Funny interview travel stories

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In before tomorrow:

"Guys I am hungover AF and told my interviewer to speak softer, my head hurts" :rofl:
Or: "I didn't want a hangover, so I kept drinking. I went to my interview drunk. If they don't want me, I've got other suitors!"

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Hey if they’ll don’t want me then I still have another ten suitors that’s on them. And trust me itill be a big mistake because I’m going to be the king of medicine someday notstr semisrs

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is THIS what those rapid fire SDN mental breakdowns look like from the outside? Goddamn, I apologize for being so annoying all those time. Jesus. Cali, I know the feel you feel. Let the feel feel it’s way out.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Interviewee (fun fact): "I can lick my elbow." Dean of Admissions: "Interesting....well thats a first."

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
One of my fellow interviewees was in a walking boot because his wife put a vase in the shower (???) and it shattered on his foot. In the waiting room we were giving him all sorts of suggestions as to what to tell the interviewers, like some BS story about stopping a break-in or saving kittens or something. Interviewer comes to get him, asks him about the boot and he immediately starts telling them all about the vase in the shower. Interesting dude

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Interviewee (fun fact): "I can lick my elbow." Dean of Admissions: "Interesting....well thats a first."
Lol person right before me says they like football. My turn comes: "I like basketball". Brutal

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
“I’ll only have a drink or two”
5 gin and tonics later
“You’re fine just get another one”
Brutal. Pounding headache

• Wow
  • Haha
Have fun bud. Is it NYU today?

The comment is no longer there but yesterday he wrote something about.. that’s ok, “next up/other interviews...im going to the BIG APPLE!” Haha

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
On the plane back from Baltimore there were only 10 or so of us for the whole plane. Everyone got to move around, like having a private jet. It was great :laugh:

Did you get to check out anything while in town?

I’m surprised more people aren’t trying to get out of Baltimore

Lol I would try to offer a counterargument, but ever since starting the application process I've been considering relocating :laugh: Don't get me wrong though Baltimore is great despite its recent media attention (which is fairly accurate).

Reactions: 2 users
Did you get to check out anything while in town?

Lol I would try to offer a counterargument, but ever since starting the application process I've been considering relocating :laugh: Don't get me wrong though Baltimore is great despite its recent media attention (which is fairly accurate).
I got to check out the harbor area, which was very nice!

I got to check out the harbor area, which was very nice!

The harbor is a nice place, especially outside of the summer months when it's not as touristy and congested. I don't know if you were interviewing here, but if you decided to move here give me a shout for any questions/suggestions if you're unfamiliar with the area!

Reactions: 1 user
The harbor is a nice place, especially outside of the summer months when it's not as touristy and congested. I don't know if you were interviewing here, but if you decided to move here give me a shout for any questions/suggestions if you're unfamiliar with the area!
I actually was! And I'll be sure to! Thanks so much

I actually was! And I'll be sure to! Thanks so much

That's awesome! The good thing about Baltimore, and most likely other major cities, is that you can easily find places to live to accommodate your preferences i.e. from the younger crowds with a ton of nightlife to a little more slower pace and laidback.

I'm a little surprised Cali hasn't been posting here during breaks or the tour... :p

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
“What was the question? Sorry, I had to post on SDN...”

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
I leave SDN alone for 2 weeks and come back to this stuff lmao.

Good luck in your interview cali

@calipremed5768 -- Did you really have an interview today? If so, can you say where, and in any event, how did it go????? Don't leave us hanging!!!
He’s ghosting us! I’m also sad he didn’t update during his interview... I definitely was holding out hope he would!

He’s ghosting us! I’m also sad he didn’t update during his interview... I definitely was holding out hope he would!
The Cali I knew would have posted a selfie with his interviewer. Smh he's changed.

#notmyCPM

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
The Cali I knew would have posted a selfie with his interviewer. Smh he's changed.

#notmyCPM

Legend has it CPM rocks a burgundy Littmann scope, instead of a tie, to all his interviews.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Watching... also, this thread should be titled "Where in the world is calipremed?"

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
I was flying home yesterday and fantasying about meeting someone who I would end up interviewing today. Maybe someone nice and helpful who would help me get my bag from the overhead bin.... or the kind that would make me say, to myself, "Karma's a bitch." Didn't work out that way, no pre-meds on the flight, I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
I was flying home yesterday and fantasying about meeting someone who I would end up interviewing today. Maybe someone nice and helpful who would help me get my bag from the overhead bin.... or the kind that would make me say, to myself, "Karma's a bitch." Didn't work out that way, no pre-meds on the flight, I guess.

How would you spot a premed? So that I can avoid looking like one on a plane...

Everyone reading this comment:
1567621077816.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
Spot anyone on their way home from an interview looking super hung over by chance?

• Haha

Your post seemed so out of place. I forgot that this thread was titled “Funny interview travel stories,” not “Calipremed’s pre-interview travel train wreck”

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Everyone reading this comment:
View attachment 278749

:laugh:

Interviewer: "biggest change since 1909?"

Me: "Airplanes"

I obviously explained, but

:bang:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Why is that a headbanger? Airplanes have, I think, made the world a smaller place and that has certainly been a huge thing for global operations.

Well, they walked right into that one. Airplanes is a really good answer... just not a medical one. Hopefully they laughed?

• Haha
I feel like it was stupid reaction answer compared to big ones like penicillin or internet, and my interviewer was like

"Wut?"

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I feel like it was stupid reaction answer compared to big ones like penicillin or internet, and my interviewer was like

"Wut?"

Your interviewer has a limited world view. Airplanes changed everything. Arguably, it helped solidify modern nation states and empires by allowing military might to be projected easily across continent sized swatches of land and ocean.

They're also a huge source of carbon emissions . . .

What they said ^^^ I mean the amount of "biggest changes" that have occurred since 1909 are plentiful :smack:

What they said ^^^ I mean the amount of "biggest changes" that have occurred since 1909 are plentiful :smack:
There is def no wrong answer lol. Just hope I didn't come off looking like an idiot :laugh: