You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Funny Doctor Names
Started by GMO2003
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Not a doc, but I've met a realtor named Richard Berst. Went by Dick.
Knew a German language professor who went by "Mr. Ball," instead of using the german title "Herr"
Dr. Au, of ScutMonkey, is an anesthesiology resident and pronounces her name 'ow.'
Knew a German language professor who went by "Mr. Ball," instead of using the german title "Herr"
Dr. Au, of ScutMonkey, is an anesthesiology resident and pronounces her name 'ow.'
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ekydrd said:Just read a transcription from a radiologist - Dr. Seow (say-ow)
I had a vietnamese calssmate in high school whose name was Phuc Yu (pronounced Fook -- like "Food" with a "K"). No joke. Don't know if he became a doctor...
Here are some from CCHS:
Dr. Butt - GI
Dr. Axe - Ortho
Dr. Blatt - Heme/Onc
Dr. Goodspeed - Ob
Dr. Little - Path
Dr. Boyle and Dr. Weiner - Cards (wrong specialties?)
We have two residents with good names - Dr. Ghetto (inner-city ED?), and Dr. Gentle...
Dr. Butt - GI
Dr. Axe - Ortho
Dr. Blatt - Heme/Onc
Dr. Goodspeed - Ob
Dr. Little - Path
Dr. Boyle and Dr. Weiner - Cards (wrong specialties?)
We have two residents with good names - Dr. Ghetto (inner-city ED?), and Dr. Gentle...
Dr. Gash, neurosurgeon in Austin, TX (would have made a good trauma surgeon)
Dr. Slaughter (EM)
Dr. Soumi (IM) pronounced "sue me"
Dr. Soumi (IM) pronounced "sue me"
res-2007 said:I saw an OB/Gyn on the news this am.
She was emphasizing the importance of exercise during pregnancy.
I almost choked on my tea when I saw her last name.
It's Dr. Hymen.

I swear I am NOT making this up...a classmate of mine is going to be Dr. Harry DeButts...
Dr. Terdiman-- one of my GI professors.... not kidding.
dr. fix -- plastic surgery
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
M
MSc44
Dr anelik (colon and rectal) sounds like anal lick
Dr. Slaughter (Family Med)
Dr. Bonebrake (General Surg)
Not that her name is naturally funny, but one of my friend's OBGYN is named Dr. Win. The funny part being that my friend calls her "OB-Win-Gyn-OB" (i.e., OB1-Kenobi).
Dr. Bonebrake (General Surg)
Not that her name is naturally funny, but one of my friend's OBGYN is named Dr. Win. The funny part being that my friend calls her "OB-Win-Gyn-OB" (i.e., OB1-Kenobi).
Richard 'Dick' Chopp Urologist. Austin, Texas.
I remember this thread circulating several months ago but couldn't find it...I think I'll revive it and breath new life into it... 👍
Take a look at the jaw-dropping book, "Americas's Dumbest Doctors." There's a whole chapter of hilarious surnames, i.e. Dr Donald Duckles.
Have to call B.S. on this.I have met a Dr. Swallow, Dr. Spitz and Dr. Blow all working for the same hospital.
I worked with a guy named...
Dr. Phil Good
He was a great and compassionate Doc. His name was appropriate
Dr. Phil Good
He was a great and compassionate Doc. His name was appropriate
Similar threads
- Question
- Replies
- 52
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 41
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 4K
D