Future WW Games

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have had some poetry published and I did definitely do NaNoWriMo once where I wrote 50k words of poetry (well I tried lol) but there's no way in hell I'm sharing any of it with English majors.
Ha. You say that like it means anything. They gave me a degree for my ability to write kick ass essays built entirely of bull manure

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I have had some poetry published and I did definitely do NaNoWriMo once where I wrote 50k words of poetry (well I tried lol) but there's no way in hell I'm sharing any of it with English majors.
There maaaaay also be some embarrassing short stories and creative nonfiction. But at least one of those is about how I tried to kill myself in high school (and also about Spock. don't ask questions) so that may not be the best thing to share here. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
There maaaaay also be some embarrassing short stories and creative nonfiction. But at least one of those is about how I tried to kill myself in high school (and also about Spock. don't ask questions) so that may not be the best thing to share here. :rolleyes:
The only reason Dumbledore swore is 'cause he had a headache, ok?

Reactions: 1 user
The only reason Dumbledore swore is 'cause he had a headache, ok?
I only wrote high quality House MD fanfiction, thank you very much. And there were no romantic relationships of any kind because I was twelve and that stuff is groce.

Reactions: 4 users
I only wrote high quality House MD fanfiction, thank you very much. And there were no romantic relationships of any kind because I was twelve and that stuff is groce.
I was writing stories about beautiful orphaned girls who could talk to dragons when I was 12

For all the super new players wanting to learn to mod, I'd suggest playing another couple+ games before the game you are set up to mod starts. Since there is so much variation in roles/abilities/etc, having seen and played with more of them will make the modding side of things easier. That's coming from someone who just tried it for the first time. :p

Stoked that we have so many new WW recruits, games will be bustling for a while!

Reactions: 6 users
I was writing stories about beautiful orphaned girls who could talk to dragons when I was 12

I definitely wrote an orphan/dragon story sometime. I wrote so many stories when I was 12. Most of them were about the fantasy-parallel-earth land my cousin and I created. Also spy school, jedi stuff, and beyblade fanfic. Also I only finished a handful of stories and the ones I did, the majority of my characters ended up dying horrible deaths because I felt there needed to be more action or I decided I didn't like that character anymore.

I definitely wrote an orphan/dragon story sometime. I wrote so many stories when I was 12. Most of them were about the fantasy-parallel-earth land my cousin and I created. Also spy school, jedi stuff, and beyblade fanfic. Also I only finished a handful of stories and the ones I did, the majority of my characters ended up dying horrible deaths because I felt there needed to be more action or I decided I didn't like that character anymore.
I killed my favorite character in an Oregon trail story and I don't even know why o_O

I killed my favorite character in an Oregon trail story and I don't even know why o_O

I think I wrote/drew a picture book which was a photo album of different horrible ways characters from my fantasy land died/went missing. I was such a sweet little middle schooler...

Reactions: 1 users
I was really into fantasy stories that were all really weird.

I remember one involved people who were born with particularly robust souls and a variety of supernatural entities would attempt to murder them because with some guidance the souls could be converted into gods of various things (or enslaved, which I think Satan did?). The problem was that once souls were converted the gods couldn't really die,and having gods of the same thing got territorial, so there were a lot of gods of inconsequential items.

The main character was a kid named James with, like, the best soul anyone had ever seen, so he was naturally on the run from a ton of people and received a lot of help from gods who hadn't been lucky enough to escape being murdered and converted.

He met a guy who was the god of neckties and ended up choking Satan to death with a tie that could only be loosened by James himself.

I don't remember what inspired me to write that, but I'm positive I gave almost all of it to my seventh grade English teacher to read. She must have thought I was weird.

Actually, now that I think about it, almost everything I ever wrote involved gruesome, vicious murders as a core aspect of the plot. :thinking:

Members don't see this ad :)
The god of neckties :hilarious:
His name was Bruce and he was very well dressed. I think he was born in like Roman times and had previously had the best soul anyone had ever seen. He killed himself in the middle of an epic battle against the supernatural entities so he could be in charge of himself and everyone widely regarded him as a disappointment. He didn't really even decide to be the god of ties until he'd been dead for a super long time. Nobody understood the necktie thing.

I'm pretty sure I wrote him to seem purposefully useless until you realize that he's a clever and conniving dude who just likes ties.

I was really into fantasy stories that were all really weird.

I remember one involved people who were born with particularly robust souls and a variety of supernatural entities would attempt to murder them because with some guidance the souls could be converted into gods of various things (or enslaved, which I think Satan did?). The problem was that once souls were converted the gods couldn't really die,and having gods of the same thing got territorial, so there were a lot of gods of inconsequential items.

"To your left you'll see Apollo, god of light. And just behind him is Aveeno, god of moisturizing lotion"

Reactions: 5 users
His name was Bruce and he was very well dressed. I think he was born in like Roman times and had previously had the best soul anyone had ever seen. He killed himself in the middle of an epic battle against the supernatural entities so he could be in charge of himself and everyone widely regarded him as a disappointment. He didn't really even decide to be the god of ties until he'd been dead for a super long time. Nobody understood the necktie thing.

I'm pretty sure I wrote him to seem purposefully useless until you realize that he's a clever and conniving dude who just likes ties.
He killed himself to have control of his soul and then he CHOSE to be the god of neckties? I love him. Give him to me.

Moisturizing and lotion are pretty redundant, Bear

not my company not my problem
IMG_5054.JPG

In the US we wash eggs after they are laid and before they are distributed to the market, but this process washes off the outer coating of the egg called the cuticle. With the cuticle gone the egg has to be refrigerated because the cuticle helps prevent bacteria from getting into the egg. Other countries don't wash this layer off, so the eggs can be stored at room temperature without the risk of the eggs going bad from bacterial contamination at room temperature.

I think washed eggs also might sweat water at room temperature as well? NPR also has an interesting article about this whole egg washing business http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt...-chills-its-eggs-and-most-of-the-world-doesnt
I know, I was behind 3 pages. Deal with it.

But, I don't wash my eggs and I normally leave them on the counter. If they make it past 10 days, they finally might make peelable hard boiled eggs. (Enough air space and the little membrane on the inside of the shell wrinkles a little, so it separates from the shell and the albumin/white.) Though often, even in really dry climates, they need more than 2 weeks because of the thick shells and the protective coating.

If I wash them, it is closer to 5 days that I can boil. The coating does protect the eggs from water loss and bacteria. If hens lay in a damp nest and set, you can expect high mortality from both dehydration (why you need humidity in your incubator) and bacterial infection through the shell.

They sell products to both wash your eggs and reapply a sealing coat, but none are as good as the original.

"To your left you'll see Apollo, god of light. And just behind him is Aveeno, god of moisturizing lotion"
Okay but this is exactly what it was like. There were super high tier gods/goddesses and super trash tier ones. You could only be a really great one if your soul was really really good, so lots of people maxed out at mediocre.

I also recall a god of sanity and a goddess of insanity. If they were kept apart long enough they would switch who was the god of what.

I'm trying to think. There were gods/goddesses for at least:
  • Bones
  • Fashion
  • Jilted lovers
  • Children
  • Soft pillows
  • Daydreams
  • Dragons
  • Stained glass
  • Gold
  • Texting
  • Beer
  • Kitties
I also remember there was a zoo full of evil creatures of myth, one of which was a leviathan named Lilith who was Adam's first wife. She was mad at him for cheating on her and tricked them into eating the apple. They kept her in a giant (think lake sized) fish tank and if she got out she could poison people to do her bidding. When she poisoned them they would become massively intelligent and their insides would turn to liquid gold. James used to talk to her for advice for some reason.

I know lots about chickens! Including a fun trick for collecting from roosters.

VMH, I love your story world!

(Ok, present now)

VMH, write this best-selling novel of yours, pay vet school debts. Be everyone's hero.

give me this god of neckties and Lilith in a fish tank

Reactions: 5 users
He killed himself to have control of his soul and then he CHOSE to be the god of neckties? I love him. Give him to me.
He wore a lot of yellow suits too, by the way. Bruce was like my favorite character to write because he just did his own thing. He gave James that tie after they first met, in case he needed to get ready for a formal occasion on very short notice.

Also, for some reason most of the gods/goddesses could read one another's minds if they made eye contact (some were better at this than others). If they broke eye contact then they couldn't do it.

This meant that Satan (secretive as he is) wore wraparound sunglasses at all times. He basically dressed like a surf bum, actually. And I think he had frosted tips or something similar.

VMH, write this best-selling novel of yours, pay vet school debts. Be everyone's hero.

give me this god of neckties and Lilith in a fish tank
I really should rewrite it now that I have a better command of the English language than a twelve year old (I think). That overhaul would take forever though.

Also this doesn't even scratch the surface of weird stories I wrote as a child.

PSA:

If anyone wants to save me from having to make up my own crazy names, feel free to name yourself for the telenovela WW. :D PM me a male name and a female name. Names can be as normal or as out there as you'd like.

PSA:

If anyone wants to save me from having to make up my own crazy names, feel free to name yourself for the telenovela WW. :D PM me a male name and a female name. Names can be as normal or as out there as you'd like.
What language telenovela are we talking about? Because Spanish Telenovelas are MUCH different than English telenovelas

I used to write stories based on dreams I had. One day I wrote about a group of girls that had gotten kidnapped and were being held in a creepy basement by some lunatic. My parents found my dream journal/story book an put me in therapy.

I stopped writing dream stories after that

Y'all went off on a writing tangent while I was asleep?? Come on now.

Why didn't you mention this when I was doing NaNoWriMo???
Or did you and I forgot because my brain basically turned to sludge that month?

This week I'm beginning the process of typing up that monster by the way...it's a good thing I don't have a fireplace because if I did, I'm sure it would be tempting to toss it into the flames.

Totally late to the babymod party but @SARdoghandler only just mentioned it to me :poke:

But I would totally be interested in babymodding any time! For anything really :p

Category A: Game currently being run
Star Wars III - Zensing & Lupin

Category B: Games that need some work but can be cleaned up in a few days if necessary
1. OITNB redux - tp

Category C: Games in active development
1. Supernatural - swingnsave + gwen
2. Best of- SOV and Lissarae
3. Resistance Redux Not WW - Rojo
4. ????? - Chillbo
5. ????? - MJ
6. Dead of WWinter - Caia
7. The Dark Tower - WildZoo
8. Hannibal - MadZoo
9. Telenovela - PBC + guis + all the baby mods
10. Clue WW - ResoluteMike w/ Kaydubs
11. RPG Game Compilation - kaydubs
12. WW Cat Sanctuary - @StartingoverVet (after Star WWars III)

Category D: Games in early development or concept stage
1. Firefly - LIS + ???
2. Disney Redux - DVMD+ Ashgirl+ Alohacat
3. Indiana Jones- Devyn and DVMD
4. No theme, out of the depths of DVMD's mind - DVMD (This may or may not happen still, debating on it, we'll see how creative I decide to be)
5. LIS & SOV (Airplanes)
6. A Series of Unfortunate Events - EC and Lupin
7. Lonely Island - rojo
8. Kingdom Hearts - Ashgirl and Gwen
9. RWBY- Gwen and Ashgirl (noobs be getting adventurous )
10. Wheel of Time - Cyndia, WL, and Ashgirl
11. BioShock - MadZoo
12. Once Upon A Time Redux - BI + DVMD
13. Hotel California - Promethean
14. American Horror Story (murder house or asylum) - Cyndia & WildZoo
15. Archer - MJ
16. Eragon - Gwen & Katashark
17. Sea Monsters - Katashark and kaydubs
18. Iron Druid - LIS & dy
19. Divergent Series - Gwen (not going to run for a long time)
20. Jurassic WWorld - Swin and STL
21. WW Dreamers - Jilary & Lupin
22. Miazaki WW - katashark and hmoo
23. Sushi/WWater Part II? - kaydubs &katashark
24. Invasive WW - BBC and kaydubs
25. Lord of the Rings (redux) - WZ

Last edited:
Added it. If anyone wants to hop on (experienced mod or baby mod or both), let me know. I'll be ruminating on it while I'm rereading the books so planning might not start for a good bit.

Ignore my stalled Hannibal and Dark Tower games...I'll get back around to those too at some point.

Added it. If anyone wants to hop on (experienced mod or baby mod or both), let me know. I'll be ruminating on it while I'm rereading the books so planning might not start for a good bit.

Ignore my stalled Hannibal and Dark Tower games...I'll get back around to those too at some point.
I'd love to baby mod/ egg mod.
Edit: But I'm just thinking now and I'm going to wait until I play more games, get some more experience before I apply (hmm where have I heard that before?)

I know this was mentioned quite a while ago, but should we go through the list and tidy it up?
Several people on there haven't been involved in WW in over a year, and at least 1 game was taken over and run by someone else (Immuno).

I would like to baby mod! :)

Taking Dead of Winter off because I probably won't be able to even consider modding for another year (during my research block next Jan).

Category A: Game currently being run

Star Wars III - Zensing & Lupin

Category B: Games that need some work but can be cleaned up in a few days if necessary
1. OITNB redux - tp

Category C: Games in active development
1. Supernatural - swingnsave + gwen
2. Best of- SOV and Lissarae
3. Resistance Redux Not WW - Rojo
4. ????? - Chillbo
5. ????? - MJ
6. The Dark Tower - WildZoo
7. Hannibal - MadZoo
8. Telenovela - PBC + guis + all the baby mods
9. Clue WW - ResoluteMike w/ Kaydubs
10. RPG Game Compilation - kaydubs
11. WW Cat Sanctuary - @StartingoverVet (after Star WWars III)

Category D: Games in early development or concept stage
1. Firefly - LIS + ???
2. Disney Redux - DVMD+ Ashgirl+ Alohacat
3. Indiana Jones- Devyn and DVMD
4. No theme, out of the depths of DVMD's mind - DVMD (This may or may not happen still, debating on it, we'll see how creative I decide to be)
5. LIS & SOV (Airplanes)
6. A Series of Unfortunate Events - EC and Lupin
7. Lonely Island - rojo
8. Kingdom Hearts - Ashgirl and Gwen
9. RWBY- Gwen and Ashgirl (noobs be getting adventurous )
10. Wheel of Time - Cyndia, WL, and Ashgirl
11. BioShock - MadZoo
12. Once Upon A Time Redux - BI + DVMD
13. Hotel California - Promethean
14. American Horror Story (murder house or asylum) - Cyndia & WildZoo
15. Archer - MJ
16. Eragon - Gwen & Katashark
17. Sea Monsters - Katashark and kaydubs
18. Iron Druid - LIS & dy
19. Divergent Series - Gwen (not going to run for a long time)
20. Jurassic WWorld - Swin and STL
21. WW Dreamers - Jilary & Lupin
22. Miazaki WW - katashark and hmoo
23. Sushi/WWater Part II? - kaydubs &katashark
24. Invasive WW - BBC and kaydubs
25. Lord of the Rings (redux) - WZ