Funny Doctor Names

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GMO2003

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I remember this thread circulating several months ago but couldn't find it...I think I'll revive it and breath new life into it... :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Dr Wallet

Dr. Fine

Dr. Pain or Payne

Dr. Fee
Dr. Moneymaker
Dr. Doctor
Dr. Bones
Dr. Hartman (cardiology)
Dr. Gutman (pathology)
Dr. Rash (dermatology)
Dr. Lazer (ophthalmology)
Dr. Winer (pediatrics)
Dr. Nutt (psychiatry)

These are all real names. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Dr Slaughter (so glad he's not in surgery, but nonetheless)

julestx said:
Dr Slaughter (so glad he's not in surgery, but nonetheless)
Dr. Old (geriatrician). Nicest guy in the world, by the way!

I work with a Dr. Wiwi, obgyn :p

Oh yeah, and in med school I worked with a plastic surgeon, Dr. Rak (pronounced rack). Sadly, it took me several days to see the humor in that :)

Dr Wank (Periodontist)
Dr. Cutting (Plastic Surgeon)

:)

Dr. Doom

Dr. Koerner, pronounced Coroner. He's my FP doc.

Three that spring to mind:

1) I graduated with Dr. Hu (think sci-fi)
2) I've seen a business card for a Dr. Cockburn, a Urologist in St. Petersburg, FL
3) Had a Dr. Beaver in CT Surg at my med school (absolutely no comment, other than to say he clearly missed his calling)

G'ville Nole said:
Had a Dr. Beaver in CT Surg at my med school (absolutely no comment, other than to say he clearly missed his calling)

Believe it or not, there is a real Dr. Harry Beaver, OB/Gyn. It must be fate. ;)

Dr. Wiener (and he pronounced it the oscar meyer way)

Dr. Luke Whitecell, pediatric hematologist (I may have misspelled the last name, but that is how he pronounced it).

I worked with a surgical resident named Dr. Schochet, which he told us was Yiddish for "ritual slaughterer".

Dr. Fillerup-Ob/Gyn

his last name was Doctor. "Paging Dr. Doctor"

Dr Cleairville........sounds like "clear view"..It would be really neat if he was an opthamologist, however he is an ear, nose, and throat doctor.

He actaully thought about becoming an opthamologist too :)

(sorry about the spelling)

dr. head......who knows, maybe his wife's maiden name is dr. give....

I know a urologist named Dr. Blackstone.

Dr. Pancake (ENT)

There's a Dr. Funk (ob/gyn) at our school

Dr. Murder (actually in Germany, written Moerder)- female pathologist

I also know a Dr. Doctor (FP).
Dr. Carver - he was a forensic pathologist who did autopsies. My parents found it funny and I didn't intially pick up on the humor...but once I did, it always made me smile.

In first year, had Dr. Richard Zeamen teach the male anatomy.

There was a girl at my medical school a couple years younger than me with the last name Doktor.

And I used to work at a grocery store with a guy named Bill Hirt. He swore his dad was a urologist named Richard (think about it). Never confirmed it, but he said it was true.

I have met a Dr. Swallow, Dr. Spitz and Dr. Blow all working for the same hospital.

undecided3yr said:
I have met a Dr. Swallow, Dr. Spitz and Dr. Blow all working for the same hospital.

I know of a Dr. Suks (pronounced sucks).

Dr. Hine (GI)
Dr. Rickett (Orthopod)

So far...Dr. Harry Beaver (OB/GYN) from Charlottesville, VA is the winner hands down...gotta love that $h!t...I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face...and now I'd like to bring to the podium the key note speaker for this years's annual clinical assembly of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology...your favority OB/GYN and mine...heeerrrrrrrrrree's "Dr. Harry Beaver!" :thumbup: :laugh:

My dad has some friends with great names (not docs as far as I know, but truly great names). For example:
Richard (Dick) Head - I think he may actually be a FP doc
Harry Butts
Richard (Dick) Little - just imagine being in the teacher's grade book in school
and of course Dick's sons
Peter Head
Peter Little (again think about the grade book)

Funny but true

My roomate in medical school was Karen Boyle...she decided that she was going into Urology during the 4th year. I gave her a sideways look....."so are you still planning on hyphenating your name when you get married?"
She replied "Yes"
"Hmmm....so you will be Dr. Boyle-Cocks the Urologist?"

She never did marry the guy..not sure if this is why.

Dr. Funk-Plastic Surgeon

APACHE3 said:
his last name was Doctor. "Paging Dr. Doctor"

Is he an ENT now? we have a Dr. Doctor here.
Also, dr. Tears an optho.

I was interviewed for med school by Dr. Pleasure :rolleyes:

This thread reminded me of a story from 14 years ago. The orthopedic surgeon in town was talking about how, almost 20 years prior to that, everyone would take a turn working in this tiny, rural ED. One night, this orthopedist said, a man came in with his foreskin stuck in his zipper. This doctor had the triage information, and walked in (and this is verbatim - and it IS his name) and said, "Good evening, sir, I'm Dr. Dick - how can I help you?", and the anguished man says, "Man, this is no time for jokes!"

Dr Fuq (high risk ob- pronounced fyook but it's high risk if you mispronouce it)
Dr No (ER resident)
Dr Kwack (Renal Fellow)
Dr Butt (transplant surgeon)

Dr. Rambo -- a skinny middle-aged but very talented neurosurgeon

Dr. Hu (Who)

Dr. Pepper (a residency classmate and good friend of mine)

A classmate of mine named Peter Yu (forgive me Pete... the devil made me do it)... never saw him EVER use just his first initial on anything.

And a resident in my program was actually mentioned on Jay Leno... her maiden name was Duit (do it) and she married a guy named Quewt (sp? - cute). Imagine that for a hyphenated name.

Surgeon - Dr. Cutter
Trauma Surgeon - Dr. Measles (wrong specialty maybe?)
FP doc - Dr. Shoop

hey, this is fun!!! I could go on and on and on....

Dr. Fryer - a psychiatrist who specializes in electroconvulsive therapy