Forgot to update experience... *need replies before sept 15th*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kota1000

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I just got my final LOR in and submitted my applications. Unfortunately, I forgot to update all my experience I got this summer. I had a total of 600 hours in veterinary assisting from 3 different clinics that are now not updated on my applications. I know you can add new experiences, but all 3 clinics are already on my application and editing them is not an option.

I do have 1000+ hours in veterinary clinics assisting without the experience, but 600 hours is a lot of hours to miss out on. I am conflicted on what to do.

Should I add the experiences as separate experiences or just forget about it?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think it might be more confusing to list the same clinics multiple times. Maybe you can email individual schools and see if they can make a note on their files updating the hours?

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone!

I just got my final LOR in and submitted my applications. Unfortunately, I forgot to update all my experience I got this summer. I had a total of 600 hours in veterinary assisting from 3 different clinics that are now not updated on my applications. I know you can add new experiences, but all 3 clinics are already on my application and editing them is not an option.

I do have 1000+ hours in veterinary clinics assisting without the experience, but 600 hours is a lot of hours to miss out on. I am conflicted on what to do.

Should I add the experiences as separate experiences or just forget about it?

Thanks!
If those clinics are already listed I wouldn’t try to add them on as new experiences. 1000+ is more than enough to demonstrate the amount of experience that you’ve gotten. Did you list all three clinics that you were working at this summer with 1000+ hrs? If you had for example 1000+ hrs in small animal GP previously listed and had minimal hours listed for ie exotics, large animal, oncology/specialty or some other part of vetmed but gained a lot more this summer then I would possibly consider contacting schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
If those clinics are already listed I wouldn’t try to add them on as new experiences. 1000+ is more than enough to demonstrate the amount of experience that you’ve gotten. Did you list all three clinics that you were working at this summer with 1000+ hrs? If you had for example 1000+ hrs in small animal GP previously listed and had minimal hours listed for ie exotics, large animal, oncology/specialty or some other part of vetmed but gained a lot more this summer then I would possibly consider contacting schools.

1 was SA specific, and the other 2 were mixed practice with exotics and farm animals, and 1 of the 2 was emergency specialty. Only the small animal clinic has over 1000 hours, the other 2 have about 500 each as I have them listed right now.

1 was SA specific, and the other 2 were mixed practice with exotics and farm animals, and 1 of the 2 was emergency specialty. Only the small animal clinic has over 1000 hours, the other 2 have about 500 each as I have them listed right now.
500 hrs is still a significant amount of time and experience. I wouldn't worry too much that you have not updated it.

Emailing the schools is your best bet. The worst they can say is no