funky GWU email???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pinki

Sassy Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got a funky (not spunky!) letter from GWU via email, requesting I bring with me to my interview a detailed description of what I did from May 1993 until November of 1993 - :confused: 9 years ago!!!!!!!! :confused:

My interview is on Tuesday, and I fly out on Monday, so I can't call Darrell at this hour for details of what they want exactly.

Honestly, during that 6 months a long, long time ago I was in a galaxy far far away - I had just graduated from college and was temping as a writer for a political consulting firm.

I'm not perplexed as to what to write - more curious as to why they are so curious about that particular 6 months!

Members don't see this ad.

Did you account for those 6 months in your secondary? They probably just want an explanation for a post-graduation gap..nothing to worry about in my opinion..

good luck!:)

I agree with Maple. Just explain what you were doing and why. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the same request from GWU only two days before my interview. I didn't have time to finish it before I left, so I asked Darrell if I could mail it to them after the interview. That was fine with him, so I sent the description to the admissions office by priority mail as soon as I got back.

yah...GWU has been sending out these stranges emails right before people interview.

for me, it was a request for my us citizenship paper/passport. HUH?

Both of these situations are probably pretty positive. Finding yourself, doing a different type of job after graduation is ok. Sitting around, hitting the bong and eating cheetos is not. They just want an explanation.

The second case, they probably were curious about something in the app and they just want to make sure you're not deported in the middle of first year. (I saw this happen to a surgery resident.)

mike