FSU Response?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
frany584 said:
I haven't received a letter YET...but when I have called the past two times I spoke to Jaime Calloway and the lady at the front desk, which both said there has not been a decision made on my application...ummm....how could they have NOT made a decision on my application....classes start in two weeks!!!! :mad: just reject me already or accept me..sheesh!!!

Has anyone called today?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I called today and I spoke with the woman at the front desk and thats the response she gave me...then again by the time i gave her my name she already blurted out 'a decision hasn't been made'...so she could have been lying?? And I'm not sure if I should ask if calls had been made to applicants yet?

Good luck with FSU, I go to FSU for undergrad and can't wait to leave. I have found the college to be very disorganized and often times rude. When I confronted them about cheating in my chem II class, they swept it under the rug and told me that...having previous copies of the SAME test, and studying that, is not cheating and there is nothing wrong with it. I sure hope the medical school is nothing like undergraduate here, good luck, FSU so far, has come off as uncaring and money hungry to me. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
frany584 said:
Yeah, I called today and I spoke with the woman at the front desk and thats the response she gave me...then again by the time i gave her my name she already blurted out 'a decision hasn't been made'...so she could have been lying?? And I'm not sure if I should ask if calls had been made to applicants yet?

Frany, when I called yesterday the lady at the front desk told me that they had started making calls for acceptances. (However when I called 5 minutes before that particular call she said she didn't know if acceptances and rejections were being given- so I don't know how reliable this is)

Yeah, I'm not sure if i trust the woman at the front desk. I'm thinking of calling someone else, but I'm afraid I would be pestering them. I am so frustrated because they keep telling me a decisiont has not been made reguarding my application, but classes start so soon and I would like to know what the heck is going on. Do you guys think I should try calling Jaime or something today???

frany584 said:
Yeah, I'm not sure if i trust the woman at the front desk. I'm thinking of calling someone else, but I'm afraid I would be pestering them. I am so frustrated because they keep telling me a decisiont has not been made reguarding my application, but classes start so soon and I would like to know what the heck is going on. Do you guys think I should try calling Jaime or something today???

When I called Jaime earlier, she wouldn't tell me anything in regards to my application in particular, just that calls and letters will be sent to accepted ppl and letters to rejected ppl. She never asked my name - so even if you call her to ask her questions, you don't have to identify yourself - Ie she won't know it's you pestering her ;) I don't know if she'll say anything bc she has always been pretty vague in what is going on in regards to decisions. I don't think they are supposed to tell us over the phone - that may be why Jaime doesn't say anything.

This thread is getting really depressing guys. And I'm very sorry to everyone who got a rejection letter. Will you be reapplying now or do you still have some other options?

I don't think we'll be hearing anything today. Tuesdays are typically their meeting days so maybe tomorrow?

Awww, I hope the thread isn't too depressing. I do think they meet on Tuesdays so hopefully one of us will hear something tomorrow and post the good news!!! :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Man, we really gotta find out who this lady at the "front desk" is...the chick who answers the phone. From my calls, she sounds pretty young...but she seems to be rude.

I'll share my experience with her:

My secondary was completed in October, and I assumed it was processed by at least Nov...and at LEAST coded as "COMPLETED" so that it would be sent to the Admissions Committee. However, on my vacation in NYC after christmas, I decided to check the status page...to my surprise...NOT COMPLETE! Keep in mind, that even before this, she had coded my rec letters as missing, when in fact they were all there. Anyway, I call her, and she says, "Oh, I made a mistake, i'll change it now to COMPLETED"! W/o much remorse! I was like...""WWOAAAH, so my APPL is going NOWW to the ADMIN committee...at the BOTTOM OF THE PILE, when it was completed in OCT".

I like the school, and will be attending there. But it just seems to me that one young lady needs some assistance! When im there, i'll make it my mission to find out who she is...:)

Anyone wanna share their experience with this "Front Desk Lady".

Good luck to all who are still waiting...if its any consolation, they say they have accepted people up to the day of orientation!

Hey guys, I also have to report that I have been rejected by FSU :thumbdown: . Good luck to all of you guys still in the game. I really hope you the best of luck. With many of us being rejected at this point I hope that increases your chances.

Don't feel bad for me, surprisingly, receiving the rejection didn't crush me...I simply like the emoticon... :barf:

Originally posted by Syringe3131
I like the school, and will be attending there. But it just seems to me that one young lady needs some assistance! When im there, i'll make it my mission to find out who she is...

YES! Find out who she is...and tell us all about it cuz I wanna know too! :p

And Zepp, I am REALLY sorry to hear that you were rejected. :( I hope the other school pulls through for you and good luck! :luck: :luck:

man the phones people. any calls today need to be posted, Lurkers too. I say: no news by lunch, then someone should call in.

Good luck :luck: :luck: :luck:

I'm so sorry to hear that, Zeppelin! :( But good luck with your other school. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck Zepp, you been a great help and fun to listen too....hope the other schools come through for you!!!! best of luck

So to continue on the theme of FSU disorganization. I had all my stuff in by October. I was invited for an interview in March and went. During my first interview, I was asked if I sent in the handwritten essay that was part of the secondary. I was caught off guard because this was the main part of the secondary. I told him yes and he said he would look for it after our interview. So then during my next interview which was like 5 minutes later, I was asked if I had turned in my Fall 05 grades. I was again shocked because I had sent those in January. I interviewed on a Monday and the 2nd interviewer told me they meet on Tuesday nights so I was slightly freaked because they were missing 2 key pieces of info and I had less than a day to get them. SO after both my interviews I went down and talked to Rhonda Collins and she went back and got my file and was like oh yeah here they are, I guess I forgot to include them in your files to your interviewers. Great. The day continues..I had both my interviews in the morning and afterward we were supposed to have a little talk by one of the deans...well an hour later of waiting around in that conference room, he is a no show. So they decided that waiting an hour was long enough and take us on a tour which was alright. We get back and then the guy who was supposed to show comes and seriously talks for about 30 secs and leaves. After basically sitting around for 3 hours after my interviews, I was able to leave. Let's just say, it was a weird day.

Goodness... I would have lost it.

So I guess maybe someone will get a phone call next week. :D :laugh: :laugh: :luck: :laugh: :luck: :luck:

Wait-tastic said:
Goodness... I would have lost it.

So I guess maybe someone will get a phone call next week. :D :laugh: :laugh: :luck: :laugh: :luck: :luck:

Still waiting.....I've decided to hang on to my hopes and remain on the waiting list for FSU. Is the admissions office releasing any current info regarding movement or the number of open seats???

I got a letter on the mail postmarked by May 10th. Thanks for the support guys..Don't worry about me, I'll be alright. If you haven't got anything that means you have a chance.

Good luck to all of you and let me know how it goes

Cheers.. :thumbup:

No mail today, no phone call either....has anyone decided to call the admissions office?? I never thought this wait would be so agonizing lol. At least I went to the beach today to get my mind off things :D What is everyone else doing to keep themselves occupied?

frany584 said:
No mail today, no phone call either....has anyone decided to call the admissions office?? I never thought this wait would be so agonizing lol. At least I went to the beach today to get my mind off things :D What is everyone else doing to keep themselves occupied?

"FSU is currently working on filling its' fall class, they are working through the list of applicants on hold. final letters for those remaining on hold have not been sent out yet (AKA class is full you're rejected). If you have not been contacted yet you may." I called for giggles, and took this to mean they have called some people off the list, but know ideas beyond that, and I dared not ask anything else because i knew where that would go... Uhh I don't know. I can't answer that... click

hello college of education... Uh you mean medicine right?
Ohh yes sorry I mean medicine...

No crap that happened today when I called. :laugh:

Originally posted by Wait-tastic
"FSU is currently working on filling its' fall class, they are working through the list of applicants on hold. final letters for those remaining on hold have not been sent out yet (AKA class is full you're rejected). If you have not been contacted yet you may." I called for giggles, and took this to mean they have called some people off the list, but know ideas beyond that, and I dared not ask anything else because i knew where that would go... Uhh I don't know. I can't answer that... click

I guess when they say you could be notified at the last minute, they really mean it!! lol And it worries me that the person answering the phone doesn't know what school they're working for....I guess we still have a chance but they had a meeting yesterday?? so I would imagine they sent out more rejection letters this week as well. :luck:

frany584 said:
I guess when they say you could be notified at the last minute, they really mean it!! lol And it worries me that the person answering the phone doesn't know what school they're working for....I guess we still have a chance but they had a meeting yesterday?? so I would imagine they sent out more rejection letters this week as well. :luck:

I was told via email today that some of the hold applicants may not be notified until early June......so the wait continues!!

early June...EARLY JUNE!?!?!?!?!? im guessing we would have to miss orientation....I hope we wouldn't miss classes! :eek:

frany584 said:
early June...EARLY JUNE!?!?!?!?!? im guessing we would have to miss orientation....I hope we wouldn't miss classes! :eek:

LOL!!! I thought the same thing! Hopefully the lucky students will be notified before orientation. But think about it this way, an early June acceptance is better than a Mid-May rejection :)

I just think about circus music whenever I think of FSU and this catastrophy of an admissions process. I feel sorry for everyone who has to continue to wait. Really... Why have an early start date if you can't handle the admissions process. Give yourself a couple of extra months we all know there are more than enough qualified applicants to fill the class.

I have a friend who works in the advising office who confirmed that he did see the admissions committee meeting today around 1 for about an hour. so hopefully they made some decisions finally and that someone will be getting phone calls tonight....good luck!!
:scared:

Jruoss said:
I have a friend who works in the advising office who confirmed that he did see the admissions committee meeting today around 1 for about an hour. so hopefully they made some decisions finally and that someone will be getting phone calls tonight....good luck!!
:scared:

an eye witness? whatever you do you must never leak that name. NEVER.

Student: Mrs. front desk person... what can you tell me about the ADCOMS decision on my application:

Front Desk: I can neither confirm nor deny that there is indeed an ADCOM at Florida State University, or that this possible organization may be meeting to accept students for medical school.

Student: so, people at FSU may be reading names and discussing these people in a secret meeting and the people don't have a right to know?

Front Desk: You are you? What do you know? [Pause] As for the rest of the student corp. I really don't want to grab a hold of that tar baby... I'm mean sticky situation.

Student 2: How would answer critics that FSU is having difficulties handling the increased applicant pool, what is FSU planning to do to compensate?

Front Desk: there is no problem... don't you love FSU???

:laugh:

Another day of no mail and no news...anyone else hear anything?

frany584 said:
Another day of no mail and no news...anyone else hear anything?

it may be next week or the week of. :luck:

Wait-tastic said:
hello college of education... Uh you mean medicine right?
Ohh yes sorry I mean medicine...

No crap that happened today when I called. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I needed that, thanks.

Anyway, I called today and spoke to Jamie about my status. She was really nice and looked up my file. She told me that the admissions committee is still reviewing my application (yes! I still have a chance!) and that they're making decisions on applicants everyday. The last part I'm not too sure of because the volume on my phone was going up and down during the conversation and she said that part when it was going down. But I'm pretty sure that's what she said. :confused:

Oh, and does anyone know when the first day of classes is? The FAQ on the FSU page says May 30, 2005, but I thought that was orientation.

Oh, and does anyone know when the first day of classes is? The FAQ on the FSU page says May 30, 2005, but I thought that was orientation.[/QUOTE]

classes start june 5th i believe. I'm about 90% sure.

moonstone said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I needed that, thanks.

Anyway, I called today and spoke to Jamie about my status. She was really nice and looked up my file. She told me that the admissions committee is still reviewing my application (yes! I still have a chance!) and that they're making decisions on applicants everyday. The last part I'm not too sure of because the volume on my phone was going up and down during the conversation and she said that part when it was going down. But I'm pretty sure that's what she said. :confused:

Oh, and does anyone know when the first day of classes is? The FAQ on the FSU page says May 30, 2005, but I thought that was orientation.
What number do you use to speak with Jamie??

The number for Jaime is 850-644-1857. Good luck! :luck:

A friend of my girlfriend received a call from FSU stating that she was accepted today, so I guess that they are accepting people off the waitlist now. lets cross our fingers!! good luck everyone :D

Originally posted by Jruoss
A friend of my girlfriend received a call from FSU stating that she was accepted today, so I guess that they are accepting people off the waitlist now. lets cross our fingers!! good luck everyone

That's awesome!! It's great to hear some good news!!!! :clap: :hardy:

I've been stalking this thread for a couple weeks now and today I called the office. They are reviewing applications daily and calling people for acceptances usually around lunch/mid afternoon. My application along with like 20 others are up for review tomorrow so good luck everyone.

HEY Dr. Slackpack! Welcome to the FSU thread! :p I'm sure all of us will be hearing something soon enough! :luck:

Welcome Dr. Slackpack! Hopefully you'll get some good news tomorrow. :luck:

Hi, I was notified by phone of my acceptance yesterday. I have decided to decline. I hope one of you gets it. I wish you guys all the best. Good Luck!

swfla said:
Hi, I was notified by phone of my acceptance yesterday. I have decided to decline. I hope one of you gets it. I wish you guys all the best. Good Luck!

I just got off the phone with Jamie and I was accepted this morning!!! They are going to overnight the acceptance letter and all that good stuff. Hopefully you all will be as lucky! pm me if you have any other questions. good luck and thanks for the support everyone :D

Jruoss said:
I just got off the phone with Jamie and I was accepted this morning!!! They are going to overnight the acceptance letter and all that good stuff. Hopefully you all will be as lucky! pm me if you have any other questions. good luck and thanks for the support everyone :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D :D :D :thumbup:

At last, the good news is starting to come in. Good luck everyone! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Jruoss said:

Congrats! So great to see someone accepted finally :thumbup:

I just got the call!!! I have been accepted to FSU!!! :D
I had almost given up hope. To you guys still waiting, stay positive!

docturk said:
I just got the call!!! I have been accepted to FSU!!! :D
I had almost given up hope. To you guys still waiting, stay positive!

Congrats Docturk....they are really shooting through the waitlist now... i guess that's what happens when you wait this long...good luck to everyone else.

Jruoss said:
Congrats Docturk....they are really shooting through the waitlist now... i guess that's what happens when you wait this long...good luck to everyone else.
What are you planning on doing about housing???

I'M IN TOO!!!!! :D :D :D

*hyperventilates* I'm in! Omg, I can't believe it!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE STILL WAITING. :luck: :luck: :luck:

moonstone said:
I'M IN TOO!!!!! :D :D :D

*hyperventilates* I'm in! Omg, I can't believe it!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE STILL WAITING. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Congrats!!! See ya at orientation!!!!!

docturk said:
Congrats!!! See ya at orientation!!!!!

Thanks! Congrats to you too! And I can't wait for orientation but first - I need a place to live.

moonstone said:
Thanks! Congrats to you too! And I can't wait for orientation but first - I need a place to live.
ME TOO!!!! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS?

Congratulations to all of you guys! I'm so happy for everyone :clap: