FSU Response?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bwells46

MD, MPH, MSM
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who interviewed at FSU heard back about their application yet? I was told they were sending out letters this week but I haven't received one yet.

Members don't see this ad.

nope, :(
i keep calling and they keep not responding the phone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya, I was wondering myself.... I dont remember what they said at the interview?

baby4you said:
nope, :(
i keep calling and they keep not responding the phone.

I talked to them today and they said they were sending out letters. However, they didn't say if they were only sending letters to accepted applicatants.

FSU is disorganized.......The lady told us we should hear in a week or two and that was like 2 months ago. I dont think they even know what they are doing, they couldnt tell us if they would mail it or call us or email us.

1SwtWrld said:
FSU is disorganized.......The lady told us we should hear in a week or two and that was like 2 months ago. I dont think they even know what they are doing, they couldnt tell us if they would mail it or call us or email us.

Yeah - I interviewed over two months ago. I'd really like to know if I got into medical school.

That is kind of weird because they are usually pretty darn speedy about informing you about their decision. I am currently an MS1 there and interviewed on a Friday last year and by the following Wednesday I was notified of my admission. I wonder what is going on. I'll try to find out.

DrMarioNES said:
That is kind of weird because they are usually pretty darn speedy about informing you about their decision. I am currently an MS1 there and interviewed on a Friday last year and by the following Wednesday I was notified of my admission. I wonder what is going on. I'll try to find out.

That would be great. Tell them there are lots of excited premeds waiting to hear from them :thumbup:

DrMarioNES said:

Thanks! :)

another day goes by...

and I got placed on hold at Albany. I thought for sure I would get an interview since I interviewed there last year and was placed on the alternate list.

This process is so strange...

ya, checked my mail today, no sign from fsu...at least none of us has hve heard anything and not just some of us. I wonder when we will hear something?

Members don't see this ad :)
DrMike24 said:
ya, checked my mail today, no sign from fsu...at least none of us has hve heard anything and not just some of us. I wonder when we will hear something?

Good point. I does make me feel a little better about my application that people are not posting acceptances to FSU yet. That means there is still hope :)

They said they would be sending out letters this week but I haven't received anything. Maybe next week...

nothing on my mail today,
will see next week, maybe :rolleyes:

DrMarioNES said:

The same thing happened to me last year. The admissions office called me at 8 in the morning on my house phone. I thought that only a telemarketer was calling that early.

As far as the guys who interviewed two months ago, FSU (or any school for that matter) cannot give a response until after Oct 15. I don't know why they told you that you would hear back from them in August or September.

deuist said:
The same thing happened to me last year. The admissions office called me at 8 in the morning on my house phone. I thought that only a telemarketer was calling that early.

As far as the guys who interviewed two months ago, FSU (or any school for that matter) cannot give a response until after Oct 15. I don't know why they told you that you would hear back from them in August or September.

I know they couldn't let us know until Oct 15 but that was a week ago.

Don't they know how obsessive/compulsive premeds are about checking the mail during the application cycle? :laugh:

Seriously though, I just want to know.

So anyone heard anythign yet? any news at all?

DrMike24 said:
So anyone heard anythign yet? any news at all?

Got accepted..... :) Came on Saturday but I wasnt there and had to sign for it so I went to the post office this morning. So they have started to send letters.

hey congrats!.... i guess we should start checking the mailbox. When was your interview?

DrMike24 said:
hey congrats!.... i guess we should start checking the mailbox. When was your interview?

9/16

1SwtWrld said:

Well, I haven't gotten one yet and I was there the same day you were. I don't think that is a good sign :(

Yaaaaaaaaa, I got in too. My interview was the 30th. They send it certified mail and my letter was dated Oct. 15.

Hey Turquoisey, I was there with ya... congrats! I am hoping to receive one soon... :) we'll see. Good luck to all those waiting

For those of you who have been accepted to FSU, has there been any change to your online status page?

What is that page again? I dont think i have it anymore.

well my status page is the same. but that could be from them still having to process my acceptance. i still have to tell them to count me in.

bwells46 said:
For those of you who have been accepted to FSU, has there been any change to your online status page?

No change for me..still dosent even show my letters as being recieved :laugh:

I just got accepted today and there is no change to the page. It still does not show that they have my LORs. so don't stress over it too much

when did you interview?

I interviewed October 14. I called today, and they told me over the phone that I was accepted and to be expecting something in the mail.

So do you all think I can go ahead and predict that I was not accepted or that I am waitlisted there or what? I interviewed the 30th.

DrMike24 said:
So do you all think I can go ahead and predict that I was not accepted or that I am waitlisted there or what? I interviewed the 30th.

I feel the same way. I interviewed there on the 16th.

I think I'll call today and see if they will tell me over the phone. I'm betting they'll tell me my application is "still under consideration".

Well good luck man, let us know what you can find out?

DrMike24 said:
Well good luck man, let us know what you can find out?

I called earlier and they said the computer was down and they couldn't look up my application. However, they did say they will call me back tomorrow so I guess I'll find out then.

hmm... hopefully you are presented with some good news tomorrow.

i interviewed on the 30th and i got placed on hold, mike you should just call the admission office. they'll tell you on the spot. good luck to all of you

Hey all, I just called and they said i got accepted!

Me: Hi, I am calling to check on my status
FSU: You should be expecting a packet in the mail, we sent it the 15th.
Me: Oh...so am I accepted?
FSU:...oh, ya, congratulations.

Call them up!

DrMike24 said:
Hey all, I just called and they said i got accepted!

Me: Hi, I am calling to check on my status
FSU: You should be expecting a packet in the mail, we sent it the 15th.
Me: Oh...so am I accepted?
FSU:...oh, ya, congratulations.

Call them up!

I finally got in touch with someone and they told me I was still under consideration, whatever that means :thumbdown:

And to think I left FSU feeling like both of my interviews went extremely well...

Oh well, congratulations to those of you who did get in :thumbup:

bwells46 said:
I finally got in touch with someone and they told me I was still under consideration, whatever that means :thumbdown:

And to think I left FSU feeling like both of my interviews went extremely well...

Chin up bwells! :clap: (Sounded like you needed some encouragement..) I have a feeling you'll be in. Victory is always sweeter when it's a challenge right? Besides, they can't say no to the dark force of Vader! :smuggrin:

bwells46 said:

Man i'm in your boat. I left FSU with the belief that I had rocked both my interviews, and they told me the same thing. Ohh well lets hope for the best and see were we end up. Congrats on everyone who got in, hope we'll all be great docs one day.

busthwt said:
Man i'm in your boat. I left FSU with the belief that I had rocked both my interviews, and they told me the same thing. Ohh well lets hope for the best and see were we end up. Congrats on everyone who got in, hope we'll all be great docs one day.

Did they tell you how often they review applications "still under consideration"?

bwells46 said:
Did they tell you how often they review applications "still under consideration"?

they told me that they review them at every committee meeting

Congrats DrMike! :D

Anyone waiting to find out should call on Wednesdays because they review them on Tuesdays. Good Luck!

Thanks everyone... bwells and bushthwt, I hope you guys get in...good luck!

DrMike24 said:

And congratulations again on your acceptance! :thumbup:

DrMike24 said:

Hey man, congrats on your acceptances. Have a great 1st year.

What's up with this thread? No posts for a who month? I'm inteviewing Jan/20th. Congratulations!!! to all that have been accepted. How many of you will definitely be at FSU next year. It is my first choice and I hope I see some of you there!

Cheers!

Does anyone know how many people they take off the hold list and when do they start taking them off?