Freaking False Alarms

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tBw

totally deluded
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
:mad: :mad: freaking medical schools! So I got home tonight to 3 pieces of mail. All from schools I have applied to as straight MD. I'm thinking that two are either rejections or interview invites and the third is either rejection or acceptance (as I already interviewed there).

NO! All 3 are from the schools stupid MSTP program saying that they strongly encourage me to apply. :mad: grrrr...get my hopes up! Get me all worked up over spam/junk mail!!

Members don't see this ad.

Man that sucks. At least you didn't get rejected!

And if they're sending you that stuff, you must have a good shot at getting in to the regular MD program!

ha ha... i just got one from tufts. i was sure it was a rejection as it was really thin, and when i opened it i saw it was also really short. well, it turns out that it was a "your application is complete" letter. ha! i turned in my friggin application weeks ago :p

Members don't see this ad :)
So cruel, so cruel! :laugh: I got that tufts app complete letter too few weeks ago.

One week after submitting my supplemental to my top school, I received a very thin letter. :rolleyes: I ripped the letter open, only to read a correction for a spelling error was printed on the supplemental!

so i call tulane to check if my application is complete as i have heard absolutely nothing from them. after giving them my i.d. they say "your application has been reviewed and you have been accepted" , I say "accepted for an interview?" and she says "no, accepted into the medical school." i think sweet, my first acceptance and i was so wonderful they didn't even have to interview. then i crash back to reality and tell her this must be a mistake but she reads back my name, id numbers and undergrad correctly and even says she has my acceptance letter. of course i tell her again this is a mistake (I am stupid, o.k.) and she goes and checks and decides it is indeed and tells me a decision letter has been sent. this sounds very ominous and i ask if this means no interview. she says it could be an interview or rejection. but i don't feel too good about it. now i am in the awkward position of perhaps being accepted and rejected by the same school. nuts.

Originally posted by gogiants
so i call tulane to check if my application is complete as i have heard absolutely nothing from them. after giving them my i.d. they say "your application has been reviewed and you have been accepted" , I say "accepted for an interview?" and she says "no, accepted into the medical school." i think sweet, my first acceptance and i was so wonderful they didn't even have to interview. then i crash back to reality and tell her this must be a mistake but she reads back my name, id numbers and undergrad correctly and even says she has my acceptance letter. of course i tell her again this is a mistake (I am stupid, o.k.) and she goes and checks and decides it is indeed and tells me a decision letter has been sent. this sounds very ominous and i ask if this means no interview. she says it could be an interview or rejection. but i don't feel too good about it. now i am in the awkward position of perhaps being accepted and rejected by the same school. nuts.

Dude, that sucks!!! They're messing with you.