Jan 8, 2018
In before tomorrow:

"Guys I am hungover AF and told my interviewer to speak softer, my head hurts" :rofl:
Or: "I didn't want a hangover, so I kept drinking. I went to my interview drunk. If they don't want me, I've got other suitors!"

Mr. Dr. Prof. Patrick

The Inner Machinations of my mind are an enigma
Feb 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Is THIS what those rapid fire SDN mental breakdowns look like from the outside? Goddamn, I apologize for being so annoying all those time. Jesus. Cali, I know the feel you feel. Let the feel feel it’s way out.

Jan 8, 2018
Jul 29, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
One of my fellow interviewees was in a walking boot because his wife put a vase in the shower (???) and it shattered on his foot. In the waiting room we were giving him all sorts of suggestions as to what to tell the interviewers, like some BS story about stopping a break-in or saving kittens or something. Interviewer comes to get him, asks him about the boot and he immediately starts telling them all about the vase in the shower. Interesting dude

Mr. Dr. Prof. Patrick

Feb 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
“I’ll only have a drink or two”
5 gin and tonics later
“You’re fine just get another one”
Brutal. Pounding headache
Have fun bud. Is it NYU today?

Engrailed

Keep calm and drink water. Namaste.
Jun 8, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Have fun bud. Is it NYU today?
The comment is no longer there but yesterday he wrote something about.. that’s ok, “next up/other interviews...im going to the BIG APPLE!” Haha

Mar 6, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
On the plane back from Baltimore there were only 10 or so of us for the whole plane. Everyone got to move around, like having a private jet. It was great :laugh:
Did you get to check out anything while in town?

I’m surprised more people aren’t trying to get out of Baltimore
Lol I would try to offer a counterargument, but ever since starting the application process I've been considering relocating :laugh: Don't get me wrong though Baltimore is great despite its recent media attention (which is fairly accurate).

u_raptor

Trying To Survive That Application Meteor
2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Did you get to check out anything while in town?

Lol I would try to offer a counterargument, but ever since starting the application process I've been considering relocating :laugh: Don't get me wrong though Baltimore is great despite its recent media attention (which is fairly accurate).
I got to check out the harbor area, which was very nice!

Mar 6, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I got to check out the harbor area, which was very nice!
The harbor is a nice place, especially outside of the summer months when it's not as touristy and congested. I don't know if you were interviewing here, but if you decided to move here give me a shout for any questions/suggestions if you're unfamiliar with the area!

Reactions: EmbryonalCarcinoma

u_raptor

2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
The harbor is a nice place, especially outside of the summer months when it's not as touristy and congested. I don't know if you were interviewing here, but if you decided to move here give me a shout for any questions/suggestions if you're unfamiliar with the area!
I actually was! And I'll be sure to! Thanks so much

Mar 6, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I actually was! And I'll be sure to! Thanks so much
That's awesome! The good thing about Baltimore, and most likely other major cities, is that you can easily find places to live to accommodate your preferences i.e. from the younger crowds with a ton of nightlife to a little more slower pace and laidback.

Reactions: u_raptor

Mr. Dr. Prof. Patrick

Feb 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm a little surprised Cali hasn't been posting here during breaks or the tour... :p
Even Memelord can stay off SDN for an interview. I am sure Cali is doing fine

u_raptor

2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Jan 8, 2018
@calipremed5768 -- Did you really have an interview today? If so, can you say where, and in any event, how did it go????? Don't leave us hanging!!!
He’s ghosting us! I’m also sad he didn’t update during his interview... I definitely was holding out hope he would!

Oct 19, 2017
Edgeville W18
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
The Cali I knew would have posted a selfie with his interviewer. Smh he's changed.

#notmyCPM
Legend has it CPM rocks a burgundy Littmann scope, instead of a tie, to all his interviews.

Last edited:

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Academic Administration
I was flying home yesterday and fantasying about meeting someone who I would end up interviewing today. Maybe someone nice and helpful who would help me get my bag from the overhead bin.... or the kind that would make me say, to myself, "Karma's a bitch." Didn't work out that way, no pre-meds on the flight, I guess.

Cornfed101

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2017
Status
I was flying home yesterday and fantasying about meeting someone who I would end up interviewing today. Maybe someone nice and helpful who would help me get my bag from the overhead bin.... or the kind that would make me say, to myself, "Karma's a bitch." Didn't work out that way, no pre-meds on the flight, I guess.
How would you spot a premed? So that I can avoid looking like one on a plane...

Apr 2, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Everyone reading this comment:
1567621077816.png

Jan 8, 2018
Jul 29, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Spot anyone on their way home from an interview looking super hung over by chance?

Oct 19, 2017
Edgeville W18
Status
Your post seemed so out of place. I forgot that this thread was titled “Funny interview travel stories,” not “Calipremed’s pre-interview travel train wreck”

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Academic Administration
How would you spot a premed? So that I can avoid looking like one on a plane...
No, I'd spot them the next day in the interview room and say, "do I know you from somewhere?":smack:

Engrailed

Keep calm and drink water. Namaste.
Jun 8, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Everyone reading this comment:
View attachment 278749
:laugh:

u_raptor

2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Interviewer: "biggest change since 1909?"

Me: "Airplanes"

I obviously explained, but

:bang:

Mr. Dr. Prof. Patrick

Feb 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical

Why is that a headbanger? Airplanes have, I think, made the world a smaller place and that has certainly been a huge thing for global operations.

Reactions: OxenFoxen

Cornfed101

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2017
Status

Well, they walked right into that one. Airplanes is a really good answer... just not a medical one. Hopefully they laughed?

u_raptor

2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I feel like it was stupid reaction answer compared to big ones like penicillin or internet, and my interviewer was like

"Wut?"

MyOdyssey

2+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2015
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I feel like it was stupid reaction answer compared to big ones like penicillin or internet, and my interviewer was like

"Wut?"
Your interviewer has a limited world view. Airplanes changed everything. Arguably, it helped solidify modern nation states and empires by allowing military might to be projected easily across continent sized swatches of land and ocean.

They're also a huge source of carbon emissions . . .

u_raptor

2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
What they said ^^^ I mean the amount of "biggest changes" that have occurred since 1909 are plentiful :smack:
There is def no wrong answer lol. Just hope I didn't come off looking like an idiot :laugh:

Jan 8, 2018
Nah but for real, is CPM okay :1cry:
I'm sure he's fine. If this one didn't go well, he still has "10 other suitors" at schools like NYU. He's got nothing to worry about...