Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

future experiences on AMCAS?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by c_redleg, Jun 10, 2002.

1. c_redleg

c_redleg Member
    7+ Year Member

Is it OK to list future experiences in the application? I'll be going to beliz to work at a free clinic... I'm not sure exactly when though.

2. bellaludwig

bellaludwig Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

sure, I think so, as long as your willing to sign your name to it. It is a great thing to update the schools on when you're writing secondaries or waiting to hear from them. If you end up not going, you should probably let the schools know so they don't think you were just trying to pad your application.

3. c_redleg

c_redleg Member
    7+ Year Member

How about significant experiences in high school? I assume that is probably not a good idea... but I volunteered at a nursing home for 2 years in high school.

4. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The AMCAS application has section that is for Post-Secondary Experiences, meaning experiences after high school. However, it seems reasonable to include experiences from high school in your personal statement if appropriate.