Funny how most of the people posting scores of 23+...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddfafari

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
usually have between 1-5 prior posts on SDN. Either:

a) these are people making up new usernames and posting ridiculously high scores to intimidate everyone - or -

b) these are people who have spent less time on SDN and actually studied.

What do you all think?

Members don't see this ad.

hahah i think SDN is just addicting. it replaces the myspaces and facebook breaks that people take when they are studying :) just a theory!

cocokeala said:
hahah i think SDN is just addicting. it replaces the myspaces and facebook breaks that people take when they are studying :) just a theory!

man...SDN is soooooooooooo addictive!!!!
its in my favorite shortcut now lol
btw this dat forum really helps, i always come and
look for new problems while studying. keep up the
good work guys!

in my case, my first post were my scores. i have been reading the posts by other sdners. they were encouraging and helpful so i wanted to thank/share my scores with others and be helpful like others were for me. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't mind seeing such high scores every day...but it would be nice to actually post some feedback along with those scores. Comments from previous test takers really helped me along.

Like so:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=276023

Break everything down, don't just post your 25+ that just scares most people. I challenge any future DAT score posters to make an account longer than mine (posted above). It would help out all those July/August takers more than you might guess.

Good luck to all the future DAT takers out there!!

I don't particularly mind that people are posting 23+ scores. Whether they are real or not, seeing those numbers semi-intimidates me which forces me study harder.

So thanks to all of you real/non-real 23+ scorers. Great job!!! You certainly are raising the bar for us normal folk :laugh:

what a dumb ass think and waste of time to lie
i guess there are a lot of 23+ in this cycle.

But do not worry it woul donly be like 15 people so far in sdn...
we'll see

ddsjymaeng said:
what a dumb ass think and waste of time to lie
RockstarDMD said:
I think some are real and some are exaggerated.
Still, seeing 23+ across the board makes me shake and quiver in fear considering most schools I'm applying to say anything above 17 is considered "really good". If people are gonna BS DAT scores, people will probably BS ECs and shadowing.

I agree with prez-al.

Most schools state that 17-18 is competitive. Some schools even have a pdf of their last few years graduates grades on their website. Even a good school like UIC has an AVERAGE of about 18 acccording to their pdf., which means there must be many (if not necessarily half ) getting in with lower scores than that.

My vast experience with "The Internets" hasled me to believe that some of the people on this forum might be less than honest about their scores.

I mean, the anonymity combined with the intense amount of pressure could drive people to lie.

SkiBabeUSF said:
I don't particularly mind that people are posting 23+ scores. Whether they are real or not, seeing those numbers semi-intimidates me which forces me study harder.

So thanks to all of you real/non-real 23+ scorers. Great job!!! You certainly are raising the bar for us normal folk :laugh:

I'm with you on this one... there may be those out there that lie about their scores, but the irony of it is that it just makes all the rest of us work that much harder and hopefully surpass their true scores... ;)

Granted there might be a person here or there that lies, but what do they really have to gain? Maybe stress out a few predents, I don't know how that's in any way beneficial to them or that harmful to us. Like tom_servo_dds said, it only makes predents want to study harder and thus do better. It's not like it's going to convince any predents to not apply to schools because they see some high scores, and if they do, then those predents are so unmotivated and probably wouldn't have been accepted anyway.

tom_servo_dds said:
I'm with you on this one... there may be those out there that lie about their scores, but the irony of it is that it just makes all the rest of us work that much harder and hopefully surpass their true scores... ;)
The "SDN freak-out study plan" worked for me ;)

thehipster said:
Granted there might be a person here or there that lies, but what do they really have to gain? Maybe stress out a few predents, I don't know how that's in any way beneficial to them or that harmful to us. Like tom_servo_dds said, it only makes predents want to study harder and thus do better. It's not like it's going to convince any predents to not apply to schools because they see some high scores, and if they do, then those predents are so unmotivated and probably wouldn't have been accepted anyway.

I think their plan is to try and discourage some applicants, who knows if they are truly succeeding. However, I highly doubt it. The funny thing is adcoms peruse these forums. If they are lying there are starting off on the wrong foot.

Guys,
I am dead honest about my scores, I would not lie abou them. I studied my tail off in undergrad and for the DAT, sometimes 12 or 13 hours a day. Minnesota is a hard school to get into, 3.65 cumulative and 19 academic average. I really want to go there and now I should be able to, if thats what the big man has planned. I posted a few times before the test about questions I had. Dental school is competitive now that those who dont get into med school apply with great grades and such. Some lie, most are real.