Funny interview travel stories

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There is def no wrong answer lol. Just hope I didn't come off looking like an idiot :laugh:

I think you gave a very valid answer. Anything from the automobile, airplanes, the amount of people suffering from asbestosis, medical imaging, vaccines (though presently it seems society is working backwards on this one), televisions, computers, seatbelts, aaaaaand the list goes on lol.

1567721988457.png

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I think you gave a very valid answer. Anything from the automobile, airplanes, the amount of people suffering from asbestosis, medical imaging, vaccines (though presently it seems society is working backwards on this one), televisions, computers, seatbelts, aaaaaand the list goes on lol.

View attachment 278956
OH MY GOSH I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT VACCINES

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Every interview I’ve gone to had a storm nearby.

Tristate area: polar vortex hits right after my plane departs

Florida: got out 2 days before Hurricane Dorian got close to the state

Arizona: the night of my interview, a HUGE monsoon gets conjured up. Like with lightning and thunder every 2 seconds. Went from 115f to 70f.

Might be a sign from higher power

Last edited:
Every interview I’ve gone to had a storm nearby.

Tristate area: polar vortex hits right after my plane departs

Florida: got out 2 days before Hurricane Dorian got close to the state

Arizona: the night of my interview, a HUGE monsoon gets conjured up. Like with lightning and thunder every 2 seconds. Went from 115f to 70f.

Might be a sign from higher power
Maybe the 1 school where you don't have a weather issue is the one where you'll end up! Keep us posted!

Reactions: 1 user
I’m ashamed to admit that I enjoyed this. Thanks Cali

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Maybe the 1 school where you don't have a weather issue is the one where you'll end up! Keep us posted!

Quite the contrary. The one school with perfect weather gave me straight up R after waiting for 5 months. tristate school gave me a WL. Arizona school is my first A (woot). Still waiting for Florida decision.

Seems like I Gotta put my life at risk for these acceptances.

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
Once undeniable evidence indicates a troll, there is no alternative but the one that was chosen.

Edit: That is unfortunate to lose a comrade but beneficial to rid us of a troll

Attachments

• D4629DCC-1E7D-40F8-B975-941E31EB89D4.jpeg
    D4629DCC-1E7D-40F8-B975-941E31EB89D4.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 69
Maybe I've gotten decent troll detection, because my HR and BP definitely skyrocketed when I saw one of CPM's posts...just sayin'. Good riddance!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Maybe I've gotten decent troll detection, because my HR and BP definitely skyrocketed when I saw one of CPM's posts...just sayin'. Good riddance!

It was fun while it lasted, and gave me a good laugh or two (or 100) while I was knee-deep in secondaries. :rolleyes::)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Once undeniable evidence indicates a troll, there is no alternative but the one that was chosen.
I was interested in courting CPM. :( Looks like I'll be forever alone

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Wait I’m devastated. Pouring a drink out for a fallen comrade. Whose stupid, yet poignant threads will I distract myself for the rest of the cycle with now...

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
So, I know this thread has become an obituary for CPM, but on the topic of this thread: at my interview today I crossed my leg and noticed that I was wearing two different socks with two different patterns and colors :rolleyes: hopefully my interviewers didn’t notice

Edit: found out my wife let my 5 year old pair up the socks...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
First Walt, now CPM. Just ban me too, I don't wanna exist without them :cryi:

• Sad
Reactions: 9 users
I mean, I have made it through my existential crisis phase....do you want me to go back? Would that make you happy?

It’s a different energy completely. He was so earnest yet insane. And sometimes drunk.

Reactions: 7 users

What’s the undeniable evidence he was a troll?

calipremed5768 used SDN as a way to calm himself down and handle his anxiety issues.

Walter Raleigh took a joke too far until it became repetitive and unfunny.

I feel there was a real, anguished premed behind both screen names.

May they both find fulfillment on the other side of the rainbow.

Reactions: 8 users
for one thing, he kept making stupid ass posts. He was probably also warned to knock it off

I think he was Happy Gilmore and SDN is the stodgy old PGA tour

• Haha
Funny Interview Stories:

1. Did anyone meet an interviewer the night before and hit it off/didn't hit it off?

2. Did anyone forget to pack an important article of clothing: tie, belt, dress shoes?

3. Did anyone face an interviewer with odd mannerisms: never blinking, every spoken sentence ending in a rising tone, always on his/her phone?

4. Did anyone get an interviewer from the same college/fraternity,sorority?

Funny Interview Stories:

2. Did anyone forget to pack an important article of clothing: tie, belt, dress shoes?

I forgot my belt for one interview, but between my suit jacket and tying my tie longer than usual it was unnoticeable

His last post was asking whether adcoms planted tracking devices on applicants at interviews. I thought I had a very funny and sarcastic response and the whole thread was deleted. :sad:

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
His last post was asking whether adcoms planted tracking devices on applicants at interviews. I thought I had a very funny and sarcastic response and the whole thread was deleted. :sad:

He had a follow-up post in that thread where he indicated that he has always believed that people spy on him and track him. He specifically pointed to an ex-girlfriend that he believed had bugged or hacked his phone.

Some of his threads were hilarious because they read like absurdist parodies of our most neurotic premed thoughts.

I don’t know if he was serious or just attention-seeking, but when he started saying that he has paranoid/delusional thoughts, and especially when he started talking about a woman who was “tracking” him, it became a lot less funny.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
got to a student host's apartment night before the interview and realized I needed my own space bc I was anxious so I awkwardly had to text them and book a hotel and leave...

got to the airport today and went through security at 4 am-ish. TSA told me to have a good flight and I replied "you too!" :sorry: quickly walked away

I heard he actually went to the university hospital the night after he interviewed because he went out again the night after he interviewed because he got too drunk (srs)

I heard he actually went to the university hospital the night after he interviewed because he went out again the night after he interviewed because he got too drunk (srs)
Welcome back, calipremed on an alternate account.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Whoever encounters calipremed5768 in real life on the interview trail has to post here. THAT would be a funny story.

• Love
Well that was quick.

• Haha

Yes and u know this and his history after only just joining 8 hrs ago. Lol not very good cover CPM! And @EmbryonalCarcinoma you should forget this MD craziness and go into private investigating!! You def have a knack for it!

• Haha