Funny Doctor Names

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dr. Bobby Blowass-resident in surgery in the Chicagoland area.

Members don't see this ad.

I knew a guy in medical school: his name was Harry Hoar (pronounce *****). He poked fun at his own name regularly. Good sport.

Paging Dr. Hoar, Dr. Harry Hoar......sounds so wrong.

Not a funny doctor name, but a funny patient name I got a cross cover call on...

Harry Tiger

:laugh:

Also had a Dr. Pepper in IM

Also a peds Dr. Asswad (pronounced ah-swad, but of course my classmate presenting during peds rounds made sure he said Dr. Ass-wad multiple times in the HPI). For some reason I was the only one laughing my ass off. No one else seemed to get it while my face was tomato red and tearing profusely.

DR Alter : a urologic plastic surgeon= sex change doctor

gaspassernyc said:
DR Alter : a urologic plastic surgeon= sex change doctor

I met a internation student who unfortunately translated his name as Butt.

Dr. Kill (co-resident)
Dr. Ho (med school classmate)

Exgirl friends gyno.....Dr Clap, I made fun of her every time she told me she was going home from SIU to see her doctor.

blaze1306 said:
Exgirl friends gyno.....Dr Clap, I made fun of her every time she told me she was going home from SIU to see her doctor.

Bet I could figure out why she's yer ex!

remedios said:
I met a internation student who unfortunately translated his name as Butt.

I worked with an international resident whose last name actually IS "Butt," which was weird because she's Indian (dots, not feathers), and that seems like a pretty much non-Indian-sounding name.

Before medical school, I worked in market research for a company whose clients were big pharma companies. Our niche was focus groups and interviews with various health professionals, including physicians, so we subscribed to a database service of something like 600,000 US physicians. Since there was a lot of downtime and I'm a huge nerd, I started searching for and compiling funny physician names, hoping that one day, someone on SDN would post such a thread and I could finally use these great names. Here goes.

Stokes Dickins
Harold Cox (too easy, but it’s there. He’s a family doc from AL)
Ellen Kookier, psychiatrist
Mark Titi (OB/GYN from the bronx)
Richard Dicker, a ped from NJ

lovely political correctness.
bhat or bhatt (and sometimes muslim people use "butt" b/c they don't realize the english meaning of it) is a very indian and pakistani last name. by the way, no "dots" if they're pakistani. ;)

cchoukal said:
I worked with an international resident whose last name actually IS "Butt," which was weird because she's Indian (dots, not feathers), and that seems like a pretty much non-Indian-sounding name.

cchoukal said:

Before medical school, I worked in market research for a company whose clients were big pharma companies. Our niche was focus groups and interviews with various health professionals, including physicians, so we subscribed to a database service of something like 600,000 US physicians. Since there was a lot of downtime and I'm a huge nerd, I started searching for and compiling funny physician names, hoping that one day, someone on SDN would post such a thread and I could finally use these great names. Here goes.

Stokes Dickins
Harold Cox (too easy, but it’s there. He’s a family doc from AL)
Ellen Kookier, psychiatrist
Mark Titi (OB/GYN from the bronx)
Richard Dicker, a ped from NJ

Dr. "Dick" Dicker :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TheWowEffect said:
Dr Diksh*t ... no kidding..its a very common indian last name...!!

My med school's library is called BB "dik****" library, and it has a big fountain in front of it too, shaped like a volcano.

Dr. Snatch - he wasn't OB/GYN but I still thought it was pretty funny

Dr. Bore - Internal medicine (of course)

Dr. Goo= Gastroenterologist

Dr. Posthumous, pulmonolgy (should have been path)

We have a Dr. Dick as well, she's ob-gyn. Maybe she's confused.

I was just on a GI rotation and had a pt, Mr. Butt - no joke.
Also have a Dr. Proctor - gastroenterologist.

Dr. Hurt, anesthesia. Williamsburg, VA.

Dr. Apgar, Obstetrician in Maryland.

Dr. Bonebrake (ortho)
Dr. Brain (psych)
Dr. Shook (neuro)

Dr. Pepper and Dr. Apgar aren't outrageous. Virginia Apgar, an anesthesiologist, came up with the APGAR score, and Dr. Pepper (the soda) was named after the physician from UVA. Just a little trivia. ;)

Dr. MRSA ( prob. spelled Mirsa)

--internal medicine, I think.

Another Dr Butt (he's actually gastro and does recieve many consults). :laugh: it never gets old, to me.

GMO2003 said:
I remember this thread circulating several months ago but couldn't find it...I think I'll revive it and breath new life into it... :thumbup:

Urology resident back when I was a resident:

Dick Steehle

The head of one of the local ED's- Dr. Leach (To quote him: "Sounds like the bloodsucking parasite, but spelled differently." According to some he has the personality of one too....but I happen to think he's an awesome doc)

One of our general surgeons who takes trauma call: Dr. Slaughter
An FP doc I met: Dr. Dedman

This isn't a funny name, but it was used in a funny way -
I once scrubbed in on a pedi surg case with a mentor, who was collaborating with a neurosurgeon named Dr. Anderson on another case later that day.

My mentor spent the whole time in the OR talking about "Dr. Anderson" in the voice of Agent Smith in The Matrix. I nearly contaminated the field, I was laughing so hard.

Not sure if this is an actual physician's name, but I was leaving the parking ramp at the hospital today and saw the following license plate:

TRD MAN

Gastroenterologist?

Richard Tapper, MD...... urology, Toledo Ohio..... I **** you not!

There is a medicine resident where I go to school named Dr. Tinguely (pronounced tingly). His wife is an OB/GYN resident, but she kept her maiden name professionally.

Anesthesiologist - Dr. Killer
I couldnt help but laugh inside everytime I saw his name!!

There's an IM doc in Toledo named Dr. Blood.

My FP when I was a kid was Dr. Hu (who?)

I worked with a Russian postdoc in a lab before med school who's last name was Vagina (pronounced va-GEE-na). They didn't believe me when I handed her passport to the clerk at the social security office. They also didn't believe me when I ordered the nameplate for the lab door. Dr. Vagina was clueless.

Haven't read through the entire thread to see if this was already listed.

We have a Dr. Gore who is a trauma surgeon

Dr. Billions, radiologist; Birmingham, AL

Tae Kwon, DO

Ok, ok, I just made that one up..haha.

Dr. Dick Stiff, he is an ob/gyn

I saw a sign on a door for a Dr. Surgeon, Internal Medicine.

I was friends with a girl in undergrad who ended up going to med school on the west coast. She got married to a Mr. Slaughter and became Mrs. Slaughter during med school... will be Dr. Slaughter this June.

Not sure what specialty she ended up going into after all, but fortunately, I don't think it was surgery! :laugh:

Dr. **** peds

Dr. Hanscum OBGYN

also a couple of Dr. Orth's (orthopedic surgeons) here in kansas city

There's a Dr. Payne and a Dr. Death (pronounced deeth) at our school.

I remembered this thread after coming across a Dr. *****. :scared:

In Toledo:
Urologist Richard Tapper, and yes, he truly (no BS) went by Dick, rather than Richard.

Ann Arbor - first name of Surgeon is Haskell, goes by Hack for short.

DistantMets said:
There's an IM doc in Toledo named Dr. Blood.

My FP when I was a kid was Dr. Hu (who?)

I worked with a Russian postdoc in a lab before med school who's last name was Vagina (pronounced va-GEE-na). They didn't believe me when I handed her passport to the clerk at the social security office. They also didn't believe me when I ordered the nameplate for the lab door. Dr. Vagina was clueless.

I've heard of a Dr. Manlove, psychiatry at my school.

I had a Rheumatolgy professor named Dr. Wolf (hint lupus).