Army FY22 AMEDD Board

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ValeRx

Not Retail
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Figured I'd start a fresh thread for the new year. Deadline 23 Sep for 19 Oct board. My scroll has been approved but was DQ'd by MEPS so now I'm waiting for higher to waive me to physical and a med waiver. Recruiter is requesting exception to policy in case I can't physical by the deadline due to command surgeon not approving me in time.

I have been told that approval to physical can be as quick as a seven working day turnaround. Hoping that is the case - and any input by people who had medical waivers approved as a direct commission AMEDD applicant would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Figured I'd start a fresh thread for the new year. Deadline 23 Sep for 19 Oct board. My scroll has been approved but was DQ'd by MEPS so now I'm waiting for higher to waive me to physical and a med waiver. Recruiter is requesting exception to policy in case I can't physical by the deadline due to command surgeon not approving me in time.

I have been told that approval to physical can be as quick as a seven working day turnaround. Hoping that is the case - and any input by people who had medical waivers approved as a direct commission AMEDD applicant would be greatly appreciated.

I had to do something similar when I had my board. My recruiter was able to work some magic and somehow push my packet through within about 2 weeks with the waiver, but it also was for minor eye condition that was given a green light by eye doctor easily.

I had to do something similar when I had my board. My recruiter was able to work some magic and somehow push my packet through within about 2 weeks with the waiver, but it also was for minor eye condition that was given a green light by eye doctor easily.

Mine is a little more complicated than that. unfortunately. I fully expect it to take a couple months.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine is a little more complicated than that. unfortunately. I fully expect it to take a couple months.

Good luck! It is all worth it when you commission.

Good luck! It is all worth it when you commission.

I'm remaining cautiously optimistic. My recruiter seems to think a waiver will be no problem. I don't share his enthusiasm/outlook because I believe in the whole "prepare for the worst, hope for the best" mentality. I am trying to remain positive, though!

I got a waiver, but it was for something trivial. Pigment dispersion syndrome, and the Navy just spent money educating my arse.

MEPS physical in a few days. Can't wait to sit around a bunch of 18 year old kids as a 40 year old man.

I was 36 when I went. Supposedly they get you your own doc for the officers and push you through first. That's what MEPS told me was supposed to happen. As usual it was a case of the supposedta's and when I showed up at MEPS I was run through with all the teenagers. I looked like a grizzled old man that wondered into the wrong building with my salt and pepper hair. It was great doing the underwear olympics and hearing all my joints crack haha

I was 36 when I went. Supposedly they get you your own doc for the officers and push you through first. That's what MEPS told me was supposed to happen. As usual it was a case of the supposedta's and when I showed up at MEPS I was run through with all the teenagers. I looked like a grizzled old man that wondered into the wrong building with my salt and pepper hair. It was great doing the underwear olympics and hearing all my joints crack haha

Yeah, I was told the same thing. I've got low expectations! Also I get to do the 40+ physical which includes fasting bloodwork and an EKG. :rofl:

Reactions: 1 user
Update: No red carpet treatment. Luckily 95% of the people at MEPS were shippers and only 14 of us were processing so it really made no difference. Also, no EKG for being over 40, or any other additional tests. They may have drawn a little extra blood but that was all.

Update: No red carpet treatment. Luckily 95% of the people at MEPS were shippers and only 14 of us were processing so it really made no difference. Also, no EKG for being over 40, or any other additional tests. They may have drawn a little extra blood but that was all.

Glad to hear it went smoothly!

I guess I was lucky! I spent, maybe, 60 minutes at MEPS with someone moving me through all of the stations. The kids' faces were funny when they saw my (not-that-)old face walking past them. You don't realize how young 18 year olds are until suddenly they are children.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I was lucky! I spent, maybe, 60 minutes at MEPS with someone moving me through all of the stations. The kids' faces were funny when they saw my (not-that-)old face walking past them. You don't realize how young 18 year olds are until suddenly they are children.

There was an Air Force applicant that definitely got the royal treatment. Funny thing is about age. I was towards the back of the line and the guy checking in people would say, "Age?" "18... 17... 18.. 22." Then when I got up there and said "40" he looks at me and says, "well alright. Prior service??" That guy was right around my age. It's also fairly sad that of the nine guys doing the ortho part, 7 of them had to be taped. I was by far the most fit guy in that room and twice their age. They kept calling me "sir" and it kinda bothered me. :rofl:

When I went they tried to do the same thing. The staff and I had a good time cutting up.

There was an Air Force applicant that definitely got the royal treatment. Funny thing is about age. I was towards the back of the line and the guy checking in people would say, "Age?" "18... 17... 18.. 22." Then when I got up there and said "40" he looks at me and says, "well alright. Prior service??" That guy was right around my age. It's also fairly sad that of the nine guys doing the ortho part, 7 of them had to be taped. I was by far the most fit guy in that room and twice their age. They kept calling me "sir" and it kinda bothered me. :rofl:

Might as well get used to the sir thing.

BOARD SELECTED. WOO!

*pending medical waiver

Woohoo! congrats! No just gotta wait for the crusty old docs in the basement of some building in Fort Knox to sign off on the waiver.

Crusty docs approved my waiver! Now just waiting for final SECDEF approval, then I commission.

Congrats! They must have thrown the bones down on the old clay dirt floor and decided you were worthy and bear the mark of military provider.

Contract signed and oath taken!
Congratulations!!!!

Now just gotta wait on orders. Mine took about 4 months. Keep on your recruiter to keep checking system for them.

Congratulations!!!!

Now just gotta wait on orders. Mine took about 4 months. Keep on your recruiter to keep checking system for them.

I was told it could be up to six weeks for orders and I had put 60 days notice on my form when it asked when I could leave. The next DCC date isn't until July so I'm not going anywhere for a little while.

I was told it could be up to six weeks for orders and I had put 60 days notice on my form when it asked when I could leave. The next DCC date isn't until July so I'm not going anywhere for a little while.

I hope DCC is better for you than it was when I went. most of the cadre were officer hating enlisted who were pissed they had to babysit a bunch of AMEDD soldiers as school house instructors, but they obviously didn't want to do recruiting duty or drill school so hey we all do things we don't want to do to get promoted in the Army.

@ValeRx Congrats again on the commission! I guess I'll have to create a FY23 forum soon :cryi: LOL. Any idea when recruiters find out how many slots are available? Last couple years I've been contacting the recruiter in January but might be a little overzealous hahaha

@ValeRx Congrats again on the commission! I guess I'll have to create a FY23 forum soon :cryi: LOL. Any idea when recruiters find out how many slots are available? Last couple years I've been contacting the recruiter in January but might be a little overzealous hahaha

Thanks! This last go around I was told to contact my recruiter in July.