Sep 4, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Hi Guys...have a kind of serious problem. I forgot to fill in the "Hobbies and Interests" section of the application!

I have already applied, so I can't change it anymore. I was actually editing the text to make it really nice (sitcoms, music, some of the stuff I was going to mention), but I forgot to copy and paste and now I can't do anything about it since I applied already! :(

How serious is it?

If they ask me in IVs about it should I be honest and say I forgot? Or should I say/do something else?

In my PS I mention "reading biographies about musicians and watching documentaries" as something I do...does that help at all?

It was so stupid to forget it, I'm worried and didn't see any threads about it :(

the argus

2+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2015
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I think it's likely better to have nothing than to have sitcoms.

But seriously, PDs use this stuff to break the ice during interviews. It's the very rare instance wheare the hobbies/interests section plays a significant role in choosing an applicant to interview/match.

Reactions: ThoracicGuy

Xerxes1729

10+ Year Member
May 15, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
In general it's not of any significance and is completely unverifiable, but if you put something down, be able to talk about it. If you say you like to read, be able to name and talk about the most recent book you finished. If you say you like to cook, be ready to rattle of some things you like to cook or are good at making. Etc.

Reactions: MeeraReed
OP
M
Sep 4, 2015
Status
Medical Student

But seriously, PDs use this stuff to break the ice during interviews. It's the very rare instance wheare the hobbies/interests section plays a significant role in choosing an applicant to interview/match.
Hahaha, thanks, good to know it's not THAT serious.

eli20

5+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2010
Status
Medical Student

What's wrong with sitcoms?

I'd rather see that than "my hobby is reading journal articles."

Reactions: Crayola227