?
2. Is that easy to get H1B for Canadian citizen ?
3. What are chances to get US immigration through EB-3 or EB-2, if i work in US for at least 6 years ?


I know my questions are more related with US H1B visa/immigration issues, but any Canadian Citizen veterinarian working in US on H1B, please help me.

Thanks.
 
hello every body I'm looking to make study group for people preparing for BCSE OR NAVLE around my area in Montreal,QC
if someone is interested e-mail me [email protected]
we can meet and help each other
 
Last edited:
and others...I am also preparing for the CPE in Las Vegas (May 2011).
I am looking for others who are getting ready to take CPE so that we can prepare better. I already got myself to part-time position so that I can spend more time getting ready. My e-mail: [email protected]
I juts heard from NAVLE (score portal) that I passed NAVLE.
My advice to NAVLE candidates is to take NAVLE prep test ($50 each) and study using ZUKU and/or VetPrep. This way you can get yourself ready to read and answer questions in a timely matter.
 
Fil! I'm glad you found it useful!.. I'm taking NAVLE next spring.. I already sent my application form... I havent received my authorization though..
When are you taking it? ... I'm very interested in sharing info, experiences, strategies, etc with NAVLE takers..

Bye!! happy holidays!


Yolanda
hi,
i"m also waiting for the authorization on NAVLE for April 2011(passed the BCSE on nov-2010)
so far I'm using Zuku and VetPrep.
i live in SC, I don't know how work group works.....never tryed it, but if there is anybody out there preparing for NAVLE any info is appriciated. please contact me at [email protected]
nick
 
Hi,
I am a foreign trained veterinarian (from India). I am Canada Citizen, currently have been working as veterinary assistant in Ontario,Canada. I live in greater Toronto area,Canada. I am registered both with CVMA and AVMA. I have passed BCSE & NAVLE exams successfully in first attempts. I currently have been preparing for CPE (Las Vegas,US). I have few questions in my mind.

1. Can i work in US , if i get job offer as an associate veterinarian in US (e.g- Banfield hospital) ?
2. Is that easy to get H1B for Canadian citizen ?
3. What are chances to get US immigration through EB-3 or EB-2, if i work in US for at least 6 years ?


I know my questions are more related with US H1B visa/immigration issues, but any Canadian Citizen veterinarian working in US on H1B, please help me.

Thanks.

It's a bit more complicated than that, Doesn't matter what nationality you have, if you have Have ECFVG and pass NAVLE, then you only need to pass the state exam where you intend to work. However you need work visa, Again it doesn't matter if you are from Canada, being Canadian allow you to enter USA easily as visitor but you can't work without work visa. H1B1 are very easy to get but you first need an employer who want to hire you, then you need to be willing to pay the fee which can be very expensive if you hire attorney and lastly you have to wait at least a year to get the visa because they only give 50 000 H1B1 a year in the U.S , so if you apply this year it will be for the 2012 visa, you should find the employer and have all paper work ready so when they open the registration for the visa you will be the first to get it.... your advantage is that you can come to USA as visitor and meet employers, interview, that's all. I recommend that you work in Canada for a while and get experience this way you might find employer willing to put up with paperwork hassle. But my best advice is that you finish all the exam and then apply for internship in USA, this will be easier visa to get, you will be paid anywhere from 20-40 K a year but this will give good chance to find employer
and maybe the place you intern in will hire you if they like you, 70 % of hiring happens due to long term personal contact , like interning or externing...

one thing at a time...
 
Congrats in your new job! So you moved from the US after all that hard work to get your license? I followed your posts infrequently and I remember your first NAVLE score and how disappointed you were for being to be very close to the passing score. I think that was one of the reasons I pushed a little harder to study so that I pass it in my first trial. Thanks for all the positive attitude you provided to this board. Good luck.
 
It's a bit more complicated than that, Doesn't matter what nationality you have, if you have Have ECFVG and pass NAVLE, then you only need to pass the state exam where you intend to work. However you need work visa, Again it doesn't matter if you are from Canada, being Canadian allow you to enter USA easily as visitor but you can't work without work visa. H1B1 are very easy to get but you first need an employer who want to hire you, then you need to be willing to pay the fee which can be very expensive if you hire attorney and lastly you have to wait at least a year to get the visa because they only give 50 000 H1B1 a year in the U.S , so if you apply this year it will be for the 2012 visa, you should find the employer and have all paper work ready so when they open the registration for the visa you will be the first to get it.... your advantage is that you can come to USA as visitor and meet employers, interview, that's all. I recommend that you work in Canada for a while and get experience this way you might find employer willing to put up with paperwork hassle. But my best advice is that you finish all the exam and then apply for internship in USA, this will be easier visa to get, you will be paid anywhere from 20-40 K a year but this will give good chance to find employer
and maybe the place you intern in will hire you if they like you, 70 % of hiring happens due to long term personal contact , like interning or externing...

one thing at a time...

if you are a canadian citizen, you don't need a h1b visa. You need somebody from USA to give you a job, and with that contract you go directly to the border to get a NAFTA visa
you will have to renew the NAFTA visa every year, but once you have it you can apply for a green card. So all you need it's to find a job
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Greetings all,
I'm starting to prepare for BCSE, I live in Orange Co. Ca. I viewed ALL posted messages & got great info (websites) from here. Add'l advices or clues were I'll need to focus on are appreciated. What is the score to pass BCSE?

Thank-you [email protected]
 
hello every body I'm looking to make study group for people preparing for BCSE OR NAVLE around my area in Montreal,QC
if someone is interested e-mail me [email protected]
we can meet and help each other

hello tamer
i will move to canada few months later 😍, i have csq
i need to know
if the bcse can be taken in english or it will be in french only?
if i can take it in english they will not need an language proficiency test result or they will need a french test result?

are you interested in montereal??????????????/
because me and my family are so confused :scared:
if you want to contact me e.mail me here is my e.mail
[email protected]
 
and others...I am also preparing for the CPE in Las Vegas (May 2011).
I am looking for others who are getting ready to take CPE so that we can prepare better. I already got myself to part-time position so that I can spend more time getting ready. My e-mail: [email protected]
I juts heard from NAVLE (score portal) that I passed NAVLE.
My advice to NAVLE candidates is to take NAVLE prep test ($50 each) and study using ZUKU and/or VetPrep. This way you can get yourself ready to read and answer questions in a timely matter.

Congratulations! Was it your first time taking the NAVLE? Thanks for the advice. Where can I access that NAVLE prep test for $50.00? I might start using vetprep contemplating about it since I'm finding Saunder's module review very helpful and don't want to overwhelm myself with sooooo much info! Goodluck on your CPE! 👍👍👍 Oh btw, did you get the standard or the premium VETPREP? Thanks again!
 
Congratulations! Was it your first time taking the NAVLE? Thanks for the advice. Where can I access that NAVLE prep test for $50.00? I might start using vetprep contemplating about it since I'm finding Saunder's module review very helpful and don't want to overwhelm myself with sooooo much info! Goodluck on your CPE! 👍👍👍 Oh btw, did you get the standard or the premium VETPREP? Thanks again!

Yes, it was my first time; however, I took BCSE twice. You can find the self-assessment exam here;
https://www.nbvme.org/?id=93

I got premium VetPrep, this way you can view their presentations. How are you preparing for CPE?
 
I graduated vet school in Poland and I passed my NAVLE and now I am getting ready for the CPE. It has been a long and difficult process but don't give up. The best advice I can give you is be familiar with the NAVLE content and know what your weakness is. Large animal or small? and focus on that first. I am a native english speaker so it was easier for me but we all learned this school too! I think that USA vets think differently then those from Europe. I learned by being a vet tech many helpful things that no book could teach me. I highly recommend working at a good vet practice (needs to be good teaching environment) with techs and drs who will support you and teach you. Don't give up, you can do it. Write me at [email protected] if you have questions or need anything. Good Luck!
hi i have passed NAVLE this december in first attempt and now i am preparing for CPE and i want to ask what study material u r studying for CPE