Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Freaking False Alarms

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by tBw, Nov 23, 2002.

1. tBw

tBw totally deluded
    7+ Year Member

:mad: :mad: freaking medical schools! So I got home tonight to 3 pieces of mail. All from schools I have applied to as straight MD. I'm thinking that two are either rejections or interview invites and the third is either rejection or acceptance (as I already interviewed there).

NO! All 3 are from the schools stupid MSTP program saying that they strongly encourage me to apply. :mad: grrrr...get my hopes up! Get me all worked up over spam/junk mail!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Man that sucks. At least you didn't get rejected!

And if they're sending you that stuff, you must have a good shot at getting in to the regular MD program!

4. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

ha ha... i just got one from tufts. i was sure it was a rejection as it was really thin, and when i opened it i saw it was also really short. well, it turns out that it was a "your application is complete" letter. ha! i turned in my friggin application weeks ago :p

5. Nefertari

Nefertari Undercover Premed
    7+ Year Member

So cruel, so cruel! :laugh: I got that tufts app complete letter too few weeks ago.

6. Lascivious

Lascivious Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

One week after submitting my supplemental to my top school, I received a very thin letter. :rolleyes: I ripped the letter open, only to read a correction for a spelling error was printed on the supplemental!

7. gogiants

gogiants Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

so i call tulane to check if my application is complete as i have heard absolutely nothing from them. after giving them my i.d. they say "your application has been reviewed and you have been accepted" , I say "accepted for an interview?" and she says "no, accepted into the medical school." i think sweet, my first acceptance and i was so wonderful they didn't even have to interview. then i crash back to reality and tell her this must be a mistake but she reads back my name, id numbers and undergrad correctly and even says she has my acceptance letter. of course i tell her again this is a mistake (I am stupid, o.k.) and she goes and checks and decides it is indeed and tells me a decision letter has been sent. this sounds very ominous and i ask if this means no interview. she says it could be an interview or rejection. but i don't feel too good about it. now i am in the awkward position of perhaps being accepted and rejected by the same school. nuts.

8. mystic_b

mystic_b Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Dude, that sucks!!! They're messing with you.