Friday thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been spending the day grilling ribs for almost 6 hours. Also made some deviled eggs and installed two Google Nest thermostats in our house.

Members don't see this ad.

I like the dog and current beverage pic. I’ll keep it going
71E2E43F-BC6F-4CEC-9BF8-145313765DBA.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i'm gonna scream into the void that is sdn that I have 11 days until i take the eppp. ugggghhhh.

(failed last time with a 495 while I was sick with a house full of sick kids... and now my kids have fevers again...)

Reactions: 1 user
Well I'm up this late so you know what I've been up to.

• Angry
Reading this article pissed me off tonight.

This person graduated from an institution that merged with the Chicago School. Garbage in, Garbage out.

Reading this article pissed me off tonight.
And now I’m pissed off this a.m. 😁
This guy seems to have a lot of red flags of being a serious creep in addition to being a crappy clinician.

Attachments

• hbqUS5hNoMdwm2NskaVGG7-1200-80.jpg
    hbqUS5hNoMdwm2NskaVGG7-1200-80.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 40
Members don't see this ad :)
fall break has arrived, no classes thurs-fri. This was never a thing anywhere I was a student, happy to have it as a prof.
and we've rounded the 1/2 way point now, 8 weeks down, 6 to go!

I hate you a little bit.

• Care
Whatever, "I work for the VA and we have like 30 federal holidays PTO."

Hey man, it's only 11 and none of them are tomorrow or Friday. Bet you your boss didn't give you off this week either. That guy....you should steal his desk chair and drink all his beer. That'll show him.

• Haha
Hey man, it's only 11 and none of them are tomorrow or Friday. Bet you your boss didn't give you off this week either. That guy....you should steal his desk chair and drink all his beer. That'll show him.

I'm working tomorrow and Friday. But I do have like a month off in December/January, so there's that. Boss also said he'd open the below for a special occasion, so, fingers crossed.

1666209392100.png

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else looking forward to the new Taylor Swift album coming out tonight?
I'm not exactly the target demographic, but I can appreciate well written pop songs. Curious- what does "album coming out tonight" mean nowadays? I'm assuming that it will be available to download? Is there any physical media involved?

I'm not exactly the target demographic, but I can appreciate well written pop songs. Curious- what does "album coming out tonight" mean nowadays? I'm assuming that it will be available to download? Is there any physical media involved?
Oh, yes--being the extreme capitalist Taylor is, she's released approximately 8 million different editions of the vinyl, including four separate ones where you have to buy all of them to form a clock :)rolleyes:), so she's definitely getting that physical album $$$$. It'll also be streamable on all the major platforms (Spotify,, Apple Music, hopefully Youtube). There are some rumors of a possible double album drop, but I doubt it.

Careful how you refer to her. While I am not the target demo either, there is an army of folk that have strong feelings. In fact, you can visit the Taylor Swift Education center:

Taylor Swift Education Center - Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum

• Haha
Anyone else looking forward to the new Taylor Swift album coming out tonight?
Oh, yes--being the extreme capitalist Taylor is, she's released approximately 8 million different editions of the vinyl, including four separate ones where you have to buy all of them to form a clock :)rolleyes:), so she's definitely getting that physical album $$$$. It'll also be streamable on all the major platforms (Spotify,, Apple Music, hopefully Youtube). There are some rumors of a possible double album drop, but I doubt it.
whadja think? and seems you nailed it about the clock feature!

"The most ingenious or shameless part — take your pick — of Swift’s vinyl strategy is what she has done with the back covers. When turned around and placed on a grid, the four editions display 12 numbers that, when arranged properly, form the hours of a clock. “It could help you tell time,” Swift said, perfectly deadpan, in a recent Instagram video.

And not just that. For $49, Swift’s website sells the actual clock — a kit including four walnut wood shelves to hold the LP jackets, “with brass metal clock center piece,” the description reads, “with 2 wooden hands that each have ‘Taylor Swift’ printed in brass ink.”

The site adds: “While supplies last.”"

Ugh... I just got a notice from the city to clear a brush pile I made in our alley from trimming back a tree from our utility lines. Bulk pick up isn't until December. Now I have to be a little gremlin spreading the love out (i.e., putting four or five sticks in each of the shared big circular trash cans down our alley that borders a park). It's prolly less than two or three cubic feet in each - so I won't annoy the neighbors too much. I also need to scalp the lawn and prep for overseeding for the winter lawn. Maybe I'll take a small shmedible and listen to some music while being Hank Hill.

I can’t quit my wood chunks and charcoal. My spouse just loves my scent too 😁

Lol...I am thinking of getting a stand-alone smoker by Pitboss. We have the pellet smoker/griller combo. I'd prefer to just have a smoker so I can actually put legit wood in their vs. the pellets.

Lol...I am thinking of getting a stand-alone smoker by Pitboss. We have the pellet smoker/griller combo. I'd prefer to just have a smoker so I can actually put legit wood in their vs. the pellets.
I highly recommended the pit barrel cooker.

For those of us who are not Swifties, will we have to report to the Taylor Swift Re-Education Center?
I'm a Gaylor, not a Swiftie (it's a bit like a denominational split lol), so I'd be reporting with you! On the other hand, Maroon off this album is so blatantly gay that even mainstream dialogue is like "yeah, this is gay / clearly about Karlie Kloss."

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Putting ribs on the grill again....and of course, the German beer.
I just put a hot dog on a slice of bread, wrapped it in a paper towel, and nuked it for 45 seconds. Kind of the same thing, right? I am eating it while drinking a German beer (Allgauer Buble Bier- Festbier).

Last edited:
Home today, need to finish up some reports. Before that, coffee and looking at polling/projection data for the upcoming midterms. Just our regular reminder of how bad the Dems are at politics.
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Tonight: Publisher is taking me out to dinner.
Saturday: Theater with psylady.
Sunday: Got lunch with a friend-colleague.

*I want to do none of these things.

We are leaving in a cruise today out of Florida, so we have to fly to Orlando this evening. I dropped off my dogs at the boarding place and my husky had an epic seizure there in the entryway. So much for Keppra and gabapentin.

• Care
We are leaving in a cruise today out of Florida, so we have to fly to Orlando this evening. I dropped off my dogs at the boarding place and my husky had an epic seizure there in the entryway. So much for Keppra and gabapentin.
Sorry to hear about that. We have a cat with a seizure disorder and it is just so hard. We actually have had more success with phenobarbital than keppra or other medications we tried. My wife believes that was related to shorter half-life of keppra and sensitivity to inducing seizures when the level of the keppra fluctuates. Stress appears to be a potential precipitant as well.
Funny story. We found out the little bugger has been cheeking his meds. My wife found a couple of little pills laying around on several occasions and at first wasn’t sure what they were until the other day when she found another and it was clearly one of his phenobarbital pills. It’s like I’m running a residential treatment program for cats. 😆

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users