FP Journal Editor in chief wants to fully embrace NPs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm almost tempted to check out that site, now that you've said the DNPs have their feelings hurt because nurses don't respect them. :laugh:

Cruising there now...it's really quite funny. I wasn't even aware of the "DCC" designation. So now I'll get to pretend to be a doc AND a chiro? Sweet.

I swear, when nursing develops a DVM post masters cert, I'll be all over it.

And for extra lulz:

I think the reason more DNP grads are not taking the test goes back to some of nursing's core issues. We have people in the profession with many varying degrees of education and we have tried to pretend that they are equal, they are not.

You all will never be able to hate on us as much as we can hate on ourselves.

Members don't see this ad.

See, now you're just being a jackass. As a family physician, I find this extremely offensive. I don't know what you're getting it, but you lose much credibility here with blanket statements like that.

I've tried to be reasonable here, I do my best to avoid insult and make points based on experience/reading. I've even tried a few times with you, you have shown you can be reasonable when you wish to be.

Then you go and say **** like that. So that said, I'm done with you. Welcome to the ignore list you ignorant jerk.

I apologize if I offended anyone with my post.

I would never want to minimize the education, diligence, and fortititude that it takes to become a physician of any specialty.

I am truly sincere when I say this.

Why can't NPs go with, Mary Smith, DNP/MSN.... just like Pharmacists did after moving to Pharm. D. from B. Pharm. I mean they didn't start a whole movement trying to pass for doctors.... having an advanced degree in pharmacy didn't suddenly metamorph them into something else, they're still Pharmacists (their profession never changed).

So why don't Nurses/DNPs want to be called by their profession, does getting an advanced degree in NURSING suddenly change ur profession from Nursing?

It's not ALL Nurses.DNPs. Mary Mundinger unfortunately started this whole mess with her provocative essay, "Dr. Nurse" (or whatever it was called), and the media (Forbes, Wall Street Journal) fell for it hook line and sinker. A lot of nursing school profs then went for it, because it gives them something to debate about and something to do. And the AACN (American Association of Colleges of Nursing) thinks it's great, because (despite their conflict of interest) can now shove this DNP down everybody's neck.

The rank and file see that the emperor has no clothes on. But the elite unfortunately have a platform for advancing this.

Oldiebut goodie

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI- I wasn't including you in the category of belligerent np's and np wanna-bees at sdn...you and oldiebutgoodie tend to be fairly reasonable...

Maybe I should work on my belligerence...

It was quite enlightening to me to find out that DNPs consider me (a mere RN) as "ancillary staff." You know, I don't think a doctor (physician) has ever referred to me in such a dismissive manner. At least not to my face, anyway.