future experiences on AMCAS?

Started by c_redleg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

c_redleg

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it OK to list future experiences in the application? I'll be going to beliz to work at a free clinic... I'm not sure exactly when though.
 
sure, I think so, as long as your willing to sign your name to it. It is a great thing to update the schools on when you're writing secondaries or waiting to hear from them. If you end up not going, you should probably let the schools know so they don't think you were just trying to pad your application.
 
How about significant experiences in high school? I assume that is probably not a good idea... but I volunteered at a nursing home for 2 years in high school.
 
The AMCAS application has section that is for Post-Secondary Experiences, meaning experiences after high school. However, it seems reasonable to include experiences from high school in your personal statement if appropriate.