MD & DO Friends with benefits/Early relationsip, Medical school, and Legal documents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel ya bro. You might not be comfortable having sex with someone in a relationship where you are both not able to fully communicate all of your values regarding family planning, like what each of you envisions yourself doing in the case of pregnancy.

Its early in the relationship, so I know we'll be there soon. I don't want to be like "babe, sorry, no sex until I know you better, even though we've been doing it a while". Seems silly.

Also, am slightly worried it makes me nervous to put everything I have into studying for med. school worrying about things like this.

Members don't see this ad.

It sounds like your risk of being killed or having permanent sequelae from a motor vehicle accident in the next year might be as high as, if not higher than, your odds of impregnating her and that fetus not meeting a dismal end before age 18

or not

if that makes you feel better

gotta do what you can that actually makes sense for the risks you actually face

there is no short cut for trust or being ready to accept the fallout of a baby with someone you ****

Reactions: 1 user
Not exactly true, but more problematic is that some true ejaculate can already have been released prior to feeling the need to/actually pulling out, which is why it fails more than speaking about pre cum
The amount of sperm in precum is significantly lower than what is required to impregnate someone.
As for the second part, that's a matter of self control. Some guys have enough self control to go 1000 for 1000 whereas others could go maybe 4 times before blowing it (no pun intended).

Pull out method fails in studies because it's not something you can study with solid accuracy. Ultimately, we never recommend it because it's reliant on self control at the worst possible time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its early in the relationship, so I know we'll be there soon. I don't want to be like "babe, sorry, no sex until I know you better, even though we've been doing it a while". Seems silly.

Also, am slightly worried it makes me nervous to put everything I have into studying for med. school worrying about things like this.
two things, OK, 3
1) the worrying is part of a stress reaction (not medical speaking here, just broad fufu spiritual terms here)
2) it is actually totally OK to ask a girl that you are having sex with more than once, if she's thought about what she would do if she did actually get pregnant, the kind of girl that hasn't given thought to this already or doesn't like that you did, IS NOT someone you want to put it in. OTOH, it sounds like you two kids are so on top of things it would be like an immaculate conception and no one is prepared for that. If this doesn't work I'm not surprised if you two don't have a plan c d e f.
3) only get with women that are rich or have rich families/husbands etc, basically women that are more likely to dispose of you and your unwanted fetus/infant

Reactions: 1 users
It sounds like your risk of being killed or having permanent sequelae from a motor vehicle accident in the next year might be as high as, if not higher than, your odds of impregnating her and that fetus not meeting a dismal end before age 18

or not

if that makes you feel better

gotta do what you can that actually makes sense for the risks you actually face

there is no short cut for trust or being ready to accept the fallout of a baby with someone you ****

Yea, it makes me feel a little bit better, the probability of the car thing. If everything goes well, then the chances are abysmal.

It's just my BC methods that I can control can reasonably fail once a month or so, and then the ball is in her court (her pills). She is really the last resort and gate keeper. And she will have to from time to time because condoms still aren't made to perfection. Those things still slip and slide from time to time. Ridiculous.

I like the girl a ton, but I also barely know her in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not saying pre-ejaculate or however you even want to get into that one, is a viable way to get pregnant. But as you say, no one can really tell you it's zero risk, so it's not really something you can recommend to anyone, let alone the OP. He says his fears are allayed about pre-cum but I don't know that it is.

Maybe I'm just projecting. Man cooties = danger.

1) the worrying is part of a stress reaction (not medical speaking here, just broad fufu spiritual terms here)

The worrying is insane. Dunno if its even normal for someone to worry as much as me. Of course I keep it lowkey though. Its not like I tell my gf Im worried about that stuff to an overbearing extent. Just asked her if she really takes her pills every day consistently, she said yep, and left it at that. Its super unattractive for a guy to act too worried probably to his gf anyway lol. So I hardly ever mention it.

She's actually fine with no protection and doesn't worry at all.

) it is actually totally OK to ask a girl that you are having sex with more than once, if she's thought about what she would do if she did actually get pregnant, the kind of girl that hasn't given thought to this already or doesn't like that you did, IS NOT someone you want to put it in. OTOH, it sounds like you two kids are so on top of things it would be like an immaculate conception and no one is prepared for that. If this doesn't work I'm not surprised if you two don't have a plan c d e f.

It's early in the relationship though. I don't want to scare her with "what ifs" like that yet, maybe within the next week or two. And briefly. That's a mood killer.

3) only get with women that are rich or have rich families/husbands etc, basically women that are more likely to dispose of you and your unwanted fetus/infant

True that! Unfortunately, that is not even close to the case here....

But she is 10/10 though.

Yea, it makes me feel a little bit better, the probability of the car thing. If everything goes well, then the chances are abysmal.

It's just my BC methods that I can control can reasonably fail once a month or so, and then the ball is in her court (her pills). She is really the last resort and gate keeper. And she will have to from time to time because condoms still aren't made to perfection. Those things still slip and slide from time to time. Ridiculous.

I like the girl a ton, but I also barely know her in the grand scheme of things.
well phrased this way, all of your musing here is pretty normal

the thing about the car accident analogy, is also to say that sometimes life isn't about worrying how much your risk is, but that the risk is there and just going about your business

you could try to avoid all cars and all sex, but it's just not feasible in this society in the long run. You gotta just belt up/sack up and get back to living Rocko's Modern Life.

sounds like you're processing the normal amount of control that we all give up with we engage in sexual intercourse with another human being, kudos to you for recognizing that

I'm not saying pre-ejaculate or however you even want to get into that one, is a viable way to get pregnant. But as you say, no one can really tell you it's zero risk, so it's not really something you can recommend to anyone, let alone the OP. He says his fears are allayed about pre-cum but I don't know that it is.

Maybe I'm just projecting. Man cooties = danger.

Ya, for whatever reason, I haven't found anything super convincing about pre-cum causing pregnancies. Maybe possible, but nothing like aforementioned previously.

The worrying has maybe hurt some of my time studying for med. school. Also another drawback. But I think I'm more comfortable now than before.

well phrased this way, all of your musing here is pretty normal

the thing about the car accident analogy, is also to say that sometimes life isn't about worrying how much your risk is, but that the risk is there and just going about your business

you could try to avoid all cars and all sex, but it's just not feasible in this society in the long run. You gotta just belt up/sack up and get back to living Rocko's Modern Life.

sounds like you're processing the normal amount of control that we all give up with we engage in sexual intercourse with another human being, kudos to you for recognizing that

Ya, I guess I just like to have things controlled to a tee, and have to realize sex is just something that takes risk, no matter what. Fair turn of the analogy.

If things last 6+ months, I'm just getting her the arm implant BC thing, seems to work well. haha.

I don't like trusting other people with things like pills...every day consistently, I dunno...

The amount of sperm in precum is significantly lower than what is required to impregnate someone.
As for the second part, that's a matter of self control. Some guys have enough self control to go 1000 for 1000 whereas others could go maybe 4 times before blowing it (no pun intended).

Pull out method fails in studies because it's not something you can study with solid accuracy. Ultimately, we never recommend it because it's reliant on self control at the worst possible time.

Its a grand method. One research paper stated some men out there have trouble feeling to "first ejaculate" and when they pull out, they don't realize that they were slightly late and some still got in, they just didn't feel it quick enough.

The worrying is insane. Dunno if its even normal for someone to worry as much as me. Of course I keep it lowkey though. Its not like I tell my gf Im worried about that stuff to an overbearing extent. Just asked her if she really takes her pills every day consistently, she said yep, and left it at that. Its super unattractive for a guy to act too worried probably to his gf anyway lol. So I hardly ever mention it.

She's actually fine with no protection and doesn't worry at all.

It's early in the relationship though. I don't want to scare her with "what ifs" like that yet, maybe within the next week or two. And briefly. That's a mood killer.

True that! Unfortunately, that is not even close to the case here....

But she is 10/10 though.
well when I said worry, I meant you. Don't know what I make of her not being worried at all. Maybe she knows something we don't (she knows she wouldn't keep it? Maybe she's already had like 3 abortions, dude)

I find it concerning anytime someone discusses a sexual partner not being worried about not using protection in casual scenarios.

I agree that beyond seeing to your own part of controlling birth, asking her beyond what method she uses and how well that works for her, is likely low yield.

I can see why you would hold off on more questions, but this does get into the space that if you are at this sort of a juncture... maybe sex is something to hold off on in the future, or the discussion moved up? Trust? I dunno.

I'm just at a place in my life where nobody got time for that, and I tend to just cover "so here's what I'm doing with my uterus" over drinks before we play in the playground next door. (ETA: by that I mean metaphorically)

I've told guys first date first time nude, "Yes, to my knowledge I am capable of getting pregnant if we don't use safe sex right now, and if I do, I'm keeping it. Your call." Not that it's on offer but it is funny to see a guy react to that after he asks not to use any.

Digression. I see what you're saying about awkwardness, but I'm challenging it. It's worth not taking at face value as you move forward in your life, it might even keep you from being "that guy."

Last edited:
Its a grand method. One research paper stated some men out there have trouble feeling to "first ejaculate" and when they pull out, they don't realize that they were slightly late and some still got in, they just didn't feel it quick enough.
biology is totally designed for it to work out that way, isn't it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya, for whatever reason, I haven't found anything super convincing about pre-cum causing pregnancies. Maybe possible, but nothing like aforementioned previously.

The worrying has maybe hurt some of my time studying for med. school. Also another drawback. But I think I'm more comfortable now than before.
good, I hope the time here will save you some time worrying. You were gonna the spend the time thinking about it, regardless. Hopefully this was better somehow.

Lastly, weirdly, and it could be it's own essay, but if she really is 10/10, in the scheme of life knocking her up might not be the end of the world, even in that worst worst worst case scenario.

I'm starting to think we just think about these things backward and it's mostly related to consumer culture that puts everything before normal biology.

Well... since I’m part of this now on a study break... what I learned in life before Medical school (nursing or human sexuality classes, can’t remember—I often remember info but not that exact source and I’m fine with that) is that the orgasm and the ejaculation are usually associated in a predictable way, but the orgasm doesn’t “cause” the ejaculation and thus they might not align in a way that is useful for “pull out birth control”.

well when I said worry, I meant you. Don't know what I make of her not being worried at all. Maybe she knows something we don't (she knows she wouldn't keep it? Maybe she's already had like 3 abortions, dude)

Ya, I mean, she doesn't seem worried at about any protection, etc. I don't know if that's a sign of whether she would keep it or not. Could be she feels comfortable having a kid with me for all I know.

I should ask, "what if", but since its still early in the relationship, maybe ill do it in a week or so.

She's young so she probably doesn't have a ton of experience....yet...anyway.

I agree that beyond seeing to your own part of controlling birth, asking her beyond what method she uses and how well that works for her, is likely low yield.

New relationship, so I dunno how much I can totally trust her yet. She seems fine. But idk.

I can see why you would hold off on more questions, but this does get into the space that if you are at this sort of a juncture... maybe sex is something to hold off on in the future, or the discussion moved up? Trust? I dunno.

The sex seems to be an important part. Not the entire part of course. But an important part for sure. Its not purely infatuation though. She cooks <3.

I'm just at a place in my life where nobody got time for that, and I tend to just cover "so here's what I'm doing with my uterus" over drinks before we play in the playground next door.

I've told guys first date first time nude, "Yes, to my knowledge I am capable of getting pregnant if we don't use safe sex right now, and if I do, I'm keeping it. Your call." Not that it's on offer but it is funny to see a guy react to that after he asks not to use any.

Haha, yea, I definitely would be careful then!

Digression. I see what you're saying about awkwardness, but I'm challenging it. It's worth not taking at face value as you move forward in your life, it might even keep you from being "that guy."

I plan to at the right times. I like my laid back persona. Don't want her to think I'm a worried nervous wreck. I'll lightly touch on the subject I need to as they come.

Lastly, weirdly, and it could be it's own essay, but if she really is 10/10, in the scheme of life knocking her up might not be the end of the world, even in that worst worst worst case scenario.

I'm starting to think we just think about these things backward and it's mostly related to consumer culture that puts everything before normal biology.

You know, guys are definitely less worried about knocking up very attractive girls.

I would definitely play with fire more around cuter girls. Although, I would (an am) still be hesitant.

Like, I might play with fire if they girl is gorgeous and also intelligent with a good career, because it just "feels safer".

My gf is very cute, and "seemingly" smart and on the right track, but its way too early to tell. Its not like she's in med school.

Well... since I’m part of this now on a study break... what I learned in life before Medical school (nursing or human sexuality classes, can’t remember—I often remember info but not that exact source and I’m fine with that) is that the orgasm and the ejaculation are usually associated in a predictable way, but the orgasm doesn’t “cause” the ejaculation and thus they might not align in a way that is useful for “pull out birth control”.

Makes sense, which could explain why some guys just can't it correctly, regardless of self-control. Don't get me wrong though, self-control is probably "most" guys problems with that (trust me, biologically its tough to pull out).

Do girls feel the biological urge to have them not pull out?

Also, will sleep very soon.

Makes sense, which could explain why some guys just can't it correctly, regardless of self-control. Don't get me wrong though, self-control is probably "most" guys problems with that (trust me, biologically its tough to pull out).

Do girls feel the biological urge to have them not pull out?

Biological urge to grip them in lol. Look at the twitter jokes on the subject if you don’t want my first hand account.

Biological urge to grip them in lol. Look at the twitter jokes on the subject if you don’t want my first hand account.

I wonder if that's why condoms slip off. lol. It's a setup.

I wonder if that's why condoms slip off. lol. It's a setup.
Lol that’s because men wear the wrong size. Also a recent twitter joke, there was a picture floating around of a sizer with 4 options made by a condom company. At which point I learned there was a version of that test being used in which an empty toilet paper roll delineated magnum vs regular.

Lol that’s because men wear the wrong size. Also a recent twitter joke, there was a picture floating around of a sizer with 4 options made by a condom company. At which point I learned there was a version of that test being used in which an empty toilet paper roll delineated magnum vs regular.

Another reason:

I know that when guys pullout, you're suppose to hold the base as you pull, because for whatever reason condoms slip as you ejaculate more easily.

I think every guy as some point learns that even if it fits ok during the duration of the whole thing, if you pull out too fast without holding the base, it slips right off.

I should test different sizes though. Can't hurt!

I find it concerning anytime someone discusses a sexual partner not being worried about not using protection in casual scenarios.

I'm just at a place in my life where nobody got time for that, and I tend to just cover "so here's what I'm doing with my uterus" over drinks before we play in the playground next door. (ETA: by that I mean metaphorically)

Before my husband I gave literally the same bolded speech to guys RE: uterus.

I'm surprised no one has said "Hey Saga, how are you going to get her to sign that", and the answer is "it will definitely kill the mood for a few minutes, no question about that".
As a female, I'd be laughing on the way out the door if a guy asked me to sign something like that.

Reactions: 2 users
lol at this post.
pull out game needs to improve, A, and B, just wrap it up dude. Lastly, C, get your cord snipped if you're that neurotic.

As a female, I'd be laughing on the way out the door if a guy asked me to sign something like that.

Oh, its definitely a mood killer though. Carefree girl wouldn't think much about it though. It's not like I'm asking a medical student, who will sit there and overthink more than girls already do.

If anyone else has any ideas on how to get out of legal obligations of custody and child support, let me know? It appears the law is sealed pretty tight on this one.

Be a sperm donor to a registered clinic....while there have been some exceptions, generally the sperm donor is legally completely off the hook for parental responsibilities!

You know, guys are definitely less worried about knocking up very attractive girls.

I don't know if this is true. Maybe it's the caliber of the guys I hang out with, but guys seem less worried about knocking up decent girls (ie kind, caring, considerate), while they are more concerned about knocking up superficial/shallow girls. What do looks have to do with whether or not someone would try to screw you over, or worse be a horrible mother to your child?

If anyone else has any ideas on how to get out of legal obligations of custody and child support, let me know? It appears the law is sealed pretty tight on this one.

Don’t make more money then the baby momma. Better yet don’t make any money at all

Reactions: 4 users
TL;DR

Just use two methods of birth control. That is almost certainly going to protect you better than a piece of paper that probably wouldn't hold up in a court of law.

Also, what kind of woman would be cool with the contract that you are proposing? Rather than getting to have consequence-free sex, I suspect you would wind up having no sex at all.

Reactions: 3 users
I really don’t understand, after 3 birth control methods there doesn’t seem to be any trust here between the couple. I was taught to never have sex with someone if I wouldn’t be ok with “worst case scenario” with that person (ie unintended pregnancy). I feel like men should do the same. But that of course means waiting to have sex until you trust your partner, and I realize most people don’t practice that.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

All it takes is one little marine to hit the beach.

This is the saddest thing I've ever read on here.

You can't get someone pregnant if you're celibate, OP ;)

Have you tried discussing this plan with her? Might be the most effective way to prevent pregnancy

Get yoked, some neck tats and a few felonies (including domestics). Blast away with abandon. Your 15 baby mommas will be more interested in collecting your baby batter than child support. Guaranteed.

I came here to DANCE before this thread gets closed!

giphy-tumblr.gif

Last edited:
I don't know if this is true. Maybe it's the caliber of the guys I hang out with, but guys seem less worried about knocking up decent girls (ie kind, caring, considerate), while they are more concerned about knocking up superficial/shallow girls. What do looks have to do with whether or not someone would try to screw you over, or worse be a horrible mother to your child?

There's probably a median somewhere in there. You would definitely not want to knock up a girl you found unattractive, regardless of how good of a mother should would be. You definitely wouldn't want to knock up a beautiful girl if she plans on sucking you dry through child support and makes a terrible person to deal with,

Just use two methods of birth control. That is almost certainly going to protect you better than a piece of paper that probably wouldn't hold up in a court of law.

Yea theoretically it should. But if your condom slips/breaks during a pull-out, you lose all the forms at once. And you would have to rely on the fact she is taking her pills correctly, and consistently. I'm just saying, things can go downhill real fast, even when on 2-3 BCs.

Also, what kind of woman would be cool with the contract that you are proposing? Rather than getting to have consequence-free sex, I suspect you would wind up having no sex at all.

Not many probably, but knowing her carefree mentality, I doubt she would even think about it much. Under most circumstances, I would probably agree. I wouldn't have thought about the legalities and contracts had she been the type of person who it would "turn off".

I really don’t understand, after 3 birth control methods there doesn’t seem to be any trust here between the couple.

Have you tried discussing this plan with her? Might be the most effective way to prevent pregnancy

It's early in the relationship and she is a little bit younger. I don't want to bombard her with "what if" questions just yet. If I had been dating her for several months, it would be different.

I may be simply more neurotic than most people on the subject. 2-3 BC methods still make me worry more than I should probably. But as I said before, 3 BC methods can become near 0 in just a moment if things go wrong.

I feel like men should do the same. But that of course means waiting to have sex until you trust your partner, and I realize most people don’t practice that.

Women have the luxury of being a little bit choosier of "how" and "when" and "who" they have sex with. Biologically, men are most apt to take more chances because they generally have less chances.

But in light of that, I do agree it is of course "safer" to only do the deed under longer term relationships. But I do think its an important part (not the major part) of our relationship.

Dude stop freaking out. Unless the girl is trying to get knocked up, I’m sure she is taking her BC regularly enough. Wrap your willy and pull out, it’s not that hard . You’re fine. That’s more BC methods than most people use anyways. You’re really going for a 1/1,000,000,000 scenario here.

Here is a list of things more likely to happen than you knocking this chick up: Risks of Dying, that you face every year

Enjoy all the sex!

Dude stop freaking out.

I agree, I'm more relaxed now.

Wrap your willy and pull out, it’s not that hard . You’re fine.

This works most of the time, but every once in a while there's a slip or break and if she's not on the pill. Then its really not that unlikely(as that's 2 BC methods gone right there). But I will relax and do better with the pulling out. I always hate when the last resort is to trust she's taking pills (the last BC method).

Honestly, I think maybe an arm implant, etc. may be worth looking into the future. Not this early though. Plus they are expensive. 600-1300 bucks and her insurance most likely doesn't cover.

Last edited:
I agree, I I'm more relaxed now.

This works most of the time, but every once in a while there's a slip or break and if she's not on the pill. Then its really not that unlikely. But I will relax and do better with the pulling out. I always hate when the last resort is to trust she's taking pills.

Honestly, I think maybe an arm implant, etc. may be worth looking into the future. Not this early though. Plus they are expensive. 600-1300 bucks and her insurance most likely doesn't cover.
Sorry, but you should have no control over her birth control. There are alternatives to the pill, but that should be between her and her physician. That just comes off as a bit creepy.

Lolz x2.

Checking back in on this thread we now have medical students, presumably smart adults, arguing the merits of the pullout method. I have seen more rational arguments from high schoolers. FYI, and I can’t believe I’m explaining this to medical professionals and not middle schoolers in sex ed class, it is absolutely possible to have small amounts of actual semen, not Cowper’s gland pre-ejaculate, or “precum” (lol), be expelled without an orgasm, especially if you are attempting to prolong your session by trying to hold it in when you’re close. Movement of fluid can precede the forceful orgasm, so even if you can stop the contraction, you can’t stop that small amount of initial leakage you didn’t feel. This will obviously vary from person to person. Even if you’re wearing a condom, if you unknowingly expel a small amount of semen into the condom, take a 10 second break, then keep going, there is a risk this will get pushed out the base.

Bottom line, people get pregnant while on hormonal BC and condoms using both perfectly. It’s uncommon but it can happen.

If you want to have casual hookup sex out of a relationship where would be prepared to deal with the consequences then this is the price you pay (that and genital herpes, which affects what, 1/5 adults?)

OP should think about banking sperm and getting a vasectomy. $300/year for cyro is a small price to pay compared to the alternative.

Or just, you know, stop going after strange and find a permanent partner.

Just lol.

On what planet is nexplanon 600-1300 dollars and not covered by insurance?

You’ve acknowledged this, but you are definitely being way neurotic about this. It’s within the realm of possibility to talk with her about this—considering you’re having sex you probably should, but you’re pretty adamant about waiting some further arbitrary amount of time.

Because you’d feel more comfortable with her being on some long acting reversible contraception, and also considering it’s her body- you should definitely ask her if it’s something she’s thought about. Then, you know, it’s kind of up to her whether she wants something like that in her body.

There’s pretty much a 99 percent or higher rate of contraception with your current methods of use, but also remember that there’s the morning after pill if something goes wrong with the condom.

I agree, I I'm more relaxed now.

This works most of the time, but every once in a while there's a slip or break and if she's not on the pill. Then its really not that unlikely(as that's 2 BC methods gone right there). But I will relax and do better with the pulling out. I always hate when the last resort is to trust she's taking pills (the last BC method).

Status
Not open for further replies.