Funding for international students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsforever

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I just got selected to the dental school and am looking for ways to get funding to pay for the school. Does anyone know how to get funding if you are an international student? I suppose we can only apply for private loans and that too needs a US Cosigner.
Can anyone help who has gone through the process?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,
I just got selected to the dental school and am looking for ways to get funding to pay for the school. Does anyone know how to get funding if you are an international student? I suppose we can only apply for private loans and that too needs a US Cosigner.

Hey,

You should definitely contact your dental school's financial advisor. There might be scholarships/grants that you qualify for. If not, he/she will be able to direct you to some other outsider funding sources.

Not very many schools offer scholarships/grants for international students (or for any dental student for that matter), so it's not gonig to be an easy process. Good luck. :):D:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm in the same situation rite now too. thing with me is the school doesn't have too many canadians and are not too familiar with the canadians. if anyone has any info or if the canadians out there have any advice please post and help us....

v all need help with loans here.. so someone with experience pls do help bout the procedure of loans for international students... how to go about it nd which is the best place to get loan from...lookin forward to some help out here...

wait guys the schools usually come out with a list of preferred lenders whom u can contact to apply for loan mostly they have thier customer care centres where u can just call and they guide u thru wht all u need. Better if u know any senior student already in your school of acceptance call them and ask about the lenders