Free body diagrams practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

-----MD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Y'all,

I'm currently going through my physics content (sadly my weakest area) and I find myself stuck on forces/work/equilibrium for the last 3 weeks. I went through all my questions in the EK 1001 books, took the section tests in the EK physics book, and even a couple in my undergrad physics textbook.

The problem is that I keep messing up the forces, I just don't "see" the forces in play, and how they interact with each other. Especially when combining multiple forces: ie- centripetal force at the end of a ski slope... I was thinking that perhaps I should just practice drawing free-body diagrams so I don't mess up. Anyone know of a resource where I can practice something like that?

Any other input appreciated.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Strengthen your strengths. Stop harping on concept number 3,328,931

Best Luck.

Um. Free body diagrams aren't just a minute concept - it's pretty important to all force work.

Best advice for you, OP: Do some of the worked problems in a text book (regular text book), then follow with end of chapter problems. It won't take long for you draw FBD's instinctively.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks. That is what I did. I was just getting anxious that I was spending too much time on it. But I guess content review is supposed to be thorough.