Former preceptor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VictorOfHungerGames

May the odds be ever in your favor
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Posted a part-time/prn position yesterday on indeed and my former preceptor who was super arrogant and b****y applied lol Just looked up her on state board and seems like she is no longer the PIC at the hospital I rotated at and is now a staff at another hospital. She was boasting about her residency and how lowly she thought of people who didn't do one. Haha. I contacted her for an interview later this week.

Always remember kids, pharmacy is a small world. Be nice to people. =)

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
If she taught you well during rotation then that's all that should matter. I have worked with folks whose attitude I didn't like at a times but they are/ were pretty good at what they did and I would hire them in a heartbeat.

Reactions: 1 user
Was it a retail position that you posted or hospital?

did you contact her for revenge or seriously considering hiring her?

Members don't see this ad :)
If she taught you well during rotation then that's all that should matter. I have worked with folks whose attitude I didn't like at a times but they are/ were pretty good at what they did and I would hire them in a heartbeat.
She was not a good preceptor in a sense that she was too submerged in her own gratification. Too arrogant. I would still consider hiring her if she has good work ethics and cares about patient care. We shall see.

Was it a retail position that you posted or hospital?

did you contact her for revenge or seriously considering hiring her?
It is for a retail position. I am seriously considering to interview her. I would have to see after the interview about hiring her.

It only sounds to me that you’re secretly trying to get even with her. I doubt it that you actually learned the importance of humility -rather you seem to want to recover your bruised ego.

Reactions: 2 users
It only sounds to me that you’re secretly trying to get even with her. I doubt it that you actually learned the importance of humility -rather you seem to want to recover your bruised ego.

are you the preceptor? :eyebrow:

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

You mean taught people how not to act so in that sense people can learn from any rotation about what NOT to do.

The ex-preceptor sounds like someone who would have trouble with co-workers, especially "lowly" technicians. Granted people can change and deserve 2nd changes, but I'd be hesitant to gauged someone's change based on an interview. In other words, if it were me, based on my 1st hand working experience with the preceptor, I would pass on hiring them (unless they had a reference I trusted, who could vouch for their change.)

Many people don't actually change for the better; they just hide their socially unacceptable personality defects better rather than make penitent change

Reactions: 4 users
Many people don't actually change for the better; they just hide their socially unacceptable personality defects better rather than make penitent change

How do you know the difference between “actual” change and just hiding defects? I am probably splitting hairs but without the ability to read minds I am not sure there is a difference.

And it sure doesn’t sound like OP plans to hire this person. Which is funny because the former preceptor might one day be in the position to help OP get a job. The OP warns of karma while doing something of bad karma (unless I am totally misreading the tone of the post).

Reactions: 4 users
No, retaliation is the better part of virtue. It’s better to humiliate those if you want them to change. If you want to be very retaliatory, string that person along with zero intention of actually hiring her is the most delicious way to deal with it.

Giving her false hope with bad faith is the best retaliation you can do and looks like good karma as she’s too self-absorbed to know the difference.Bad karma is a risk if you are an obvious jerk, that’s the point of being a friendly fascist. Show her how you’ve become a better person. Better doesn’t mean kinder.

You can teach people clinical stuff you cant teach them not to be an ass :unsure:

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So she boasts about her residency and she was an arrogant preceptor in a hospital-setting and now she's applying to grab some extra income from a retail setting... I can already see her looking down on people and doing bare minimum stuff while leaving all the grunt work for the techs. I really can't see her being a team player in a retail setting if she boasts about her clinical knowledge unless she really has changed.

Reactions: 10 users
While it's a plus to have strong clinical knowledge, but how much of it will she be able to apply in retail settings? I've met many rude/arrogant preceptors in the past and can't imagine them surviving in retail settings. lol

Reactions: 1 users
Ego isnt bruised. Im pretty secure with myself. It would be wrong for me to call her in for an interview and make fun of her or humiliate her but not planning on doing anything like that. I do want to genuinely talk to her. Just thought how interesting this situation is and how table has turned. And how important it is to treat others with a kind heart since you just never know... well you should treat everyone with kindness regardless.

Reactions: 6 users
Ego isnt bruised. Im pretty secure with myself.

a bruised ego and being pretty secure with oneself are not mutually exclusive. xarelto wasn’t calling you insecure, but calling your behavior vindictive.

a bruised ego and being pretty secure with oneself are not mutually exclusive. xarelto wasn’t calling you insecure, but calling your behavior vindictive.
Thank you. But then how are you so sure that i am being vindictive due to my ego being attacked? And which part of what ive done is vindictive? Calling her in to give her a chance to get a job she applied for?

How do you know the difference between “actual” change and just hiding defects? I am probably splitting hairs but without the ability to read minds I am not sure there is a difference.

And it sure doesn’t sound like OP plans to hire this person. Which is funny because the former preceptor might one day be in the position to help OP get a job. The OP warns of karma while doing something of bad karma (unless I am totally misreading the tone of the post).

Examples
- Pervasiveness of sexual harassment across societies.
- Working in retail where some trash customer personally attacks a tech and you overhear the entire conversation and then you come over to tell the ****bag to GTFO and suddenly his tune changes and cue the crying about how he didn't mean it

Experienced former hospital manager looking for job to work in random retail setting...
Damn...
Considering her personality you have described, this must be her last resort

Experienced former hospital manager looking for job to work in random retail setting...
Damn...
Considering her personality you have described, this must be her last resort

She is the 70% now.

I’m confused, nowhere am I reading this as vindictive. Y’all are coming up with bonk ass conclusions, learn to read/comprehend.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I’m confused, nowhere am I reading this as vindictive. Y’all are coming up with bonk ass conclusions, learn to read/comprehend.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

If he isn’t planning to be vindictive what is the point in telling us the preceptor was conceited? The only reason I can come up with is to show how this person’s karma is going to catch up with them i.e., not hire them.

If he isn’t planning to be vindictive what is the point in telling us the preceptor was conceited? The only reason I can come up with is to show how this person’s karma is going to catch up with them i.e., not hire them.

I took the OP at face value, that he was just warning us all to be nice to everyone, and then gave an example of where his former preceptor is going to have to go above and beyond to get hired, instead of just being in the general resume slush pile.

Well, hopefully former preceptor has a new outlook on life now. I would fear that whole lack of seemingly common skills /work environment mismatch as another potential hurdle/obstacle over other candidates even if said coworker has had a change in heart/attitude.

For all you hating on this post, shame on you. LOL. How am I being vindictive? I'm going to presume that you are rude and cocky, feeling guilty about what you've done in the past haha. If you're nice to others, why worry?

Anywho, I interviewed her just now. It went pretty well although she was still somewhat cocky and condescending. I suppose those traits just don't go away. We had a nice chat although she seemed very surprised to see me. I was surprised that she even remembered me. Not sure if we're gonna hire her since the owner didn't like her all that much for the same reason I had mentioned before haha. He said she sounded like a person who would scold a patient for not picking up medications in time lol

btw, I didn't mention this earlier and this may be the reason why people are confused. It was the owner of the pharmacy who had forwarded me the info on her.

Again, be kind and nice to others. You just never know who you're gonna run into in the future...

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Yeah... i don't know if you know what it means to be vindictive but this ain't it chief. If I wanted to be vindictive, I would actually hire her and treat her like crap lol Only reason I interviewed her was because the owner asked me to, detail I thought unnecessary to mention but clearly needed for some people. haha.

Last edited:
...Only reason I interviewed her was because the owner asked me to, detail I thought unnecessary to mention but clearly needed for some people. haha.
To be fair, your original post without that piece of information sounds like you are going to have fun with this since the tables have turned. Implying you are going to get your revenge in some way out of this interview.
Now with that last bit of info, it just sounds like you are laughing at the fact the tables have now turned and am reminding others to be nice so that you don't end up in the former preceptor's shoes.
Either way, huge justice bon*r from this thread.

Imagine what if she was the preceptor that failed you lmao

Imagine what if she was the preceptor that failed you lmao
Haha. Failing a rotation would be a very difficult task lol You would have to like sexually harass someone, I would think, so if you failed that's probably on you lol.

You're not being vindictive. What comes around goes around. Everyone should know that.

For all you hating on this post, shame on you. LOL. How am I being vindictive? I'm going to presume that you are rude and cocky, feeling guilty about what you've done in the past haha. If you're nice to others, why worry?

Anywho, I interviewed her just now. It went pretty well although she was still somewhat cocky and condescending. I suppose those traits just don't go away. We had a nice chat although she seemed very surprised to see me. I was surprised that she even remembered me. Not sure if we're gonna hire her since the owner didn't like her all that much for the same reason I had mentioned before haha. He said she sounded like a person who would scold a patient for not picking up medications in time lol

btw, I didn't mention this earlier and this may be the reason why people are confused. It was the owner of the pharmacy who had forwarded me the info on her.

Again, be kind and nice to others. You just never know who you're gonna run into in the future...

Just curious, would you yourself consider interviewing her just based on her resume and not because she was someone you knew?

and who would you give more weight to for this position? an arrogant clinical pharmacist or a cynical retail dumbo? asking for a friend....

Just curious, would you yourself consider interviewing her just based on her resume and not because she was someone you knew?

and who would you give more weight to for this position? an arrogant clinical pharmacist or a cynical retail dumbo? asking for a friend....
I would have interviewed her based on her resume.

I would pick neither the arrogant nor the cynic. I am looking for someone who is genuine and compassionate with right mind set and work ethic. Someone who is passionate about being a pharmacist but one who also does not put him or herself above anyone and is able to treat patients with care. At least that's the type of pharmacist I thrive to be and would like to work with.

As a tech in retail, pls think about your techs too when you hire someone .

Sent from my MHA-L29 using SDN mobile

I wouldn’t hire a hospital RPh who currently works at a hospital to do an outpatient gig. That’s not a good fit... if I am looking to fill a perdiem outpatient gig, I want someone who is young, hungry, will run through a wall for me, wants to be an outpatient pharmacist, will pick any shifts, and eventually I can groom to be my staff.

Sounds like this lady doesn’t meet any of my criteria.

I wouldn’t hire a hospital RPh who currently works at a hospital to do an outpatient gig. That’s not a good fit... if I am looking to fill a perdiem outpatient gig, I want someone who is young, hungry, will run through a wall for me, wants to be an outpatient pharmacist, will pick any shifts, and eventually I can groom to be my staff.

Sounds like this lady doesn’t meet any of my criteria.
Agreed! Just imagine hiring her and she just walked out on you one day because she hates this position, it's her side gig afterall. Wonder who gets the last laugh then? She's good to get an interview only to never be hire.

Note to self, never get on OPs bad side.

• Haha
Note to self, this dude doesnt read.

I think you and your preceptor have a lot in common. Watch out for karma.

I don't recommend laughing at someone who is struggling. While I don't condone the way your preceptor seems to act please remember this is probably how OP was raised. Most of us get our traits from our parents.

Is an arrogant person a bad person? No and the way you are treating this situation is wrong

Last edited:
I think you and your preceptor have a lot in common. Watch out for karma.

I don't recommend laughing at someone who is struggling. While I don't condone the way your preceptor seems to act please remember this is probably how OP was raised. Most of us get our traits from our parents.

Is an arrogant person a bad person? No and the way you are treating this situation is wrong
Oh the irony...

Actually sounds like you and her have alot in common.

How i was raised huh? Youre trashing me and my parents whom you have never met, yet you’re condescendingly telling me that i need to watch out for karma?

Again, please read. At what point was i laughing AT her? And how do you know if she’s struggling? How are you even able to make these assumptions so adamantly without even meeting me, her or my parents. Im so confused...

Im telling mom....

Last edited:
Seems like you are only interviewing her to reject her. Dick move but can't say I wouldn't do the same if I was in that situation to some of my bosses. If you want to be a real Douche, you should give her an offer and rescind it after she quits her job.

Oh the irony...

Actually sounds like you and her have alot in common.

How i was raised huh? Youre trashing me and my parents whom you have never met, yet you’re condescendingly telling me that i need to watch out for karma?

Again, please read. At what point was i laughing AT her? And how do you know if she’s struggling? How are you even able to make these assumptions so adamantly without even meeting me, her or my parents. Im so confused...

Im telling mom....

You made a thread to trash her.

And the parent thing was about her not you.

It's ok that this whole thing is backfiring on you, I see you're in complete defense mode now.

I'm glad a lot of people aren't agreeing with what you did.

Last edited:
You made a thread to trash her.

And the parent thing was about her not you.

It's ok that this whole thing is backfiring on you, I see you're in complete defense mode now.

I'm glad a lot of people aren't agreeing with what you did.
Lol. Ok... Not sure if i am on defense mode but i can see that ive triggered a few people who may fear my former preceptor is a reflection of themselves. Im glad i made this post.

Again, be kind and nice to others. This was my message from the beginning if you were able to read before being super saiyan triggered due to your own guilt lol

Seems like you are only interviewing her to reject her. Dick move but can't say I wouldn't do the same if I was in that situation to some of my bosses. If you want to be a real Douche, you should give her an offer and rescind it after she quits her job.
Seems like you didnt read...

Lol. Ok... Not sure if i am on defense mode but i can see that ive triggered a few people who may fear my former preceptor is a reflection of themselves. Im glad i made this post.

Again, be kind and nice to others. This was my message from the beginning if you were able to read before being super saiyan triggered due to your own guilt lol

How you can't see the irony in your own quote "be kind to others" is quite sad.

It's as if you think this person deserves to be treated poorly.

Last edited:
How you can see the irony in your own quote "be kind to others" is quite sad.

It's as if you think this person deserves to be treated poorly.
The irony is in what you said about me... not sure if youre getting this. Seems like youre too triggered.

Again, please read the entire post before you embarrass yourself.

I will stop responding now. Not sure why youre so upset.

Last edited:
The irony is in what you said about me... not sure if youre getting this. Seems like youre too triggered. I will stop responding now. Not sure why youre so upset.

So you do think people should be treated poorly for their actions and not forgiven?

Gotcha.

I just hope I have opened your eyes to what you are doing.

Last edited:
I can see this from both sides. Though through the whole thing, the one who impressed me most is the owner. He/She is willing to give a hospital pharmacist a chance (assumably this preceptor doesn't have as much retail experience as other candidates-what she probably stood out for is managerial experience). The owner seems serious about getting qualified people on board.

Most places would probably just pay attention to fresh grads, or depending on the position, people near retirement.

I can see this from both sides. Though through the whole thing, the one who impressed me most is the owner. He/She is willing to give a hospital pharmacist a chance (assumably this preceptor doesn't have as much retail experience as other candidates-what she probably stood out for is managerial experience). The owner seems serious about getting qualified people on board.

Most places would probably just pay attention to fresh grads, or depending on the position, people near retirement.
Hes a good dude. He owns several pharmacies and runs all of them based on the idea that patient care comes first. We made the decision to interview her essentially due to the fact that she comes from non-retail background and that we may be able to train her better since shes never been exposed to any other retail, mainly chains.