Success stories for LOW PAT (15 or below)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sciencegirl1998

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's not likely to get accepted with a low PAT(I have a 15), but has anyone. I have a 3.6 cgpa, 3.45 sgpa. 22 AA with all other sections above 17 and 26 in RC. I've gotten one invite so far, but I was wondering if anyone could give me some hope

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, many have. Many programs don't care about your QR and PAT scores. Most schools usually rank scores in this order of importance:
AA>TS>RC>PAT>>QR

Reactions: 1 user
I know it's not likely to get accepted with a low PAT(I have a 15), but has anyone. I have a 3.6 cgpa, 3.45 sgpa. 22 AA with all other sections above 17 and 26 in RC. I've gotten one invite so far, but I was wondering if anyone could give me some hope
I was accepted having taken the DAT four times, PAT was never above a 15.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've only gotten one interview invite so far so I'm just nervous
I understand, I only got one interview too. You just have to be ready to show them that you’re willing to work hard and that this is what you want to do. They know that shapes on a screen don’t determine you’re ability to do dentistry. They are going to teach you how to do dentistry.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I've only gotten one interview invite so far so I'm just nervous

I think you shouldn't be nervous. This year is very different from the past. For example, some schools are waiving the DAT requirement entirely this year, so a single low score probably isn't a problem, especially if you already received an invite and have great stats. I know it's hard, but being patient is probably your best bet!

Reactions: 1 users