data shows that AA does actually stimulate to go and service the inner city. AA has been around for a while, w/ little scrutiny from the legislators (that you voted in). some states have tackled it, but those states really do not present a great amount of the groups we are talking about in this forum.
I am an ORM, just like you, that immigrated here. I can tell you that it takes time, effort and money to get to this country and become a citizen. Most people who come here from asia are usually in the higher income levels of their country. I said most. I am sorry if you are not one of them. I do believe that, we may, see movements to tackle financial factors in the future.
And finally, let's be real. the amount of blacks and hispanics applying are not comparable to the amount of asians and indians. asians make up very small amount of our population, yet take a high number of seats in medical school. Anyone but ORMs applying to medical school would say that that is not fair. We want our services to be competent, but also to be a reflection of our communities. Take a moment to think what if this was your native country. I remember going to a baseball game in Japan and saw them bench a black baseball player because he was about to get 6 hits (hurting the baseball team).
I understand that it seems unfair to individuals at times, but, as a country, we need to stimulate our economy by targeting all groups and areas. AA does a good job of diversifying. If you just ask people a few questions, you will see why it is necessary. No matter what you think, Asians and caucasians really do not get excited about going to work in inner cities. Living in Philadelphia, this has been pretty obvious to me. You can also see the amount of "hate" Temple gets on SDN just for being in a "bad' area.
Diversity - specifically the potential of all groups to succeed - is one of the reasons that attracted myparents here. Qualified applicants all get in one time or another and I kinda like it the way it is.