Foreign Veterinary Graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anybody taking or took the QE(qualifying exam) in PAVE program?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello you'all. I am enrolled to the PAVE Program, and have already passed section 2, which is the TOEFL test. I have taken the Qualifying Exam already 2 times unsuccessfuly. Does any body outhere has good experience with the QE? I have been studying through Mosby's, Merck and books.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am new in this forum and I just want to became vet again, I can of loss, I would like to get some advised for you all. thanks

Hello,

And new in this, I have not beging yet, the process, but I can of lost. how many test do I have to take

Hello,

And new in this, I have not beging yet, the process, but I can of lost. how many test do I have to take

before any exams you have to register with ECFVG or Pave, the first is easier. then you need to work on your english so you can pass the TOEFL. once you are registered with the ECFVG program, they will guid you and tell you what to do also their website is very clear on how you can start.
here is where to start:
http://www.avma.org/education/ecfvg/default.asp
good luck

Have any one checked the Basic and Clinical Sciences Examination (BCSE) practice test.
the last question is driving me crazy,

Any one agrees with me that the answer is D not c?
here is the link

http://www.avma.org/education/ecfvg/bcse_practice_test.asp

Yes, I agree, and I can't tell you why. Be aware that these questions popped up numerous times in the NAVLE too, usually as a table with positives and negatives, and lots of questions about predictive values etc.. I can't tell you where, but you'd better read up on some epidemiology book. I was fortunate enough to pass the NAVLE without really understanding these questions...

hi Everybody...
i am a veterinarian from India and have just arrived in america. like many of you i am also planning to apply for the vety licence in USA. i have found that under the new licence examination system there are two ways to appear for NAVLE. either get registered with AVMA (ECFVG channel) or with AASVB (PAVE channel). the advantage with AVMA is that it's registration fees is $1000/- while of PAVE is $1050. secondly if your high school education medium was english then you get waiver for english language test under ECFVG pattern.

don't know how to start preparing for new step BSCE. what is it's syllabus?
i am going through Merecks Manual as that's the only book i am having at thsi moment.

anybody out there from India who is at my stage and preparing to appear for BSCE please contact me at [email protected]

best of luck to all

Yes, I agree, and I can't tell you why. Be aware that these questions popped up numerous times in the NAVLE too, usually as a table with positives and negatives, and lots of questions about predictive values etc.. I can't tell you where, but you'd better read up on some epidemiology book. I was fortunate enough to pass the NAVLE without really understanding these questions...

I knew it!!!!!!!!!!
I did the NAVLE last April, and I scored 424. as you know the passing point was 425, Lucky me, I failed :laugh:, I though it was very funny , one point....

I know that the reason was these questions that I never knew any thing about. 4-5 questions that I'm sure they were all wrong. It's funny that none of the notes or books that I went through, and they were too many, ever mentioned these questions.
Now I have to do the BCSE ... even funnier :laugh:

i'll take the BCSE on july 14....i would like to know if there's anyone will take the exam ,the next round or so.......?? shoot me an email [email protected]

I knew it!!!!!!!!!!
I did the NAVLE last April, and I scored 424. as you know the passing point was 425, Lucky me, I failed :laugh:, I though it was very funny , one point....

I know that the reason was these questions that I never knew any thing about. 4-5 questions that I'm sure they were all wrong. It's funny that none of the notes or books that I went through, and they were too many, ever mentioned these questions.
Now I have to do the BCSE ... even funnier :laugh:

Well, as long as you don't stop laughing... Or do I read some sarcasm between the lines? Anyway, with a score that high you will pass next time :thumbup:
I failed the NAVLE once with 398, and passed the second time with 431. I went through the Mosby questions a few hours daily, just to stay in the "exam-mode", and it helped. I agree, there were a lot of these questions. I had a foreign medical examinee explain them to me (without much success), and couldn't find these tables in any book either. The other thing were regional infectious diseases and deficiencies that you just don't know about if you graduated in another country. Some contacts to recent US graduates would certainly be helpful.
I am still trying to find infos on what to study for the CPE, especially Pathology, Anesthesiology, Surgery and Radiology. Does anyone know what is expected of an "Entry level Veterinarian"? There is a list of common diagnoses on the ECFVG webpage, but nothing for these specific topics. What did we get ourselves into, I wonder sometimes...
Good luck to you all!

i'll take the BCSE on july 14....i would like to know if there's anyone will take the exam ,the next round or so.......?? shoot me an email [email protected]

Hi there. I am a foreign graduate from Brazil and I will be taking the BCSE on July 14 also. I wish you good luck! I am preparing myself trough the VetPrep, any advice? ;)

........I am still trying to find infos on what to study for the CPE, especially Pathology, Anesthesiology, Surgery and Radiology. Does anyone know what is expected of an "Entry level Veterinarian"? There is a list of common diagnoses on the ECFVG webpage, but nothing for these specific topics. What did we get ourselves into, I wonder sometimes...
Good luck to you all!

I am currently preparing for the CPE myself (will take the exam end of September) and am facing the same questions. I am basically folowing the CPE Exam Manual - it has descriptions on what exactly you are expected to do and how many points you will get for which skill etc. It also has a list of all common diagnoses/topics at the back of it. You get the booklet when you pay your deposit for the CPE. Other than that i am a bit cluless myself and have not been able to find anyone so far who has actually done the exam. Yep, we did serve ourselfs a mighty big plate there, but now having come so far you somehow have to stick it out... It hepls knowing you are not alone though...:oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there. I am a foreign graduate from Brazil and I will be taking the BCSE on July 14 also. I wish you good luck! I am preparing myself trough the VetPrep, any advice? ;)

Hi,i graduated from Cairo university,Egypt, i live in NYC ,for the basic scinces(ANA,histo,physio,patho,pharma) i depend on my notes and mosby and some from the vcrc and i listen to FL lectures
what about the vetprep ,tell me about it?
besides that,on the ECFVG web site ,there's a table for the BCSE exam subjects,they didn't mention microbiology or parasitology...do you think we might have any questions in the exam related to those subjects???

this message for K94EVER
i salute your sense of humor
your score (424) drives anyone to drink!!!!!!!:):D

this message for K94EVER
i salute your sense of humor
your score (424) drives anyone to drink!!!!!!!:):D

Well, our friend K94EVER has passed the NAVLE, it's me who faild DVMJAKISH.,, I'm not kidding with you guys, I was laughing .. and without drinking..

Well, as long as you don't stop laughing... Or do I read some sarcasm between the lines? Anyway, with a score that high you will pass next time :thumbup:
I failed the NAVLE once with 398, and passed the second time with 431. I went through the Mosby questions a few hours daily, just to stay in the "exam-mode", and it helped. I agree, there were a lot of these questions. I had a foreign medical examinee explain them to me (without much success), and couldn't find these tables in any book either. The other thing were regional infectious diseases and deficiencies that you just don't know about if you graduated in another country. Some contacts to recent US graduates would certainly be helpful.
I am still trying to find infos on what to study for the CPE, especially Pathology, Anesthesiology, Surgery and Radiology. Does anyone know what is expected of an "Entry level Veterinarian"? There is a list of common diagnoses on the ECFVG webpage, but nothing for these specific topics. What did we get ourselves into, I wonder sometimes...
Good luck to you all!

I'm hoping that I will pass next time, it won't be funny if I don't.
I met a vet in a veterinary conferance in Seattle couple of weeks ago who did the CPE several years ago, I couldn't get much from her except how much she was upset over spending long time doing pig autopsy and not having enough time to write it.
But also I have red in several places that once you pay for it they will send you a manual that would explain what you should know.
I've been working as vet tech in referal surgical clinic for over a year now, that was the best thing I have ever done twoards my Goal.now I know everything I need about Anethesia, surgery , and radiology.

Hi,i graduated from Cairo university,Egypt, i live in NYC ,for the basic scinces(ANA,histo,physio,patho,pharma) i depend on my notes and mosby and some from the vcrc and i listen to FL lectures
besides that,on the ECFVG web site ,there's a table for the BCSE exam subjects,they didn't mention microbiology or parasitology...do you think we might have any questions in the exam related to those subjects???

I believe we would see some questions on those topics. The vetprep is a computer based preparation course. You can visit their website at www.vetprep.com
I think it is quite helpful, let's see.
I've already been that close to pass the NAVLE as dvmjakish, I didnt pass it by 3 points. I know the feeling.
vbmenu_register("postmenu_5317697", true);

hi guys, check this website:

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=SRC&S=0&SourceID=42

it has most of small animal diseases with photos, in very simple language.it should cover lots of question about pathology and medicine.
this exam seems to be very similar to the vet tech exam I did 3 years ago, so I'm also reading the Mosbys comprehensive review for veterinay technicians. , this book is very good for basics.

Hi, I just graduated a few weeks ago from vet school in Germany and eventually I want to take my tests in the states. I would like to find someone to study with.
I live in the Boston area. So if anyone is interested please let me know
my email [email protected]

i am at the second year of vet med in cairo univeresty

and iam from egypt

i want to know the first step i must do after graduation to practice vet med in america

and what is the defferint between ecfvg and novle

and what is the name of the thing which i will take to practice vet med in america

i want some one take arabic to hep me more

my emails

[email protected]

[email protected]

please help me :)

Hi everybody, I just graduated from vet school in mexico and I plan to take the NAVLE sometime next year and I would like some advice over which study guides to use. I've researched some like the Mosby's and Merck but they seem pretty dull making difficult to really follow them, how is
the vet prep, any better? how about the vcrc, is it really worth the money??
Please help :confused:

hello there, iam avet graduated from the university of baghdad, i appeared for the navle in canada, where they dont ask for the basic scienses exam , but i failed . they will run the new rolles after the next nov- dec 2007 window , so if i didnt pass the next navle i have to do the basic science exam and then the navle as in us, more frustrating:smuggrin: that i dont want( ihad enough:mad:), iam using now the merck, some other referenses from the libraries, and the web http://zukureview.com , vets who passed the navle pleases give some advices in my last prepration for the navle:luck:
thank you

I am looking for a student parnert. I live in NY
:)

hello there, iam avet graduated from the university of baghdad, i appeared for the navle in canada, where they dont ask for the basic scienses exam , but i failed . they will run the new rolles after the next nov- dec 2007 window , so if i didnt pass the next navle i have to do the basic science exam and then the navle as in us, more frustrating:smuggrin: that i dont want( ihad enough:mad:), iam using now the merck, some other referenses from the libraries, and the web http://zukureview.com , vets who passed the navle pleases give some advices in my last prepration for the navle:luck:
thank you
Hi how is the zuku review working for you, do you find it more helpful than other study guides, like the VCRC for example??

Hi how is the zuku review working for you, do you find it more helpful than other study guides, like the VCRC for example??
hi, i havent tried the vcrc, but i have another review questions and answer series , and they look the same,this web takes the questions and answers from merck, any way its free web you can try it and see:luck:

Does anyone know anything about those books?

Saunders NAVLE Board Review: With VETERINARY CONSULT Access (Paperback)
by Patricia Schenck (Author)

Veterinary board review book : a complete review for the NAVLE and clinics / by written by Joshua Furman. 2006

Thanks!

I am currently preparing for the CPE myself (will take the exam end of September) and am facing the same questions. I am basically folowing the CPE Exam Manual - it has descriptions on what exactly you are expected to do and how many points you will get for which skill etc. It also has a list of all common diagnoses/topics at the back of it. You get the booklet when you pay your deposit for the CPE. Other than that i am a bit cluless myself and have not been able to find anyone so far who has actually done the exam. Yep, we did serve ourselfs a mighty big plate there, but now having come so far you somehow have to stick it out... It hepls knowing you are not alone though...:oops:

In the meantime I received the CPE Manual - now I'm feeling even worse!:eek: You are right - it tells you exactly what you will have to do. Looks like we definitely will have to get some more practice before presenting to the exams. I won't get an appointment before next year, though. Where are you going to take the exams? Hopefully you will share your experiences with the forum after the CPE. Good luck!:luck:

In the meantime I received the CPE Manual - now I'm feeling even worse!:eek: You are right - it tells you exactly what you will have to do. Looks like we definitely will have to get some more practice before presenting to the exams. I won't get an appointment before next year, though. Where are you going to take the exams? Hopefully you will share your experiences with the forum after the CPE. Good luck!:luck:
I know how you felt when you got that manual - i just thought - no way! I have had it since last year in autumn, so I have been adjusting to the tought that I will be doing a very costly experiment. I am schedduled to take the CPE in September in Las Vegas Since the start of this year I have been doing externships with equine vets, food animal vets, and a smal animal hospital, to get some more practical experience. But if all of this will be enough, I don't know. :(
I will definitely let the forum know about my experiences - I find it singularly frustating that no one who has taken the CPE has come forward for some information!

I'm a new menber. I just pass IELTS exam if anybody need some advice feel free to e-mail me :)
Is anybody here took BCSE ??? It's doesn't matter you pass or not I just want to know what the exam like and how can I prepare for BCSE. I'll take the exam on Dec 2nd I have no idea how to start study:scared::scared:
[email protected]

Does anyone know anything about those books?

Saunders NAVLE Board Review: With VETERINARY CONSULT Access (Paperback)
by Patricia Schenck (Author)

Veterinary board review book : a complete review for the NAVLE and clinics / by written by Joshua Furman. 2006

Thanks!
how BCSE went??? :)
Ihave to take the exam in Dec any suggestion ??
I don't know where to start :confused::confused:
I have Mosy and A-Z but they're for NAVLE though :(:(
please help:scared:

how BCSE went???:)
I'll take the exam in Dec any suggestion??:confused::confused:
I have no idea where to start study:scared::scared:

Hi I ve passed the navle last april and studed with VCRC course click the following link for more information " http://vcrc.net/" it is very helpfull and cover every thing including anatomy, physiology, medicine, surgery, toxicology....etc. I has a lot of question and it's a like a faculty notes. now I'm taking the clinical year in oklahoma and I don't need it any more. I offer this course for $ 200 if you or any one wanna buy it please email me at [email protected]
thanx

Hi
I have a used CPE preparation book by VCRC.net for sale. I offered it for $100 if any one is interested to by it please email me at [email protected]

Hi rafat I'm from Egypt like you and I have passed the Navle and now taking the clinical year in OSU. I have prepared for navle using VCRC course and mosby reviews questions and answers. And I have used VCRC and CPE prepation courses by VCRC.net for sales
they are in good condtions and I have bought them new and paid $ 510, and I have passed NAVLE last april and currently laken the clinical year in OSU. I will not need them any more. I offered VCRC course for $ 200 and CPE for $ 100 . If any one intereseted in buying them or any please email me at [email protected]

thank You

Hi
I have used VCRC and CPE prepation courses by VCRC.net for sales
they are in good condtions and I have bought them new and paid $ 510, and I have passed NAVLE last april and currently laken the clinical year in OSU. I will not need them any more. I offered VCRC course for $ 200 and CPE for $ 100 . If any one intereseted in buying them or any please email me at [email protected]

thank You

Hi guys!

What source are you using to study for the BCSE. If we were to get books on each subject we would have to spend years to learn everything. Is there any outline of what is important, what is not, or any study material focused on BCSE preparation?? Someone said the VCRC also prepares for that, but I have some doubts about it. The BCSE sounds more general, Navle more specific. Has anyone already sat for this exam??

:confused: Don´t know where to start!!
Did you take BCSE yet???

Hey!!

You are right. The answer is ''D''. Formula for the POSITIVE PREDICTIVE VALUE is
PPV= true positive(TP) / true positive(TP)+ false positive(FP)
This value is always in percentage.
SO answer is 83 per cent

Best Regards
Riz

Hey!!

You are right. The answer is ''D''. Formula for the POSITIVE PREDICTIVE VALUE is
PPV= true positive(TP) / true positive(TP)+ false positive(FP)
This value is always in percentage.
SO answer is 83 per cent

Best Regards
Riz

Hi Rocibel

iam just like you. iam planing to take my BCSE in november. please let me know how to tead for that exam

balram

Hi Rocibel

iam just like you. iam planing to take my BCSE in november. please let me know how to tead for that exam

balram

Hi I see that you are planning to take the BCSE, is this exam included in the U.S. NAVLE or is it seperate?? Thanks!:)

Hi,
I just joined this group. I just wanted to thank you for your encouraging words to us foreign grads. I can tell you that it is very frustrating to study and pass the exams and any kind of encouragement is helpful!
Can you let us know where to get the 4th year vet notes??
Thanks again!
roxy04
[email protected]

Yes I have CPE prepairing course from VCRC.net
I offer it for $100 + shipping

thanx

Rafi

Yes I have CPE prepairing course from VCRC.net
I offer it for $100 + shipping

thanx

Rafi

To all out there who have received the manual for the CPE exam - I advise you to call AVMA EVERY MONTH - or even in shorter intervalls before your exam to make sure you still have the curren information and not one of the ex have been changed! I just leanred by pure chance that the manual I was preparing after got updated in January this year and the AVMA forgot to tell me this - so now - 4 weeks short before my exam date I received a BIG shock to find out the small animal exam has completely changed (with a compeltely ridiculous writing part!!! that counts for 40%:mad:) and the Anesthesia exam too!!!

Have any one checked the Basic and Clinical Sciences Examination (BCSE) practice test.
the last question is driving me crazy,

Any one agrees with me that the answer is D not c?
here is the link

http://www.avma.org/education/ecfvg/bcse_practice_test.asp

The last question is D (and it says that also at least now).
How you do this problem:
Positive predictive value= true positives/(true positive + false positive)

So PPV= 30/(30+6) + 30/36= 83%:)

it has been 6 weeks and no word yet on the results...