Fun thread: What are three significant things that are not in any of your application materials (no bragging)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lol no guys
It’s scallops/salmon/otherfish/oysters/other>>>>> eel
Ok I will say oysters are amazing. But nah eel is top fish sushi wise. Catfish or flounder for normal seafood. Then oysters are its own category lol

Reactions: 1 user
Ok I will say oysters are amazing. But nah eel is top fish sushi wise. Catfish or flounder for normal seafood. Then oysters are its own category lol

Oysters are the god tier of seafood.
as well as uni (not something one can have regularly $$$$ but yum!

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah those arrows are directional. As in all those others point to how awesome eel is.

Ok it’s really

Oysters
Lobsters
Scallops
Salmon
Fish
Shrimp etc
Seaweed
Water
Other ocean paraphernalia

Eel

• Angry
Yeah those arrows are directional. As in all those others point to how awesome eel is.
The arrow points to the smaller one.

Y’know, for a math major you would think you would know your basic expressions of inequality #noob

• Haha
This is whole conversation is mussel erasure. One of the best seafood dishes I ever had was musssels with chorizo in a beer broth.

Reactions: 1 users
1) Physical traits ( like mentioned above): permanent under-eye shadows that I normally cover with makeup during professional/formal occasions. I like to cover them on the daily, too, but only with a touch of makeup so I don't look *Too* different. I'm trying eye creams.
2) I love following TV shows, it's honestly a hobby. Law and Order SVU and The Good Doctor ( I know,I know) as of now.
3)Literally my entire extended family lives in Asia except for like, two uncles ( dad's side, once removed). They're the only family I have in the US besides direct family members.

Reactions: 2 users
Ok it’s really

Oysters
Lobsters
Scallops
Salmon
Fish
Shrimp etc
Seaweed
Water
Other ocean paraphernalia

Eel
NAHHHHHH
Oysters
Lobster
Crab
Catfish/Flounder
anything else
Water

Scallops

This is whole conversation is mussel erasure. One of the best seafood dishes I ever had was musssels with chorizo in a beer broth.

Beer broth sounds questionable

Members don't see this ad :)
NAHHHHHH
Oysters
Lobster
Crab
Catfish/Flounder
anything else
Water

Scallops

How can anyone possibly hate on scallops! Wow. That’s a new one. :laugh:
Pan seared scallops need zero seasoning. Super easy and delicious. They caramelize on their own

• Haha
1) Physical traits ( like mentioned above): permanent under-eye shadows that I normally cover with makeup during professional/formal occasions. I like to cover them on the daily, too, but only with a touch of makeup so I don't look *Too* different. I'm trying eye creams.
2) I love following TV shows, it's honestly a hobby. Law and Order SVU and The Good Doctor ( I know,I know) as of now.
3)Literally my entire extended family lives in Asia except for like, two uncles ( dad's side, once removed). They're the only family I have in the US besides direct family members.

Im the same way with TV shows. My girlfriend gets me into these stupid chick flicks like Jane the virgin and I am hooked. SMFH. Also under your profile pic the -_- face, that's hilarious.

How can anyone possibly hate on scallops! Wow. That’s a new one. :laugh:
Pan seared scallops need zero seasoning. Super easy and delicious. They caramelize on their own
I swear whenever I get scallops somewhere they are either just OK or horrible. Never reliable

I swear whenever I get scallops somewhere they are either just OK or horrible. Never reliable

True. They are usually super overpriced as well. But if you make them at home, they only take like 5-10 min to make and far more delicious.

Same. Jane the Virgin, Gossip Girl, Lucifer and Niptuck are great.
Lmao my GF is also making me watch Lucifer with her, and she was HOOKED on Jane the Virgin. I accidentally spoiled the part where she gets asked to get married bc I saw it coming a mile away, but she didn't :laugh:

1.) my family used to foster dogs, we probably had 80-100 dogs come through our house when I was growing up

2.) I have aphantasia, which means I don’t have a functional minds eye and can’t form mental pictures.

3.) I’ve been to every continent except for Antarctica

There no merging

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Okeydoke. How is this: Someone shares their three facts, we can have a brief discussion then we done?

Also, it is mostly nonsense but compound inequalities are a thing and I was just trying to help my buddy out in the argument lol

Nah I’m not going to merge it unless it goes completely into just socializing.

And I’m a mathematician. I know what compound inequalities are. I said it’s nonsense because that up there is not what a compound inequality is lol.

@Orangekiwi could you ever have been a dentist if you wanted to? I think there’s a section that tests spatial orientation on the DAT
I have no idea, I never really gave it all that much thought. I think about things either through words or through abstract connections that they make with their forms, or something I don’t really know how to describe it. I think that the limited studies on people with aphantasia have shown their actually better at spatial reasoning because we don’t have to visualize an object to translate it, we just kinda know how and where it would move through space but don’t quote me on that

I have no idea, I never really gave it all that much thought. I think about things either through words or through abstract connections that they make with their forms, or something I don’t really know how to describe it. I think that the limited studies on people with aphantasia have shown their actually better at spatial reasoning because we don’t have to visualize an object to translate it, we just kinda know how and where it would move through space but don’t quote me on that

Just looked into it a little. One study showed no difference and one small case study showed only a difference in the most difficult tasks requiring the highest degree of vividness.

Same. I wonder how did you do Ochem @Orangekiwi?
To actually answer this question, I got really good at figuring out how and why electrons moved how they do, and would try to solve problems by asking myself where the electrons were gonna go instead of just applying reaction types. Dunno if that makes sense, but that’s how I always thought about it

To actually answer this question, I got really good at figuring out how and why electrons moved how they do, and would try to solve problems by asking myself where the electrons were gonna go instead of just applying reaction types. Dunno if that makes sense, but that’s how I always thought about it

That’s how I thought about it too. And I have very vivid mental imagery. The brain is so weird.

That’s how I thought about it too. And I have very vivid mental imagery. The brain is so weird.
Again, same. I got really good with know how and why electrons do what they do, but I just closed my eyes and ‘saw’ it as opposed to describing it?

Not just # of reviewS haha but usually Reviews should be thorough and of descriptive. Spell check it and etc bc once you submit it, you cant fix it and then you have to email the restaurant telling them about your mistake (just kidding ;) -srry lame AMCAS joke haha

But yeah I do love exploring new places/food so I make an effort to share my experiences and also keep tabs on places i want to try.
Also, elite members get invites to yelp events which have free food plus drinks to promote new venues! Free food Always a plus i think:)
How long did it take you to become elite?

1) My dog is like my child. She 100% thinks she's human (and smarter than us). She also has addison's disease, which always confuses people doctors.
2) My first "solid" food was sushi. It wasn't planned, but I haven't stopped eating it since.
3) I've served as a personal stylist for an awards show viewing / after party.