Funny interview travel stories

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calipremed5768

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Hotel lady “thanks have a good stay at the hotel”

Me: “You too”

I imagine the interview tomorrow will be even more awkward

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 31 users
You keep me alive Cali

Reactions: 14 users
Three times in Philadelphia airport I got asked if I was Carson Wentz (Eagles QB). Besides us both having red hair there isn’t much similarity.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Three times in Philadelphia airport I got asked if I was Carson Wentz (Eagles QB). Besides us both having red hair there isn’t much similarity.

Is it just me or does he look EXACTLY like Prince Harry?

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 2.54.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-02 at 2.54.47 PM.png

Prince Harry (Left) and Carson Wentz (Right)

Let's take a vote:

Love = Definitely Look alike
Like = Kind of Look alike
Angry = Don't Look alike

• Angry
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
@MemeLord was right about bartenders though. Tfw give a 15 dollar tip for 10 dollars worth of drinks because she’s the only cute girl who has shown any interest (albeit insincere) in months

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
@MemeLord was right about bartenders though. Tfw give a 15 dollar tip for 10 dollars worth of drinks because she’s the only cute girl who has shown any interest (albeit insincere) in months

If only your pick up game were as strong as your SDN game.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
You'd be surprised what a few hundred thousand applications will do to a person.

I’m pretty good at grammar when it comes to concrete mechanics such as “affect/effect”, “Me/I”, “was/were”, etc. But I struggle with sentence structure in terms of having run-on sentences and tend to be redundant in my wording sometimes.

Reactions: 6 users
I’m pretty good at grammar when it comes to concrete mechanics such as “affect/effect”, “Me/I”, “was/were”, etc. But I struggle with sentence structure in terms of having run-on sentences and tend to be redundant in my wording sometimes.
Most successful candidates share this failing.

Reactions: 5 users
You'd be surprised what a few hundred thousand applications will do to a person.

I get irked by this online. Couldn’t imagine.

Do you get a lot of the “I seen..” when describing stuff? Drives me insane.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Haha I’m heading back down to the bar now. I’ll post a pic of receipt if I decide to do it again. @Goro said it’s not good to overrehearse so I’ll just catch a buzz instead at the hotel bar

• Haha
  • Wow
Most successful candidates share this failing.

My 9th grade biology teacher would severely mark your grade down if your answers were not 100% thorough. It made me a very verbose person. In fact, my cell bio lab professor two years ago said “You need to stop rambling in your quizzes. You don’t have to repeat basic facts that are understood.”

Reactions: 1 users
On the plane back from Baltimore there were only 10 or so of us for the whole plane. Everyone got to move around, like having a private jet. It was great :laugh:

I’m surprised more people aren’t trying to get out of Baltimore

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
I’m surprised more people aren’t trying to get out of Baltimore
The Raleigh-Durham area may not be the first place to pop into the heads of people wanting to leave Baltimore lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Some bald old dude wearing a make America great head hat on is drinking a Budweiser but is also with a hot blonde single mom. Either she’s a professional or I’m doing something very very wrong srs. And no he’s not rich.

I know I'm being played, but it's still a fun game.
So, the part you quoted is highlighted blue in the quote and when you click the blue I pop up. Am I the only cute girl who has given Cali attention....?

• Haha
Some bald old dude wearing a make America great head hat on is drinking a Budweiser but is also with a hot blonde single mom. Either she’s a professional or I’m doing something very very wrong srs. And no he’s not rich.

How can you know this?

Because I’m at a bar and she’s mentioning how her kid is with her boyfriend

He is talking about splitting the bill

The Raleigh-Durham area may not be the first place to pop into the heads of people wanting to leave Baltimore lol.

Out of curiosity, are you planning to interview 23 times while still attending school? Or are you in a gap year?

$15 tip??? We have the $1 rule in these ends.

Out of curiosity, are you planning to interview 23 times while still attending school? Or are you in a gap year?
Current senior. It's rough but I was able to move things around to only do 9 hours, all online this semester lol.

Reactions: 3 users
Wonder what 100 would get me in “your ends” :unsure:
You're not going to find any serious relationships with your dating tactics.

Join a club/religious group of your interest and find a nice gal to befriend. If you enjoy each other's company consider asking her out.

>Sits at hotel bar to socialize before interview
>Rapid-fire SDN posts in lieu of human contact

• Haha
Reactions: 22 users
I did and it worked but my ex broke my heart :cigar::boom::boom:

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
You're not going to find any serious relationships with your dating tactics.

Join a club/religious group of your interest and find a nice gal to befriend. If you enjoy each other's company consider asking her out.

You're making assumptions . . .

I did and it worked but my ex broke my heart :cigar::boom::boom:
Sorry CPM. My DMs are dry, just saying.

On a more serious note, don't drink too much since your interview is tomorrow. Consider relaxing and doing something fun.

• Haha
  • Love
Sorry CPM. My DMs are dry, just saying.

On a more serious note, don't drink too much since your interview is tomorrow. Consider relaxing and doing something fun.

Posting on SDN

• Haha
In a good way though. The alcoholic type who drinks a few drinks a night to fall asleep rather than the maga hat doesn’t pay his child support type alcoholic

In a good way though. The alcoholic type who drinks a few drinks a night to fall asleep rather than the maga hat doesn’t pay his child support type alcoholic
Not a good idea. You have an interview tomorrow. You've been warned.

Hey that’s their choice. If they want me they’ll take me

• Haha
In before tomorrow:

"Guys I am hungover AF and told my interviewer to speak softer, my head hurts" :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Hey if they’ll don’t want me then I still have another ten suitors that’s on them. And trust me itill be a big mistake because I’m going to be the king of medicine someday notstr semisrs

What is notstr semisrs?

Perhaps it's self-medication for the anxiety disorder you've described.