Foreign Veterinary Graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I agree, That's what I'm doing. I work as a technician in small animal hospital and signed up for two days a week externship at large animal hospital (equine, bovine....). also I would go to a animal shelter in your area where they do spay dogs and cats and do some for them for free. I think you can do that by law as student on un-owned animal with a presence of licensed veterinarian. last thing you can do is a couple of day at a veterinary lab. and you are set.. this is my plan.

Hi dvmjakish, I am also a vet in the process of getting my license and I am trying to work as a vet tech. How can you work as a technician without having a tech degree? The law in the state that I am at, says that you cannot work as a tech without having completed an aproved program of vet technology. And plus, the animal shelter here doesn't have a full time vet and they don't even perform spays there, they send them out.
Looking forward to hear from you!
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi dvmjakish, I am also a vet in the process of getting my license and I am trying to work as a vet tech. How can you work as a technician without having a tech degree? The law in the state that I am at, says that you cannot work as a tech without having completed an aproved program of vet technology. And plus, the animal shelter here doesn't have a full time vet and they don't even perform spays there, they send them out.
Looking forward to hear from you!
Thanks!

I guess the difference that I did get a vet tech license. Require to pass one exam. but in any case, lots of vet clinic like to hire what so called "veterinary assistant" it is cheaper for the clinic not have a whole staff of licensed techs. you will be doing almost everything the technicians does except, I think, inducing anesthesia, will be less than technician but you will learn a lot.
When I first came to the US I cleaned horse and cows stalls... I had to forget the DR thing for a while. now I work for state of the art hospital with board certified surgeons doing what other vets can't do. most complicated surgeries.. like total hip replacement, and sever traumas and fractures.. So you have to start somewhere.
as far as surgeries, Any state should have some place that does these surgeries for free for shelters or other non-profit organizations, I guess you have to widen your serach, online and in person. make a list from google of all vets and shelters in your area and call them and ask. Some body should know.

I guess the difference that I did get a vet tech license. Require to pass one exam. but in any case, lots of vet clinic like to hire what so called "veterinary assistant" it is cheaper for the clinic not have a whole staff of licensed techs. you will be doing almost everything the technicians does except, I think, inducing anesthesia, will be less than technician but you will learn a lot.
When I first came to the US I cleaned horse and cows stalls... I had to forget the DR thing for a while. now I work for state of the art hospital with board certified surgeons doing what other vets can't do. most complicated surgeries.. like total hip replacement, and sever traumas and fractures.. So you have to start somewhere.
as far as surgeries, Any state should have some place that does these surgeries for free for shelters or other non-profit organizations, I guess you have to widen your serach, online and in person. make a list from google of all vets and shelters in your area and call them and ask. Some body should know.

Thanks for repplying me!
But, how did you get the vet tech license? Did you go to a vet tech school or program?? Do I have to have any special license or permit to be a vet assistent? How does it work as far as law? I mean, there are certain procedures that according to the law you cannot perform without having a license (either vet or tech license). I have been in US for a while, I've done the clinical year already (old step 4), but I still have NAVLE to go through and I am looking for a job while I wait for the NAVLE.
You can e-mail me if you prefer: [email protected]
Best wishes!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for repplying me!
But, how did you get the vet tech license? Did you go to a vet tech school or program?? Do I have to have any special license or permit to be a vet assistent? How does it work as far as law? I mean, there are certain procedures that according to the law you cannot perform without having a license (either vet or tech license). I have been in US for a while, I've done the clinical year already (old step 4), but I still have NAVLE to go through and I am looking for a job while I wait for the NAVLE.
You can e-mail me if you prefer: [email protected]
Best wishes!

To get a vet tech license you have to provide one of two things either a graduation from a vet tech school or a 5 years experience as a veterinary assistant. in my case I didn't have either, but i have a vet license from a different country with 6 years experience. I called the veterinary board in my state and i told them that I would like to apply for the veterinary technician board exam "200 questions. done twice a year". I told them about my qualification. they said it's more than enough "more like “over qualified”'. I did the test 3 months later and then I had to do an open book state exam “you do it home and send it in , mostly about the vet laws”.. Then I got the license. it's really easy. Check the department of health, licensing department in your State. you should know all the answers. There is no need to have any license to work as assistant, although you can have license, the same way but if you want to do it you may as well do the technician.Some technicians I knew worked as assistants for 5 years and then applied for the exam.Every state has different laws .in my state, vet tech can do most of everything except, making a diagnosis, prescribing drug, doing surgery. you can do lots of procedures without supervision of veterinarian and more with the veterinarian, for example you can induce anesthesia when there is vet in sight view of you and the animal.. when you apply for the exam as technician they will mail you a book of all this rules, Don't worry about it though, when you work in a clinic they will tell you what you can do.I think you are over qualified, you can easily work in any hospital, a full year of internship should be enough to get you an assistant job for now.I hope this can help.

Hey dvmjakish,
Thank you so much for your advice!
Like always, you have been one of the most helpful persons in this forum!
Good luck in everything and take care!

TO GIGIVET

Why don't you first go to all the vets in your area and ask them? I am in FL so I don't need any tech licence, but ny friend is in Ohio where they usually require it, but she found 2 vets that don't care so try to ask around first.

TO GIGIVET

Why don't you first go to all the vets in your area and ask them? I am in FL so I don't need any tech licence, but ny friend is in Ohio where they usually require it, but she found 2 vets that don't care so try to ask around first.

What I found out so far is that according to State board here, there is no exception for beeing a vet tech, you have to have a vet tech degree. They also don't have any rule for unregisterd assistant like in Washington state.
Anyways, I will try to find more information around the clinics here as you suggested me. My only concern is that, even if the vet doesn't care, you can still be accused of illegal practice and lose your right of getting your vet license in US.
Thank you for your advice and take care!

I got a new CPE manual today. The main difference is that there are only 6 sections now. They have removed the clinical path, and radiology and added a new thing called diagnostic techniques, WHICH INCLUED BOTH, WITH LESS THINGS TO DO..
I have not read the whole thing yet but they also said in their letter that there is some other changes. The old manual was 121 pages, the new one is only 85…
I think I like the new one.

Anybody else out there taking the Veterinary Skills Assessment Test From PAVE ? We could exchange some information. If someone have already taken this test please let us know. It would be extremely helpful.....

Hi every body , this is so helpfull to read here and to see that you are not alone. i have a question and i hope someone can help me. u all talk about working in clinics and so , i wonder if it's a legal thing or we need to get a special visa for that , and if so, how do u do that ?
looking forward to hear your answers,
all the best
thank you

Hi every body , this is so helpfull to read here and to see that you are not alone. i have a question and i hope someone can help me. u all talk about working in clinics and so , i wonder if it's a legal thing or we need to get a special visa for that , and if so, how do u do that ?
looking forward to hear your answers,
all the best
thank you

If you are already in the USA legally, have a SSN. You can work anywhere you want. If you are illegal, that would be a problem.
If you are outside the states and wish to come to the states you need a visa, getting a visa also it depends on what country you are from. Work visa is the way to go. But this hard if you don't know anyone in the states.
I could probably help you more if you tell me more about your situation. Country, degree, and if you know people in the states.

If you are already in the USA legally, have a SSN. You can work anywhere you want. If you are illegal, that would be a problem.
If you are outside the states and wish to come to the states you need a visa, getting a visa also it depends on what country you are from. Work visa is the way to go. But this hard if you don't know anyone in the states.
I could probably help you more if you tell me more about your situation. Country, degree, and if you know people in the states.
hey thanks for writing back. what is SSN ?
i'm from israel , graduated veterinary university in slovak republic 2 years ago.
worked for a year and 3 months in a very busy clinic.
i have an uncle and abrother in the USA
i took the toefl and waiting for my results, have not yet registerd for the ECFVG , just waiting for the toefl results first.
looking forward to here from you and hope you can help me with advices.
thanks

reply to yogavet

SSN is social security number you will need when you get to the states for taxes, helth, banking..etc any one can get it.
Because where you are from you will need a visa, here is a couple of links for options on how to get a visa.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html
http://www.unitedstatesvisas.gov/business_temp_text.html
Work visa is what you need eventually but the process time is long plus you need to find some one to hire you < NOT as a vet or even a technician > but as an assistant. Maybe your relatives can help you do that.
The best way to do is apply for internship somewhere and come as student then you can find job and apply for work visa or for immigration after that. These things can get very complicated and take long time. I think you should wait for the registration with ECFVG until you are actually in the states.
One thing that might take less time is temp-worker , again you need some one employer to hire you""
Remember you have to be legal resident to become a vet in the states.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks catvet for writing back , but i still have some questions, if you don't mind me bothering u.
i'm at the moment in the states with a visitor visa.
how can i apply for internship if they require u to pass the ECFVG before you apply? (through the VIRMP site). another question, why did u offer me to wait with the registration to the ECFVG?
once i pass the ECFVG and all other exams and get my licence i'm still not allowed to work in the usa? you say i need to become a legal resident ? how do i do that ?
are you working in the usa? did you do all this ?
hey , thank you , hope to hear from you soon

thanks catvet for writing back , but i still have some questions, if you don't mind me bothering u.
i'm at the moment in the states with a visitor visa.
how can i apply for internship if they require u to pass the ECFVG before you apply? (through the VIRMP site). another question, why did u offer me to wait with the registration to the ECFVG?
once i pass the ECFVG and all other exams and get my licence i'm still not allowed to work in the usa? you say i need to become a legal resident ? how do i do that ?
are you working in the usa? did you do all this ?
hey , thank you , hope to hear from you soon

The idea of internship is to get you to the states. I guess you don’t need it now. Since you are here all what you need to do is ether find a place that would hire you and give you a job and give you a work visa, or try to apply for immigration.
If you want to get your license in the states to work in the states you have to be legal residence. Have green card or work visa. Etc…
But if you just want the degree and then work in your country this is different, you can come and do your exams as need it to get the license, without having immigrant status.

When I told you to wait for the registration I thought you are not in the states and it might take you long time to get here, so you spend money for no reason. Now that you made it I guess you can go a head and register.

Here is what you need to work in the USA. For the employer to hire a person especially a vet, one has to have a work visa or green card. you can get this through employment, marriage,…… you can check the www.uscis.gov website for information on how to obtain a green card.
Yes I have been though all that I’ve a green card, Now I’m preparing for my CPE. LAST EXAM.

wow you are great , very fast , thanks for all the info.
so i need to find someone to get merried with and register to the ECFVG and then i'm fixed .... hehehe .
how was the exam ? hard ?
how long from the regestration till you get a date for the exam ? and do you also need to do the NAVLE after ?
o.k. sorry for beeing so unpatient.
thanks for every thing
all the best

wow you are great , very fast , thanks for all the info.
so i need to find someone to get merried with and register to the ECFVG and then i'm fixed .... hehehe .
how was the exam ? hard ?
how long from the regestration till you get a date for the exam ? and do you also need to do the NAVLE after ?
o.k. sorry for beeing so unpatient.
thanks for every thing
all the best

You can read the previous posts they have lots of information for you.
the other info you can find in http://www.avma.org/education/ecfvg/default.asp#steps

the registration takes about 2 months to go through. then you can start the exams.
the NAVLE is a must. it's done twice a year April and NOV.
Advice , do the NAVLE before the CPE. helps you prepare better for the interviews.

what is the different between the NAVLE and the BCSE ?
are there imited times that you can take that exam ?

Hi Guys,

if you are as slow as I am I want to let you know that you can obtain a licence for a particular state and work as a vet once you pass NAVLE!!!!! You don't have to wait for CPE.
So for you guys who wants to practice some surgeries etc. before CPE do the Laws and Rules Examination and go practice!!

By any chance are any of you in FL???

What I found out so far is that according to State board here, there is no exception for beeing a vet tech, you have to have a vet tech degree. They also don't have any rule for unregisterd assistant like in Washington state.
Anyways, I will try to find more information around the clinics here as you suggested me. My only concern is that, even if the vet doesn't care, you can still be accused of illegal practice and lose your right of getting your vet license in US.
Thank you for your advice and take care!

I worked in Illinois as a Vet Tech, and nobody bothered that I don't have a Vet Tech license (which I never claimed I had). They assumed that I was fit for the job because of my foreign Vet degree. Just ask around. I worked at a Banfield hospital, they have a program called "LIP", which stands for "License in Progress". You basically work as a Vet Nurse, but with a little bit more salary, get to practice all the basics of small animal medicine - and they love to hire you as a Vet, once you get your license. Because it's big company, they don't let you practice as a Vet, so no surgeries etc., but you still learn a lot by observing.

I worked in Illinois as a Vet Tech, and nobody bothered that I don't have a Vet Tech license (which I never claimed I had). They assumed that I was fit for the job because of my foreign Vet degree. Just ask around. I worked at a Banfield hospital, they have a program called "LIP", which stands for "License in Progress". You basically work as a Vet Nurse, but with a little bit more salary, get to practice all the basics of small animal medicine - and they love to hire you as a Vet, once you get your license. Because it's big company, they don't let you practice as a Vet, so no surgeries etc., but you still learn a lot by observing.

Hi K94EVER !
do you have a green card ? or did you use visa ?
thanks for the information about banfield , i should check that out here too, is sounds like what i need now .
please let me know about the legality status u used while working there .
thank u
all the best

Hi K94EVER, thanks for sharing information.
I have a question: Did Banfield sponsor you as far as visa? Or do you have a permanent resident status or something else?
Thanks again!

Hi K94EVER, thanks for sharing information.
I have a question: Did Banfield sponsor you as far as visa? Or do you have a permanent resident status or something else?
Thanks again!
No idea - I already have a green card - I married the right person :love:!
I would suspect that they don't sponsor visa's unless they are in desperate need of help. But it never hurts to ask... Good luck!

Hi Guys,

if you are as slow as I am I want to let you know that you can obtain a licence for a particular state and work as a vet once you pass NAVLE!!!!! You don't have to wait for CPE.
So for you guys who wants to practice some surgeries etc. before CPE do the Laws and Rules Examination and go practice!!

By any chance are any of you in FL???

Not living in FL right now, but thinking about it every year the midwest winter hits us! What do you mean: Do you get some kind of temporary license? I would be EXTREMELY interested in that information, because I passed the NAVLE already and am scheduled for the CPE in April. Having a license right now would be great! Please elaborate!

Not living in FL right now, but thinking about it every year the midwest winter hits us! What do you mean: Do you get some kind of temporary license? I would be EXTREMELY interested in that information, because I passed the NAVLE already and am scheduled for the CPE in April. Having a license right now would be great! Please elaborate!
yes!!! there are 2 states(as I known of) that you can work without complete CPE
if you need more information please email me directly
[email protected]

To All Foreign Graduates Please Donot Enroll In Ecfvg Programme Of Lousiana State University. You Will Be Wasting Time And Money .they Teach U Nothing.and Degrade You Because You Are A Foreign Graduate And Are Not Aware Of Working In States.so Plz Put Ur Money In A Good Place

To All Foreign Graduates Please Donot Enroll In Ecfvg Programme Of Lousiana State University. You Will Be Wasting Time And Money .they Teach U Nothing.and Degrade You Because You Are A Foreign Graduate And Are Not Aware Of Working In States.so Plz Put Ur Money In A Good Place
jagjit , thanks you for the information and sorry to hear a bout this experiance you had.
are u licened by now ?
do you u have a green card, or used a visa ?
thanks again for the information
good luck in the future.

I don't know what the program is like at LSU, but I have heard very good things about the ECVFG preparation program at Purdue University. You might want to look into this program.

ALL FRIENDS AND YOGAVET..my experience was bad even if i was green card holder i was harassed by persons in LSU who r not permanent in states ... i m a licensed vet now and i know bout the turmoil foreign graduates have to go for getting licensed here...and i always keep telling my experiences to help others... thanx all for listening to my advice

jagjit , thanks you for the information and sorry to hear a bout this experiance you had.
are u licened by now ?
do you u have a green card, or used a visa ?
thanks again for the information
good luck in the future.

IT WAS NO TRAINING.... I PAID THEM TO WORK FOR THEM... AND LEARNING NOTHING FOR CPE EXAM
quote=aggiegolf;5871812]I don't know what the program is like at LSU, but I have heard very good things about the ECVFG preparation program at Purdue University. You might want to look into this program.[/quote]

ALL FRIENDS AND YOGAVET..my experience was bad even if i was green card holder i was harassed by persons in LSU who r not permanent in states ... i m a licensed vet now and i know bout the turmoil foreign graduates have to go for getting licensed here...and i always keep telling my experiences to help others... thanx all for listening to my advice
Hey jagjit , you know what, as long as it's all behind you that's good, nothing will change that , it's experience for life and ****ty people are every where as long as you will keep your way and be kind.
it's suprising that people who are caring for animals will behave not nice but i geuss you can never know.
you can put it all in the past now and move on i'm sure you will be good at what you do.
and thanks a lot for the information, we are lucky to have people who did this way before us, so like in your case help us stay away from situations like that.
where did you study ?
keep smiling
all the best

thanx for morally supporting all foreign graduates like me...i graduated from egypt and now working as a vet in oregon state..how bout u???? got some plans

ANYBODY WHO HAS TAKEN CPE IN MISSISSIPI.... PLZZZ TELL ME ABOUT THAT EXPERIENCE THERE.......I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO....ITS A VERY COSTLY EXPERIMENT AND I M JUST WORRIED....HELP ME ALL MY FRIENDS......FIRST IT WAS NAVLE AND NOW CPE.... HOW MANY MORE ??????:confused:.......HELP ME GUYS:(

thanx for morally supporting all foreign graduates like me...i graduated from egypt and now working as a vet in oregon state..how bout u???? got some plans
U wellcome jagjit,
I'm still in the begining just did the toefl and i need to send the application, which i didn't do yet.
i was thinking about it for a long time , and now i finally do some thing about it, i'm still worried from the BCSE that i have to take , but i try to make myself belive that it will be o.k.
did you take both the BCSE and the NAVLE?
I don't understand it sounds like they are both the same exam ?!!?
how long did u take for studying?
and by the way i thought that now a days you can not have the clinical year and you can only do the CPE ? am i right or not ?
any way i need to move things up and get enroll.
hope you stay around to give advices and thank you for all of them.
all the best

ANYBODY WHO HAS TAKEN CPE IN MISSISSIPI.... PLZZZ TELL ME ABOUT THAT EXPERIENCE THERE.......I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO....ITS A VERY COSTLY EXPERIMENT AND I M JUST WORRIED....HELP ME ALL MY FRIENDS......FIRST IT WAS NAVLE AND NOW CPE.... HOW MANY MORE ??????:confused:.......HELP ME GUYS:(
Hi cpevet ,
first you should try to come down you know it will not help u ?!
i'm sorry that i can not help you, this stage is still ahead of me , but i know the feeling when you write here and no one answer you.
so i can just wish you all the luck and don't forget that you can do better when you relaxed. (and i know it's easy for me to talk that way now)
all the best
GOOD LUCK

It's true that no one,whom have finished all the exams including the CPE on this Forum, has ever looked back to the others. Not even to read what people say. It seems like, and it is very understandable, that they no longer in need for this yakking. What is the point of setting down and writing a whole page or two about something that is useless to me? So they think to them selves. Or perhaps never even think at all. Sad but true.

I was talking with some vets on the forum regarding the same subject a while ago, some whom will be doing the CPE in April, as far as I remember. They had made a promise to leave every body a little of something to go on with. All what we are asking for is the mistakes that they had made. These big "NO NOs ". So we get the "look" .
I, my self, promise to do so. My exam is on June 3rd. patient dear friends. Lucky ones who will be doing it after me. one exception is (Dr.jagjit) ,it was very nice to tell every one about your experiance with LSU. but it would be great to know how was your CPE?.
Best wishes,

One person who took the CPE told me that he fail the surgery part because he for forgot to cover the dogs's hind legs. He said they're very very strick, they will keep their eyes on you all the time, keep asking you soooooo many questions during surgery. What is this call?? What are you doing?? why??
They will ask you to leave the exam room right away if you did something very very wrong......... like...........put on the gloves before a final scrub on the animal or forget to spray the betadine on the animal before surgery.
They will call you by the number and keep in mind that they will try to play a mind game with you any way they can. Prepare not to be treat like a doctor.
Anesthesia part, he said they pull out the reservoir bag or turn off pop-off valve and tell you that you having an emergency situation. They also will ask you a ton of question, keep asking deeper deeper until you can't answer.
They won't fail you because you can't answer the question but they'll mark down your score, so try to answer the question as much as possible.
However,I can't tell you where these experience took place because each exam site are different.
I hope this sharing experience will be a possitive energy:)
Goodluck to all, also for myself

hi there thanx for guiding ...but still i need more information...no on there to guide more bout cpe...i hope somebody will guide us to success...gud luck everyone

:)
They will ask you to leave the exam room right away if you did something very very wrong......... like...........put on the gloves before a final scrub on the animal or forget to spray the betadine on the animal before surgery.
They will call you by the number and keep in mind that they will try to play a mind game with you any way they can. Prepare not to be treat like a doctor.
Anesthesia part, he said they pull out the reservoir bag or turn off pop-off valve and tell you that you having an emergency situation. They also will ask you a ton of question, keep asking deeper deeper until you can't answer.
They won't fail you because you can't answer the question but they'll mark down your score, so try to answer the question as much as possible.
However,I can't tell you where these experience took place because each exam site are different.
I hope this sharing experience will be a possitive energy:)
Goodluck to all, also for myself[/quote]

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I can't share my own experience with you about CPE, since I am still doing the BCSE. But I found a webpage in the internet with some interesting comments about the CPE.

http://rossskb.homestead.com/CPE1.doc

Hope that will give a little help!

Hi everyone, i have seen this website from ross so many times and it is a very old feed back from a rosss student and is about 2-3 years old so the things have changed now....but still it helps alot to know pattern of exam so thanx for adding this....... meavet and gud luck for ur bcse exam

Unfortunately I can't share my own experience with you about CPE, since I am still doing the BCSE. But I found a webpage in the internet with some interesting comments about the CPE.

http://rossskb.homestead.com/CPE1.doc

Hope that will give a little help![/quote]

I totally agree with dvmjakish that all people who had experienced any of the tests or anything else, should post it here in order to help us all.
We have seen most people asking for help but not sharing their experiences afterwards.
Thanks for all of you who had shared information.
I also have the BCSE to go through.
My question is: we are all foreign and we all have or had to struggle with visa and all that. Has anybody here had experience with getting an H1 visa, or what kind of visa you guys are using to work here?
I guess many of us will appreciate any type of information.
Thanks!

dvm jakish which is ur exam site???? what r u reading and studying for cpe...howz ur surgery?????will u finish it in time??what u think which is ur weak section ...may be we can discuss it:D ur exam is in june ,,....mine is just 2 months away........ :scared:help me someone

It’s true that no one,whom have finished all the exams including the CPE on this Forum, has ever looked back to the others. Not even to read what people say. It seems like, and it is very understandable, that they no longer in need for this yakking. What is the point of setting down and writing a whole page or two about something that is useless to me? So they think to them selves. Or perhaps never even think at all. Sad but true.

I was talking with some vets on the forum regarding the same subject a while ago, some whom will be doing the CPE in April, as far as I remember. They had made a promise to leave every body a little of something to go on with. All what we are asking for is the mistakes that they had made. These big “NO NOs “. So we get the “look” .
I, my self, promise to do so. My exam is on June 3rd. patient dear friends. Lucky ones who will be doing it after me. one exception is (Dr.jagjit) ,it was very nice to tell every one about your experiance with LSU. but it would be great to know how was your CPE?.
Best wishes,[/quote]

I totally agree with dvmjakish that all people who had experienced any of the tests or anything else, should post it here in order to help us all.
We have seen most people asking for help but not sharing their experiences afterwards.
Thanks for all of you who had shared information.
I also have the BCSE to go through.
My question is: we are all foreign and we all have or had to struggle with visa and all that. Has anybody here had experience with getting an H1 visa, or what kind of visa you guys are using to work here?
I guess many of us will appreciate any type of information.
Thanks!
Hi gigivet , this is what i was asking for some time here , and i'm still trying to understand how it works , being in the usa and being legal??????
is that mean that i need to get merried to get my green card ????
any way i would be more then happy to hear you friends about your expirience in that subject.....
all the best

OK, State UN.
Well, like I said it's in June so I have long time to do things. I have just came out the Navle exam 2 hours ago. if that give you any idea. So I have been studying for long time.
I have already planed to go out with Bovine, equine vets in my off days (have three days off a week). I will be doing that for the next six months. Also I will go to a lab that does all the lab work in the state , and also do a couple of days there. Since I work in surgical specialty center I’m covered for Surgery, Anesthesia, and radiology.
Main things I need are large animal stuff. I have time for that I guess.
Tell me how can I help????

dvm jakish which is ur exam site???? what r u reading and studying for cpe...howz ur surgery?????will u finish it in time??what u think which is ur weak section ...may be we can discuss it:D ur exam is in june ,,....mine is just 2 months away........ :scared:help me someone

It’s true that no one,whom have finished all the exams including the CPE on this Forum, has ever looked back to the others. Not even to read what people say. It seems like, and it is very understandable, that they no longer in need for this yakking. What is the point of setting down and writing a whole page or two about something that is useless to me? So they think to them selves. Or perhaps never even think at all. Sad but true.

I was talking with some vets on the forum regarding the same subject a while ago, some whom will be doing the CPE in April, as far as I remember. They had made a promise to leave every body a little of something to go on with. All what we are asking for is the mistakes that they had made. These big “NO NOs “. So we get the “look” .
Best wishes,
[/quote]

Today's Navle was my 2nd, Since we are not allowed to say what question was on the test I will only say in general how was it to do it twice.
I failed first one with one point 424/ 425. so I really hope to pass this time. So first time it took me 50 minutes to finish a section of 60 question, today only 40 minutes that gave me more time to go back to check the questions that I have marked. The reasons for this were, 1st photos are way better, clearer than before. It took less time to look at them. 2nd today they have put the normal lab numbers like (pcv 35%-45%). immediately after the numbers for the sick animal so you don't waste time looking for them. 3rd I was more prepared.
When I see a weird question, or long question that take 2 minutes just to read I just select the first answer and continue the exam. In the end if I had time which I did, I take my time on reading it. knowing that I have the other questions answered, so made my self more relax. What happened to me in the first exam is that I was freaking out trying to catch up with time and when I get a long question I read it and the same time I was thinking that it will take long time to resolve it so I can't concentrate on it. End up wasting more time.
There are some questions that are so easy you know the answer before you finish reading the question. "Do read the whole question though just in case". And some questions are so weird that I couldn't find answers for them neither on books nor online. So don't get worried about these questions . Remember they might be test questions.(there are 60 of the 360 questions that don't count)
I hope this help.

hi thanx for responding.....well i have done navle already.....so i m just worried bout cpe.....how long u take for doing spay??? have u done it/???? equine lameness???? the techniqes?????have u covered everything in manual????? do u know something bout mississiipi center????? which one is urs...UN state.......which i s that??????plz guide me more
thanx bro:thumbup:

hi thanx for responding.....well i have done navle already.....so i m just worried bout cpe.....how long u take for doing spay??? have u done it/???? equine lameness???? the techniqes?????have u covered everything in manual????? do u know something bout mississiipi center????? which one is urs...UN state.......which i s that??????plz guide me more
thanx bro:thumbup:
cpevet ,
i think you will be o.k , you really have to work on how to relax, think about it, the worse thing that could happen is that u will have to take it again.
i understand you, i have the same feelings when i stand before exams.
i will probably be the same as you now when my time for that exam will come.
where did you study ?
i wish you all the best and don't forget to think positive

hi yoga....well thanx for boosting me but really i want to clear all cpe sections first time sooooo i m worried.... i have put lotz of money thereeeeeeee:scared:
i think you will be o.k , you really have to work on how to relax, think about it, the worse thing that could happen is that u will have to take it again.
i understand you, i have the same feelings when i stand before exams.
i will probably be the same as you now when my time for that exam will come.
where did you study ?
i wish you all the best and don't forget to think positive[/quote]