Funny interview travel stories

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One of my fellow interviewees was in a walking boot because his wife put a vase in the shower (???) and it shattered on his foot. In the waiting room we were giving him all sorts of suggestions as to what to tell the interviewers, like some BS story about stopping a break-in or saving kittens or something. Interviewer comes to get him, asks him about the boot and he immediately starts telling them all about the vase in the shower. Interesting dude
 
On the plane back from Baltimore there were only 10 or so of us for the whole plane. Everyone got to move around, like having a private jet. It was great :laugh:

Did you get to check out anything while in town?

I’m surprised more people aren’t trying to get out of Baltimore

Lol I would try to offer a counterargument, but ever since starting the application process I've been considering relocating :laugh: Don't get me wrong though Baltimore is great despite its recent media attention (which is fairly accurate).
 
Did you get to check out anything while in town?



Lol I would try to offer a counterargument, but ever since starting the application process I've been considering relocating :laugh: Don't get me wrong though Baltimore is great despite its recent media attention (which is fairly accurate).
I got to check out the harbor area, which was very nice!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got to check out the harbor area, which was very nice!

The harbor is a nice place, especially outside of the summer months when it's not as touristy and congested. I don't know if you were interviewing here, but if you decided to move here give me a shout for any questions/suggestions if you're unfamiliar with the area!
 
I actually was! And I'll be sure to! Thanks so much

That's awesome! The good thing about Baltimore, and most likely other major cities, is that you can easily find places to live to accommodate your preferences i.e. from the younger crowds with a ton of nightlife to a little more slower pace and laidback.
 
@calipremed5768 -- Did you really have an interview today? If so, can you say where, and in any event, how did it go????? Don't leave us hanging!!!
He’s ghosting us! I’m also sad he didn’t update during his interview... I definitely was holding out hope he would!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was flying home yesterday and fantasying about meeting someone who I would end up interviewing today. Maybe someone nice and helpful who would help me get my bag from the overhead bin.... or the kind that would make me say, to myself, "Karma's a bitch." Didn't work out that way, no pre-meds on the flight, I guess.
 
I was flying home yesterday and fantasying about meeting someone who I would end up interviewing today. Maybe someone nice and helpful who would help me get my bag from the overhead bin.... or the kind that would make me say, to myself, "Karma's a bitch." Didn't work out that way, no pre-meds on the flight, I guess.

How would you spot a premed? So that I can avoid looking like one on a plane...
 
I was flying home yesterday and fantasying about meeting someone who I would end up interviewing today. Maybe someone nice and helpful who would help me get my bag from the overhead bin.... or the kind that would make me say, to myself, "Karma's a bitch." Didn't work out that way, no pre-meds on the flight, I guess.
Everyone reading this comment:
1567621077816.png
 
I was flying home yesterday and fantasying about meeting someone who I would end up interviewing today. Maybe someone nice and helpful who would help me get my bag from the overhead bin.... or the kind that would make me say, to myself, "Karma's a bitch." Didn't work out that way, no pre-meds on the flight, I guess.
Spot anyone on their way home from an interview looking super hung over by chance?
 
I was flying home yesterday and fantasying about meeting someone who I would end up interviewing today. Maybe someone nice and helpful who would help me get my bag from the overhead bin.... or the kind that would make me say, to myself, "Karma's a bitch." Didn't work out that way, no pre-meds on the flight, I guess.

Your post seemed so out of place. I forgot that this thread was titled “Funny interview travel stories,” not “Calipremed’s pre-interview travel train wreck”
 
Everyone reading this comment:
View attachment 278749
I was flying home yesterday and fantasying about meeting someone who I would end up interviewing today. Maybe someone nice and helpful who would help me get my bag from the overhead bin.... or the kind that would make me say, to myself, "Karma's a bitch." Didn't work out that way, no pre-meds on the flight, I guess.

:laugh:
 
Interviewer: "biggest change since 1909?"

Me: "Airplanes"

I obviously explained, but


.....



:bang:
Why is that a headbanger? Airplanes have, I think, made the world a smaller place and that has certainly been a huge thing for global operations.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like it was stupid reaction answer compared to big ones like penicillin or internet, and my interviewer was like


"Wut?"

Your interviewer has a limited world view. Airplanes changed everything. Arguably, it helped solidify modern nation states and empires by allowing military might to be projected easily across continent sized swatches of land and ocean.

They're also a huge source of carbon emissions . . .