-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
FSU Response?
Started by bwells46
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
baby4you said:nope, 🙁
i keep calling and they keep not responding the phone.
I talked to them today and they said they were sending out letters. However, they didn't say if they were only sending letters to accepted applicatants.
1SwtWrld said:FSU is disorganized.......The lady told us we should hear in a week or two and that was like 2 months ago. I dont think they even know what they are doing, they couldnt tell us if they would mail it or call us or email us.
Yeah - I interviewed over two months ago. I'd really like to know if I got into medical school.
That is kind of weird because they are usually pretty darn speedy about informing you about their decision. I am currently an MS1 there and interviewed on a Friday last year and by the following Wednesday I was notified of my admission. I wonder what is going on. I'll try to find out.
DrMarioNES said:That is kind of weird because they are usually pretty darn speedy about informing you about their decision. I am currently an MS1 there and interviewed on a Friday last year and by the following Wednesday I was notified of my admission. I wonder what is going on. I'll try to find out.
That would be great. Tell them there are lots of excited premeds waiting to hear from them 👍
DrMarioNES said:That is kind of weird because they are usually pretty darn speedy about informing you about their decision. I am currently an MS1 there and interviewed on a Friday last year and by the following Wednesday I was notified of my admission. I wonder what is going on. I'll try to find out.
Thanks! 🙂
DrMike24 said:ya, checked my mail today, no sign from fsu...at least none of us has hve heard anything and not just some of us. I wonder when we will hear something?
Good point. I does make me feel a little better about my application that people are not posting acceptances to FSU yet. That means there is still hope 🙂
They said they would be sending out letters this week but I haven't received anything. Maybe next week...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DrMarioNES said:That is kind of weird because they are usually pretty darn speedy about informing you about their decision. I am currently an MS1 there and interviewed on a Friday last year and by the following Wednesday I was notified of my admission. I wonder what is going on. I'll try to find out.
The same thing happened to me last year. The admissions office called me at 8 in the morning on my house phone. I thought that only a telemarketer was calling that early.
As far as the guys who interviewed two months ago, FSU (or any school for that matter) cannot give a response until after Oct 15. I don't know why they told you that you would hear back from them in August or September.
deuist said:The same thing happened to me last year. The admissions office called me at 8 in the morning on my house phone. I thought that only a telemarketer was calling that early.
As far as the guys who interviewed two months ago, FSU (or any school for that matter) cannot give a response until after Oct 15. I don't know why they told you that you would hear back from them in August or September.
I know they couldn't let us know until Oct 15 but that was a week ago.
Don't they know how obsessive/compulsive premeds are about checking the mail during the application cycle?
Seriously though, I just want to know.
DrMike24 said:So anyone heard anythign yet? any news at all?
Got accepted..... 🙂 Came on Saturday but I wasnt there and had to sign for it so I went to the post office this morning. So they have started to send letters.
DrMike24 said:hey congrats!.... i guess we should start checking the mailbox. When was your interview?
9/16
1SwtWrld said:9/16
Well, I haven't gotten one yet and I was there the same day you were. I don't think that is a good sign 🙁
Yaaaaaaaaa, I got in too. My interview was the 30th. They send it certified mail and my letter was dated Oct. 15.
What is that page again? I dont think i have it anymore.
Turquoisey said:What is that page again? I dont think i have it anymore.
https://www.med.fsu.edu/Admissions/Verify.aspx
well my status page is the same. but that could be from them still having to process my acceptance. i still have to tell them to count me in.
bwells46 said:For those of you who have been accepted to FSU, has there been any change to your online status page?
No change for me..still dosent even show my letters as being recieved

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DrMike24 said:So do you all think I can go ahead and predict that I was not accepted or that I am waitlisted there or what? I interviewed the 30th.
I feel the same way. I interviewed there on the 16th.
I think I'll call today and see if they will tell me over the phone. I'm betting they'll tell me my application is "still under consideration".
DrMike24 said:Well good luck man, let us know what you can find out?
I called earlier and they said the computer was down and they couldn't look up my application. However, they did say they will call me back tomorrow so I guess I'll find out then.
Hey all, I just called and they said i got accepted!
Me: Hi, I am calling to check on my status
FSU: You should be expecting a packet in the mail, we sent it the 15th.
Me: Oh...so am I accepted?
FSU:...oh, ya, congratulations.
Call them up!
Me: Hi, I am calling to check on my status
FSU: You should be expecting a packet in the mail, we sent it the 15th.
Me: Oh...so am I accepted?
FSU:...oh, ya, congratulations.
Call them up!
DrMike24 said:Hey all, I just called and they said i got accepted!
Me: Hi, I am calling to check on my status
FSU: You should be expecting a packet in the mail, we sent it the 15th.
Me: Oh...so am I accepted?
FSU:...oh, ya, congratulations.
Call them up!
I finally got in touch with someone and they told me I was still under consideration, whatever that means 👎
And to think I left FSU feeling like both of my interviews went extremely well...
Oh well, congratulations to those of you who did get in 👍
bwells46 said:I finally got in touch with someone and they told me I was still under consideration, whatever that means 👎
And to think I left FSU feeling like both of my interviews went extremely well...
Oh well, congratulations to those of you who did get in 👍
Chin up bwells!
(Sounded like you needed some encouragement..) I have a feeling you'll be in. Victory is always sweeter when it's a challenge right? Besides, they can't say no to the dark force of Vader! bwells46 said:I finally got in touch with someone and they told me I was still under consideration, whatever that means 👎
And to think I left FSU feeling like both of my interviews went extremely well...
Oh well, congratulations to those of you who did get in 👍
Man i'm in your boat. I left FSU with the belief that I had rocked both my interviews, and they told me the same thing. Ohh well lets hope for the best and see were we end up. Congrats on everyone who got in, hope we'll all be great docs one day.
busthwt said:Man i'm in your boat. I left FSU with the belief that I had rocked both my interviews, and they told me the same thing. Ohh well lets hope for the best and see were we end up. Congrats on everyone who got in, hope we'll all be great docs one day.
Did they tell you how often they review applications "still under consideration"?
bwells46 said:Did they tell you how often they review applications "still under consideration"?
they told me that they review them at every committee meeting
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DrMike24 said:Thanks everyone... bwells and bushthwt, I hope you guys get in...good luck!
Thanks 🙂
And congratulations again on your acceptance! 👍
DrMike24 said:Thanks everyone... bwells and bushthwt, I hope you guys get in...good luck!
Hey man, congrats on your acceptances. Have a great 1st year.
What's up with this thread? No posts for a who month? I'm inteviewing Jan/20th. Congratulations!!! to all that have been accepted. How many of you will definitely be at FSU next year. It is my first choice and I hope I see some of you there!
Cheers!
Cheers!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 25
- Views
- 3K