1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Freaking False Alarms

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by tBw, Nov 23, 2002.

1. tBw

tBw totally deluded
    7+ Year Member

:mad: :mad: freaking medical schools! So I got home tonight to 3 pieces of mail. All from schools I have applied to as straight MD. I'm thinking that two are either rejections or interview invites and the third is either rejection or acceptance (as I already interviewed there).

NO! All 3 are from the schools stupid MSTP program saying that they strongly encourage me to apply. :mad: grrrr...get my hopes up! Get me all worked up over spam/junk mail!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Man that sucks. At least you didn't get rejected!

And if they're sending you that stuff, you must have a good shot at getting in to the regular MD program!

4. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

ha ha... i just got one from tufts. i was sure it was a rejection as it was really thin, and when i opened it i saw it was also really short. well, it turns out that it was a "your application is complete" letter. ha! i turned in my friggin application weeks ago :p

5. Nefertari

Nefertari Undercover Premed
    7+ Year Member

So cruel, so cruel! :laugh: I got that tufts app complete letter too few weeks ago.

6. Lascivious

Lascivious Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

One week after submitting my supplemental to my top school, I received a very thin letter. :rolleyes: I ripped the letter open, only to read a correction for a spelling error was printed on the supplemental!

7. gogiants

gogiants Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

so i call tulane to check if my application is complete as i have heard absolutely nothing from them. after giving them my i.d. they say "your application has been reviewed and you have been accepted" , I say "accepted for an interview?" and she says "no, accepted into the medical school." i think sweet, my first acceptance and i was so wonderful they didn't even have to interview. then i crash back to reality and tell her this must be a mistake but she reads back my name, id numbers and undergrad correctly and even says she has my acceptance letter. of course i tell her again this is a mistake (I am stupid, o.k.) and she goes and checks and decides it is indeed and tells me a decision letter has been sent. this sounds very ominous and i ask if this means no interview. she says it could be an interview or rejection. but i don't feel too good about it. now i am in the awkward position of perhaps being accepted and rejected by the same school. nuts.

8. mystic_b

mystic_b Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Dude, that sucks!!! They're messing with you.