FSU Response?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by aishoo84
what are you going to do your masters in frany? is it a one year program or a 2 year program??

I'm not sure what I want to focus on just yet, but right now I am looking at either Biochemistry or Bioethics. Also, the program is one year. It is relatively new and this year I think there are about 14 of us in the program; last year there were only 7.

Members don't see this ad.

So for all of us who never heard anything..are we going to receive any actual letter of rejection or not?

seriously...what is the deal? I've called Jamie a couple of times the past two days but no answer...

Members don't see this ad :)
I bet they are really busy with orientation and getting the medical students settled. I guess we'll get news next week? Maybe one of us will be lucky enough and they'll call us before classes start?

Evidently a few people didn't show up...so people are still being called.

So its been the second day of orientation now. Yesterday, they had called out two names of students who have not showed up. So there might have been two seats open as of yesterday. Today, we had a new student introduced to us. I've also met a couple of students who said they only found out last week friday. I also recall dr. eveland saying that there will be 100+ of us, so i initially thought that maybe they over-extended offers, but then I thought that maybe he is including the bridge students as well. I wasnt able to get any info out of Rhonda or anyone else. I still havent found out who the "young lady" is that answers the phone...im still working on that. :)

I would still like to wish you all the best of luck in the remainder of this cycle and into the next. I honestly feel for you. With this only acceptance and a few waitlists, I know how dissapointing it can be (ESPECIALLY when you beginhearing about very "unqualified' classmates getting accepted). Good luck in the next cycle if you find yourself in that situation: Apply early and apply to FSU! :)

Hey Syringe!
Thanks for the info! I am pretty sure FSU is trying to settle down and prepare everyone for classes next week. I am surprised to hear about certain 'unqualified' applicants getting accepted; however, FSU's averages are lower relative to the other FL schools. But, I am sure the rest of us will have luck this upcoming cycle and wish you the best of luck at FSU!!! :) :luck:

Thanks for the info Syringe!!! Keep us updated!

I called Jamie today...I asked her what the deal was with us--ppl that r still on waitlist... she said that as of now the class is full... but u never know, ppl mite drop out or something.... so thats why they dont wanna send out rejection letters yet... she said that all of us would be hearing back one way or the other towards the end of this week--which could only be today or tomorrow.... So I guess just hope for the best!

The "less qualified" students that I was referring to was not applying to our FSU COM class, but more to the other schools (spec UF, and UM) who are based often on numbers and less on character. From who i've met so far in orientation, we are a talented and certainly qualified group of students.

I would never question my classmates' ability!! :)

Originally posted by Syringe3131
The "less qualified" students that I was referring to was not applying to our FSU COM class, but more to the other schools (spec UF, and UM) who are based often on numbers and less on character. From who i've met so far in orientation, we are a talented and certainly qualified group of students.

Yeah, I see what you mean; but it is unfortunate because there were many applicants that loved FSU and would have been ecstatic to be accepted. Either way I am sure everyone there is happy to be in medical school!! :D

Did anyone call today?? any more news on acceptances??? i think its pretty much over for all of us :( there mite be like one lucky one that gets a call...thas prolly it...