Funny Stories

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xdianaax

In memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think in light of those of recieved interviews, acceptances, or those even still waiting but had to go through the dreadful application process we need some funny interview/school/class stories. It's the holidays, a time of laughter and cheer, and you all deserve it, lets hope everyone can drop a good story! Here's mine: So I was having dinner one night with a few people from school, some dental students, and some medical students. We were accompanied by some fellow dentists and doctors, and some professors. Anyways, I'm the youngest of the bunch and I wanted to act like an inquisitive mind. Earlier that day I was on SDN and I was reading through some threads. Well I came across a really cool picture of an eyelid laceration and decided to bring it up at dinner. Well it went well, they were surprised I was interested in that stuff, and everyone got into it. Well thinking I would show them that I loved learning new things and that I liked talking about this stuff. Ok, so under that picture in that thread a fellow SDNers signature was as follows "Dyspareunia is better than no pareunia at all" little did I know what it meant. So i decided to ask...bad idea. At first I just got the awkward glance, then everyone burst out laughing. Boy did I feel stupid! And I STILL didn't know what it meant. So the dentist sitting next to me turns to me and says, "sweety, that pretty much means painful sex is better than no sex at all" and there you go...needless to say i stopped asking about words I didn't know about at public gatherings.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm, once I was assiting a doctor on an extraction, which went perfectly fine. As he was suturing though, the patient starting screaming in pain, pointing to his face and scream some the "EEERND, EEERND."

Moral of the story: Make sure if your patient has a full on, sant claus-esqe beard, that you don't tie one of his facial hairs into the suture.