From your experience, which podiatric medical school best prepares its students for residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happypaws

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently in the process of interviewing for podiatric medical schools. I am aware that it is up to the individual to make the most out of his/her education whichever school he/she attends; however I was wondering, during your residency and/or when training residents, residents from which school did you observe were best prepared? I am trying to consider all possible factors into making the best decision. Thank you so much for your help in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I think the school is what you make of it. You work very hard and you will likely succeed wherever you go. Don't depend on the school to get you a good residency.

Members don't see this ad :)
The test of time has proven that the best school are ; temple, Iowa, ocpm
The rest still have to get their game together

We all have our own biases, but every school has excellent and poor students.

The best school for each person is the environment that makes them the most comfortable, allows them to learn the best, and has the fewest distractions. While everyone needs an outlet, fun and recreation can't take precedence over studying and academics. So while many people love the weather of Florida, if it will be a distraction from learning and the student will spend more time at the beach than they should, Barry would be a poor choice. That being said, I've seen good students come out of Barry, and I've also seen TERRIBLE students come out of Barry. But with the terrible students, it was obvious their knowledge base wasn't up to par because they hadn't studied as hard as they should.

All schools are all accredited by the AACPM. They all provide the same educational tools. Some just provide it in a different way. Don't listen to rankings. Interview as many places as you can and go where you feel you fit in the best.